justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40684 Jun 25, 2013
TSF wrote:
A little levity helps me tolerate the constant negative news . I am really ok with the few republicans who are honest . Its the same for the few remaining honest democrats. My hostility is directed at the dishonest republikans because I see little push back against their blatant government for sale and constant impediments to a functioning governance. As I have stated before, my attacks on the corruption of republikans does not constitute an endorsement of democrat corruption. I know that is hard for partisans to understand. I really see no hope for either party. I pray for the emergence of a new political party with the intelligence and will to deal with our considerable problems.
<quoted text>
No "dishonest" Democrats to share your ire? How convenient. You would carry more weight if you said Edwards was just a crappy Democrat. NOOO, you have to try an say he's a "closet Republican". Both sides are guilty and you know it.
Waco 1909

Greenville, SC

#40685 Jun 25, 2013
Whatever happened to Randolph Scott??
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#40686 Jun 25, 2013
Waco 1909 wrote:
Whatever happened to Randolph Scott??
Why do you ask?
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40687 Jun 26, 2013
You have no way of knowing if your statement is true or not. As I mentioned earlier, a non profit organization of which I am an officer, had our tax exempt status cancelled by the IRS for seemingly frivolous reasons. We definitely are not a conservative organization. Only after submitting 42 pages of information was the tax exempt status restored. It was burdensome and irritating but I did not suspect a conservative conspiracy . Non profit corporations are where much mischief and fraud is hidden. The IRS is charged with the duty of finding that. That is their job.
The conspiracy screaming ninnies need to get a grip.
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Still can't think for yourself? NONE OF THE LEFT WING GROUPS HAD THEIR APPROVALS HELD UP OR DENIED!!! CAN'T YOU READ???
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40688 Jun 26, 2013
I think Edwards is just a crappy person, period. But like Mark Sanford and Jim Baker, he has expressed remorse. That makes it ok. Ha, just joking. Anyway, he is human, and I would hate to be publically pilloried for mistakes that I have made I thought I said I did not endorse dishonest democrats.
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>No "dishonest" Democrats to share your ire? How convenient. You would carry more weight if you said Edwards was just a crappy Democrat. NOOO, you have to try an say he's a "closet Republican". Both sides are guilty and you know it.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40689 Jun 26, 2013
Yes most politicians are corrupt. That is why our government has become dysfunctional. That is why our finances are a wreck. We and the politicians pretend that they will serve , but we all know they will only feather their own nests.
I am registered unaffiliated because I have basic philosophical differences with both parties. I find it impossible to justify labeling myself with the limited stereotypes of "democrat" , "republican" , conservative or liberal. The neocons (republikans) think I am a liberal because I disagree with them on certain points and will not ignore corruption. The la de da s (democrats) think I am a gun toting tea party because I cannot buy into unrealistic perspectives like gun control, abortion etc. Both sides claim that if you are not with us, you are against us. I am for the USA. To hell with parties.
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>Damn, I think the ole' boy finally gets it, POLITICIANS are corrupt. Hence my lack of "party affiliation".
Waco 1909

Greenville, SC

#40690 Jun 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
You have no way of knowing if your statement is true or not. As I mentioned earlier, a non profit organization of which I am an officer, had our tax exempt status cancelled by the IRS for seemingly frivolous reasons. We definitely are not a conservative organization. Only after submitting 42 pages of information was the tax exempt status restored. It was burdensome and irritating but I did not suspect a conservative conspiracy . Non profit corporations are where much mischief and fraud is hidden. The IRS is charged with the duty of finding that. That is their job.
The conspiracy screaming ninnies need to get a grip.
<quoted text>
v Organizations that the administration disapproved of were denied and held up. Trust me on this, would be all over the news if lefty orgs had been denied and held up like conservative ones were. I say again, the number of conservative groups that were subjected to this far exceeded the number of left wing groups. Looks like conspiracy to me, and like I said, I voted for the guy.
Waco 1909

Greenville, SC

#40691 Jun 26, 2013
TSF the best thing we as Americans can do is to hold both parties responsible for their actions, EVEN IF WE ARE MEMBERS OF THAT PARTY!! The way things are going now, with the extreme factionalism currently in vogue, a President guilty of the crimes that Nixon engaged in, simply would not be subjected to impeachment. Party first, country last.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#40692 Jun 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
Yes most politicians are corrupt. That is why our government has become dysfunctional. That is why our finances are a wreck. We and the politicians pretend that they will serve , but we all know they will only feather their own nests.
I am registered unaffiliated because I have basic philosophical differences with both parties. I find it impossible to justify labeling myself with the limited stereotypes of "democrat" , "republican" , conservative or liberal. The neocons (republikans) think I am a liberal because I disagree with them on certain points and will not ignore corruption. The la de da s (democrats) think I am a gun toting tea party because I cannot buy into unrealistic perspectives like gun control, abortion etc. Both sides claim that if you are not with us, you are against us. I am for the USA. To hell with parties.
<quoted text>
Our government is dysfunctional and our finances are a wreck because the people have discovered that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. Finally, the money runs out and we begin printing it. Our problems are just beginning.
Waco 1909

Greenville, SC

#40693 Jun 26, 2013
Plainly, the the Piper will have to be paid. While we bankrupt ourselves, we send our money to China to build a huge new modern military. Mathematics does not lie.
Waco 1909

Greenville, SC

#40694 Jun 26, 2013
Political correctness, the new scourge.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#40695 Jun 26, 2013
1 down, 100 million more to go!

http://youtu.be/n_YQ8560E1w
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40696 Jun 26, 2013
You are right. The money printing devalues the dollar every day. Money that I worked for years ago , paid taxes on and saved isn't worth even 10% of what it was when I banked it. I fear it will come to a value situation described to me by an older German who said that after WWII, burning the Reich marks would produce more heat than the firewood they would buy.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>Our government is dysfunctional and our finances are a wreck because the people have discovered that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. Finally, the money runs out and we begin printing it. Our problems are just beginning.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40697 Jun 26, 2013
He is FOS. The prisons are full of young black men because of democrats? BS. Could it possibly be because they committed crimes? Republikans will try anything.
Pro-American wrote:
1 down, 100 million more to go!
http://youtu.be/n_YQ8560E1w
Waco 1909

Ocala, FL

#40698 Jun 26, 2013
You can't have two standards for achievement. You can't say that a white person has to score a 90 on a test, and then say a black person only has to score 75 to equal that score of 90. Are not black people just as smart??
Waco 1909

Sweetwater, TN

#40699 Jun 26, 2013
If I had been expected to make"D"s in school, then that is exactly what I would have done.
Waco 1909

Sweetwater, TN

#40700 Jun 26, 2013
Why are so many blacks in the pen?? Their culture celebrates athletes, entertainers, and gangsters as people to emulate. Most people don't have the talent to be entertainers or sports stars. But, everybody has enough talent to be a gangster. White kids who think they are black gangsters are especially pathetic.
TSF

Wilson, NC

#40701 Jun 26, 2013
The grade inflation for blacks done by some school administrators is detrimental for blacks. Lowering standards for blacks is detrimental to blacks. What that says is that they cannot achieve on their own without help. That is a lie It harms the subject individual by not demanding performance and by often making the individual himself believe that they cannot achieve without help.
Waco 1909

Spruce Pine, NC

#40702 Jun 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
The grade inflation for blacks done by some school administrators is detrimental for blacks. Lowering standards for blacks is detrimental to blacks. What that says is that they cannot achieve on their own without help. That is a lie It harms the subject individual by not demanding performance and by often making the individual himself believe that they cannot achieve without help.
That's your best post. Succinct, well put. I agree.
Waco 1909

Spruce Pine, NC

#40703 Jun 26, 2013
Several months ago there was an argument on this forum. Regarding gay marriage. Looks like the Supreme Court has settled the argument, no matter which way people may have felt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
READER TRAVELOGUE: Science teachers, families e... (Jan '08) Dec 16 Amazing Dan 2
How clean is your water in Elkin? (Mar '14) Dec 7 junglejimk 2
Jonesville Music Thread (Apr '14) Nov '14 Musikologist 4
Jonesville Police Report Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 3
Memories brought to life Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 2
Not so hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Hot! Hot! Hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Elkin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elkin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elkin News, Events & Info