Paper: Off-Duty Elkin Police Officer Charged with DWI

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

An off-duty police officer in Surry County is facing DWI charges, according to the Winston-Salem Journal.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Apr 24, 2010
djw792

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

why not tell what his BAC was? if it were you or I they would have our photo and BAC listed as if you killed someone. police are no better than you or I when it comes to breaking the law. post his picture like the criminal he is.
adrock

Summerfield, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

wow,,,dwi on a motorcycle. Talk about a death wish
Robert High Point

Amory, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

Sounds like a paid vacation to me.
Not taking up for him but

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

Wrong is wrong, he has been charged and will most likely lose his job and career. He is a grown man and knew better than most because of his job. However, hundreds of people are arrested every week for DWI and their picturs and BAC are not posted on the news, why should his be? Better yet why is this even a story there are numerous wreckes involving DWI drivers that don't make the news what makes his special. Only because he is a police officer, he was off duty so that makes him a regular "joe". No need to even have reported this FOX 8. If he had been on duty then by all means blow the story up.
baisden

Burlington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

Okay why suspended with pay he committed acrime and should be suspened without pay until he goes to court and is convicted DUI is cut and dry either you are drunk or you not breathilizer is proof
aaa

Varnville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

thats the way it is , give them a badge and they think they are above the law
rdh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

aaa wrote:
thats the way it is , give them a badge and they think they are above the law
I agree with you !!!!!!!!!!
xxxx

Pilot Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

this is my brother. he knows he goofed up. we knew hed screw up again at sometime or another. but he aint the only cop round here drinkin all the time. im not gonna go on a fuckin preach 2 all the idiotic ppl on here how he's human. he makes dumb mistakes. big ones i know. idfc. hell the world needs 2 blow up & kill us all. ill b happy 2 chat with anyone else on this issue who would like 2. im not goin into lots of detail on this thing. so contact me if u wish. im 16. but i have many things 2 say. btw im nice. so dont come & b a bitch cause tht just shows u need 2 learn respect. so contact me. xxkayla.katastrophexx@yahoo.co m
duke 84

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Judged:

kayla, little girl you need help. you don't even know where you live. wonder if your grandma would be proud to see what you have posted.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elkin Discussions

Search the Elkin Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 min Rube Walker 56,503
Jonesville Music Thread Jul 21 Musikologist 3
Review: Revival Pain Management (May '13) Jul 18 Mike C 8
hot guy looking 4 fun (Dec '12) Mar '14 Really 5
How clean is your water in Elkin? Mar '14 PBryant 1
starmount memorial painted (Sep '13) Dec '13 Bucking elks 4
Jonesville begins ABC store discussions (Dec '13) Dec '13 Wow 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Elkin Jobs

•••