Fibrowatt to place third plant in Montgomery

Feb 18, 2009 | Posted by: rjmolesa | Full story: www.mtairynews.com

Fibrowatt LLC announced recently it has chosen the final of three sites it plans to build in North Carolina, where poultry litter will be used to generate electricity.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Conerned Citizen

West Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

Fibrowatt...the foreign company coming to pollute our air. They have not informed the public of their intention of building a 350' smokestack on the beautiful Yadkin River that will emit more pollution than a coal-fired plant! What will that do for our air-quality??? Not to mention the tourism industry. In truth there is not enough chicken litter to go around to all the crop farms. In addition to the current litter being used for fertilizer farmers are still having to purchase man-made fertilizer. So where is all the "excess" Fibrowatt is going to burn? What about all the ash left over? Fibrowatt is planning to use that in addition to Nitrogen (purchased from outside the U.S.) to make fertilizer. Where is this going to be distributed? Why one of their own representatives stated that is would be re-distributed within a 50 mile radius to the same area they stated had too many nutrients!! So, if we have too many nutrients and Fibrowatt is going to burn them for us (releasing pollution into our air), buy foreign nitrogen supplies and add to the ash, then sale the local farmers their man-made fertilizer, where has that gotten the local farmers and economy? It has raised the cost of crop farming, due to having sell the natural fertilizer for far less than the Fibrowatt fertilizer is going to be sold for! Yes, they may be brining in 50 or so jobs, but are those few jobs worth our health and our children's health and our grandchildren's health? What about those families that moved to the area due to air-quality related illnesses that will be displaced from their homes when Fibrowatt fires up their incinerator? Will the local farmers that use the natural chicken litter even be able to afford to continue farming? How many of them are going to go bankrupt and unemployed?
Did I mention that Fibrowatt is not even an American owned company? If memory serves me, the company is owned by a British gentleman.
So who's pockets are being "lined" on this deal?
Concerned Citizen

West Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

Sorry about the typo!
joe

Walkertown, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Why don't you surry county people shut up and be happy that jobs are coming to your area. The company will have to pay more taxes than you therefore your tax rates will not increase. so just Shut-up and be happy.
Realistic Reader

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Joe,

I bet you're kin to Charles Boles. I know, why they put it in your backyard.
lakeman

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

Where will the plant be located in Troy? Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elkin Discussions

Search the Elkin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 hr State of Florida 54,883
Review: Revival Pain Management (May '13) Jun 28 FinLly some relief 7
Jonesville Music Thread May '14 Musikologist 2
hot guy looking 4 fun (Dec '12) Mar '14 Really 5
How clean is your water in Elkin? Mar '14 PBryant 1
starmount memorial painted (Sep '13) Dec '13 Bucking elks 4
Jonesville begins ABC store discussions (Dec '13) Dec '13 Wow 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Elkin Jobs

•••