Delegate candidates discuss prison overcrowding

Apr 27, 2012 Full story: The Inter-Mountain 28

House of Delegates candidates discussed the problem of prison overcrowding during The Inter-Mountain's candidate forum Thursday evening at Elkins High School.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stfu

Johnstown, PA

#21 Jul 7, 2012
what a moron, make all drugs legal but shoot baby rapist and drunk drivers a true american freaking moron, try to sound intelligent in another post because you stupid ass is definetely not smarter than a second grader....fuckannon wv no wonder your so damb dume
tired of it all

Buckhannon, WV

#22 Jul 8, 2012
Bug Ridge wrote:
Death penalty needs to be put back into full swing ... We've got too many serious criminals walking about freely & destroying good neighborhoods because of prison & court system problems. All we law abiding citizens can do is properly prepare ourselves & by God " stand your ground " take them down before they do you
AMEN
tired of it all

Buckhannon, WV

#23 Jul 8, 2012
Billinthehills wrote:
We also have alot locked up for trivial things like back child support and marijuana possesion. It is a sad system we have when a guy busted with a bag of weed gets more time then a baby raper.....but it happens.
Well, I have to say this.......... If you had them, you should support them. If society has to do it, then we should get something out of you. YOUR ASS IN JAIL>

What a dumb ass
Justinforavisit

Elkins, WV

#24 Jul 14, 2012
Prisons should be prisons. Perhaps if it was an actual punishment instead of a way to get everything you want there wouldn't be so many wanting to get there, thus solving the overpopulation problem.
Justinforavisit

Elkins, WV

#25 Jul 14, 2012
Just saying
WTF

Brooklyn, NY

#26 Jul 19, 2012
I read this forum and unless im stupid or misread, its saying that the reason people do drugs or go to prison is because they do drugs. I am a recovering addict and i also did several years in prison. I have met Drs Lawyers and very educated people who do drugs. It does not discriminate. I always tell people dont criticize addicts cause the karma of it always hits home. Until someone is ready to quit, they wont. Not because if jail, and not because they love u. The political people dont understand. Im sure they are smart enough to know a diploma isnt going to do it.
WTF

Brooklyn, NY

#27 Jul 19, 2012
Justinforavisit wrote:
Just saying
I agree. Its alot easier in there than out here especially if u r an addict. You dont pay bills, you get shelter and fed and you are clean ( in some prisons) so u can actually laugh and as i say wake up instead of just come to. Its not all that bad except for being seperated from loved ones
LewisCountyKyBra rHopper

Morehead, KY

#28 Jul 26, 2012
backpacker wrote:
That is funny that all is legal ( alcohol,tobacco, prescription drugs) are what's killing our society. Hell more people die from eatinhg aspirin or peanuts then frm pot.
435000 died from tobacco
85000. Died from alcohol
32000. Died from prescription drugs
7200. Died from aspirin
100. Died from peanuts.
0. Died from pot
So explain to me why something so bad as the top 3 are legal????? Yet pot that has been known to CURE cancer and killed nobody is EVIL....... I am waiting
I hate to think you really don't know but just in case, here goes. Because a bunch of drunken, red-faced, slobbering drunk legislators can't make money off what you can grow in your own backyard. Until they figure out a way to make as much off the herb as they do off of alcohol taxes the abused children, beaten wives, and carnage on the highways will continue. By the way, I'm a 50 year old white conservative male making low 6 figures that has never been arrested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
911 Center/Phil Hart 4 hr really26241 9
Wilfong 5 hr Head Job 10
Northwest Hardwoods 6 hr Slick Willy 5
Truth and consequences Thu onodos 72
Buckhannon man charged with sexual assault Jan 27 uhavenoidea 2
Amanda Jan 26 farmerbrown 4
Lexy's Bar (May '14) Jan 21 Kosmo 7
Elkins Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elkins People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:59 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:59PM
Tommy Mason, No. 1 overall pick in 1961, passes away
Bleacher Report 6:12 PM
5 Mistakes Steelers Can't Repeat in Offseason
Bleacher Report 7:51 PM
How Redskins Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report 3:57 AM
Redskins Miss out on Opportunity in DC Search
Bleacher Report 7:00 AM
How Long Should Leash Be for the Current 'Skins Regime?