City looking at increase in water rate

City looking at increase in water rate

There are 32 comments on the The Inter-Mountain story from Nov 19, 2012, titled City looking at increase in water rate. In it, The Inter-Mountain reports that:

Buckhannon City Council approved an ordinance for a water rate increase proposal at last week's meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Inter-Mountain.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rew

Clarksburg, WV

#1 Nov 20, 2012
its high enough
Lena

Roanoke, VA

#2 Nov 20, 2012
Too high
1 post removed

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 20, 2012
How much is water now

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 20, 2012
Im glad I dont live in the city...Seems pretty weird that like 3/4 of the way through the article they change the subject and talk about a cable rate hike with no segue
Idiots

Bronx, NY

#6 Nov 21, 2012
The city needs to vote this mayor out! All he does is raise crap! If they would manage the citizens tax dollars better we would not have the issues we do. I haven't seen him do anything for the ppl of Randolph County other than raise fire fees, water rates, etc. He must be getting a kick back!

Since: Jul 12

Buckhannon

#7 Nov 21, 2012
Uknown Hinson wrote:
Im glad I dont live in the city...Seems pretty weird that like 3/4 of the way through the article they change the subject and talk about a cable rate hike with no segue
you realize the City provides water county-wide, right? And that's Upshur County, not Randolphy County- so the earlier poster who's going to vote the Buckhannon mayor out with all that's gone awry in Randolph County- good luck with that campaign

Location hidden

#8 Nov 21, 2012
If the city provides water county-wide why do I pay the Adrian p.s.d. for my water? Why does my cousin pay the Elkins road p.s.d.? Shouldn't we be paying Buckhannon instead ?
shawty

Elkins, WV

#9 Nov 21, 2012
you are correct unknown hinson. the city does not control the water for the entire county of upshur. i know ellamore has their own water department as well.
good clean water

Bronx, NY

#10 Nov 21, 2012
They have to raise the rates so they can more fluoride and a few other chemicals.

Its for the children's teeth.

good clean water.
good clean water

Bronx, NY

#11 Nov 21, 2012
add more fluoride
Disgusted

Elkins, WV

#12 Nov 21, 2012
If you think a $2.50 per month average water rate increase is high, just wait till Obama's healthcare costs and tax increases take effect!
Get ready to bend over and squeel like a pig!!!! Suckers!

Buckhannon, WV

#13 Nov 21, 2012
Take this post to the Buckhannon forum. This is for the Elkins area!

Buckhannon, WV

#14 Nov 21, 2012
Take this topic to the Buckhannon forum! Who cares about Buckhannon rates!
whateva

Elkins, WV

#15 Nov 21, 2012
hey guest! this is the buckhannon forum! so how about you go back to the elkins dummy. and your location says buckhannon, so your most likely living here too! stfu bull dyke!
cornbreaaad

Elkins, WV

#16 Nov 21, 2012
I want free wata! Wata free we shouldnt havta pay!! And I want cornbreaaad! Buckhannon need start giving cornbreaaad to everybody!

Location hidden

#17 Nov 21, 2012
Guest might be closer to elkins the listing where you come from is based off your IP addy. To guest if you havent looked around alot of topix forum posts cross over to other areas topix pages so we are posting in the buckhannon forums
Hey Ass

Buckhannon, WV

#18 Nov 22, 2012
whateva wrote:
hey guest! this is the buckhannon forum! so how about you go back to the elkins dummy. and your location says buckhannon, so your most likely living here too! stfu bull dyke!
It does show in the elkins forum,so how about keeping your ignorance to yourself!

Buckhannon, WV

#19 Nov 22, 2012
Uknown Hinson wrote:
Guest might be closer to elkins the listing where you come from is based off your IP addy. To guest if you havent looked around alot of topix forum posts cross over to other areas topix pages so we are posting in the buckhannon forums
It does show in the Elkins forum but thank you for your input. Unlike other ppl your not a ass!
Shotgun

Buckhannon, WV

#20 Nov 22, 2012
They need to raise there rates because of the city employees that drive city vehicles to there homes out in the county !

Charleston, WV

#21 Nov 23, 2012
The rates are ridiculous already. Two people live in my apartment (no washing machine) and our city utility bill is between $55-$65 each month.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Custard Stand 3 hr SOW 9
Corrupt BOE 20 hr Never Will Change 24
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Sat West Hamlin folk 1,266
Clinton Lee Deem (Mar '14) Sat Amber 14
Looking for an Intelligence perspective Sat In the know 6
Richard Debias Sat IntheKnow 34
tvrj Sat Elkwv 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elkins Mortgages