Firefighters Battle 2-Alarm Day Care Center Blaze

Philadelphia firefighters battled a blaze in a day care in the city's East Oak Lane section Monday afternoon. Full Story
abused teach

Wynnewood, PA

#1 Mar 24, 2008
As most teachers with any experience know, the climate of any particular building is set by the principal. When she or he is intelligent, friendly, respectful, has integrity and even is demanding, most often the professional and non-professional staff will follow with honest and diligent performance.

We know that in every school there are staff who could do more or perhaps are trying to get by or take advantage of "the system". The administration in those settings has the tools to address those situations if they choose to.

However, if the principal is demanding but is lacking intelligence, friendliness, respect or integrity, she or he will have a staff who does the job but is not happy with the environment. In those situations, the principal may become a tyrant who get results by pressure. Teachers, wary about their jobs, don't speak out. If they do, they become targets for removal from the school by discipline or intimidation. We call that "teacher abuse."

If you are in a school with a tyrannical principal, you know one or more stories of staff who have voluntarily transferred, been forced out of the building or quit the job to escape this abuse.

We are working with the National Association for the Prevention of Teacher Abuse (a non-profit organization) and its website EndTeacherAbuse.org to form a local chapter for mutual support and to speak out about teacher abuse.

If you would like to know more, attend a planning meeting at the Joseph E. Coleman, Northwest Regional Library on Sunday, March 30, 2008, 1:30 to 3 p.m. in the Community Meeting Room. The library is located at the corner of Greene Street and W. Chelten Avenue in central Germantown. There is plenty of available parking. The meeting is open to interested teachers, secretaries, custodians, parents and students.The general public is invited as well. Please join us! We will be teleconferencing with Joseph & Jo Blase who wrote BREAKING THE SILENCE..CHECK THIS BOOK OUT. iT IS SCARY!

oh my lands

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Mar 24, 2008
don't let this get out, all sorts of kids will get ideas in der heeds
dick enballs

Eden Prairie, MN

#3 Mar 25, 2008
Kids playing with matches is be bad dowg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkins Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Assignment Desk Editor - About NBC 10 News Stor... (Feb '08) 22 hr John Weissman 13
eagles 23 hr eagles fan 1
My painful journey Wed yodiddy 3
Can anyone help with my pain Wed yodiddy 3
Drain Cleaning in Philadelphia by Zoom Drain & ... Wed Gerald Vonberger 1
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Oct 20 Bobster II 463
street prostitute areas in Philadelphia (Dec '13) Oct 19 Jimmy 6

Elkins Park News Video

Elkins Park Dating
Find my Match

Elkins Park Jobs

Elkins Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elkins Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elkins Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]