Questionable tale - Kitten rescuer charged with animal cruelty

Full story: Free Republic
Police say evidence is that cats weren't killed as she says. HICKORY The woman who claims that she saved a kitten thrown from an SUV onto U.S. 321 on June 13 was charged with animal cruelty yesterday. Read more
MuffinMom703

Taylorsville, NC

#1 Jul 4, 2008
She was charged but the police have not revealed any facts that would make one believe she is guilty. I personally believe she is innocent and her reputation has been damaged due to this. She was asked by the Humane Society to go public with what she had witnessed. The paper reported the police tried in vain to find the perpetrator, so, of course, since they couldn't find one, she must be it. ridiculous. Give us evidence or leave her alone.
dang

Hickory, NC

#2 Jul 5, 2008
MuffinMom703 wrote:
She was charged but the police have not revealed any facts that would make one believe she is guilty. I personally believe she is innocent and her reputation has been damaged due to this. She was asked by the Humane Society to go public with what she had witnessed. The paper reported the police tried in vain to find the perpetrator, so, of course, since they couldn't find one, she must be it. ridiculous. Give us evidence or leave her alone.
I didn't believe her from the start. Why would a man pick such a highly traveled road in the middle of the day to dump the kittens? The whole story just doesn't sound right. I think she just made a laughing stock of the Humane Society. If she is innocent, I hope they prove it , but I highly doubt it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chatham Woods Senior Apts: A Nightmare On Elm S... Mar 21 TITO 6
How clean is your water in Elkin? (Mar '14) Mar 21 Dioxin 3
Review: Revival Pain Management (May '13) Feb 25 Revival clinic a ... 9
News READER TRAVELOGUE: Science teachers, families e... (Jan '08) Dec '14 Amazing Dan 2
Jonesville Music Thread (Apr '14) Nov '14 Musikologist 4
News Jonesville Police Report Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 3
News Memories brought to life Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 2
Elkin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elkin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]