Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Elkin Forum

Comments (Page 1,961)

Showing posts 39,201 - 39,220 of49,408
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Cortez wrote:
<quoted text>Damn bitch, you are one ugly MF! You need to change your nasty looking moniker picture before some innocent elderly person sees it and drops dead of a heart attack, not to mention scaring the children that have the misfortune of seeing it. I can't believe Topix hasn't flagged that grotesque abomination.
. Who said that was my picture? If you're looking for boyfriends try a gay forum. The picture is simply an avatar. I didn't think posting my real picture would be advisable, due to perverts like you.
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

If you can afford $26,000 dollars to be a member but still be considered by the governor and his friends as a sub class Unser mensch, more power to you.
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>. Sounds like a good deal to me ace. I'm going to contribute a few dollars myself. Not much, my new job here won't make me rich, but some.
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

I don't drive on the I77 strip that would contain the toll road. Its closer and quicker for me to take US 321 to I 85. The whole story is that republikans are finding more and more ways to raise taxes . You voted for them, you deserve them. Send them extra money if you want. They need it so they can give more tax breaks to lawyers . Help out here friend.
waco1909 wrote:
TSF I'd sure rather pay an extra fifty dollars on my registration fee than pay a toll for years. Toll roads slow traffic, require toll road personnel to be hired, and discourage commercial traffic. Why did you not tell the whole story??
Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

I have sat meeting were the pin heads in our government would throw away millions. Haft a mill on new office furniture that was not needed. 3 quarters of a mill for tools that was not needed. 2.8 mill on equipment that was never used then thrown on the scrap pile. So instead of putting 50 dollars on the registration or tolls let’s make them SOBs do their job. We pay these managers to manage the state we need to hold them to it or fire them.
The freeloaders voting these people in office like them because they get a free ride on our backs.
Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
I don't drive on the I77 strip that would contain the toll road. Its closer and quicker for me to take US 321 to I 85. The whole story is that republikans are finding more and more ways to raise taxes . You voted for them, you deserve them. Send them extra money if you want. They need it so they can give more tax breaks to lawyers . Help out here friend.
<quoted text>
TSF you are a good example of a freeload that puts these people in office.
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Voting rights act struck down by the courts. Now the feds cannot interfere in state elections. This will give republikans a better chance to get those pesky minorities politicians out of office and back into chopping cotton .
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Yes, and that's just the rich freeloaders. We just can no longer afford to allow these rich dandies and baby mommas to leach off the rest of us. Little Patrick McHenry spent millions of tax payer dollars refurbishing his office and then voted to cut grannys social security.
Taxpayer wrote:
I have sat meeting were the pin heads in our government would throw away millions. Haft a mill on new office furniture that was not needed. 3 quarters of a mill for tools that was not needed. 2.8 mill on equipment that was never used then thrown on the scrap pile. So instead of putting 50 dollars on the registration or tolls let’s make them SOBs do their job. We pay these managers to manage the state we need to hold them to it or fire them.
The freeloaders voting these people in office like them because they get a free ride on our backs.
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Wrong. I have paid out the yen yang in taxes over the years. I have probably paid more in taxes than your total lifetime earnings
before taxes. So don't hand me that . I want to cut out ALL welfare to the rich and poor. The only differenc is, I want to start by cutting the most expensive deadbeats first, the rich.
The sense of entitlement is more deeply imbedded in the minds of the pampered rich than in any baby momma queen you could find.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF you are a good example of a freeload that puts these people in office.
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Thanks for this correction. It is worse than I thought. The republikans are increasing your registration taxes by 268%. But since they are republikans , you think it is ok because paying 268% more taxes on registration is better than a sharp stick in the eye. Who can argue with that? The republikan attack on NC education has been very effective.
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"N.C. Rep. Robert Brawley of Mooresville is proposing a $50 increase in the cost of an annual vehicle registration in North Carolina as a way to increase highway funds – thereby generating enough money to widen I-77 without adding toll lanes.
Brawley told the Tribune that increasing the standard license tag renewal fee from $28 to $78 would create an additional half-billion dollars a year for road construction.
“Tolls are not the answer,” he said.“This is a better solution.”
Vallee Bubak, spokesperson for WidenNC.org , a citizens group that opposes high-occupancy toll lanes on I-77 but advocates the adding of general-purpose lanes, applauded Brawley’s proposal.
“It’s a logical way to fund the widening of our highways without resorting to toll lanes,” she said.“Everyone needs to know that the state plan is to build toll roads, and that I-77 is just the next step before moving to other corridors.”
Brawley said he isn’t likely to introduce his registration fee hike plan as a bill because the legislative session is about to end. Instead, he said,“I want the people who are negotiating the (state) budget to consider this during their negotiations.”
That’s a long shot, however, since the budget appears to be just days away from approval by the senate. A bill that would essentially pave the way for toll lanes on I-77 looks to be on track for approval, too, said N.C. Sen. David Curtis of Denver, whose district includes Iredell." So you have a problem paying once, instead of every time you use I-77? Again, a half truth, tell the entire story don't leave people to think it's just another tax.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Yes, and that's just the rich freeloaders. We just can no longer afford to allow these rich dandies and baby mommas to leach off the rest of us. Little Patrick McHenry spent millions of tax payer dollars refurbishing his office and then voted to cut grannys social security.
<quoted text>
Please provide the documentation for your rant, T.. Millions of dollars to redecorate a congressman's office? You are a laughable fool!
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
If you can afford $26,000 dollars to be a member but still be considered by the governor and his friends as a sub class Unser mensch, more power to you.
<quoted text>
"Member"?
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh, I see, you don't drive the highway therefore you shouldn't have to contribute? I guess you should not be allow to use the products that are delivered on the highway you don't use, right? You only use Democrat highways? BTW, wasn't your lawyer buddy John Edwards a Democrat? He got a lot of tax breaks and contributions as well, didn't he?
Waco 1909

Marshall, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
You're doing a good job of not listening. I made the mistake of voting for Obama. My reward has been scandal after scandal. A President totally out of touch.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Speaking of out of touch, maybe he could look around the globe and convince his buddies to drop their coal usage.
Coal Statistics
Coal provides 30.3% of global primary energy needs and generates 42% of the world's electricity

In 2011 coal was the fastest growing form of energy outside renewables. Its share in global primary energy consumption increased to 30.3%- the highest since 1969.

Total Global Coal Production (including hard coal and lignite)

7678Mt (2011e)
7201Mt (2010)
4677 (1990)

Top Ten Coal Producers (2011e)
PR China 3471Mt Russia 334Mt
USA 1004Mt South Africa 253Mt
India 585Mt Germany 189Mt
Australia 414Mt Poland 139Mt
Indonesia 376Mt Kazakhstan 117Mt
Bet he doesn't get far with Putin. I know, he wants to lead the way, I wonder what would be said if George Bush tried it.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Coal is a variety of solid, combustible, sedimentary, organic rocks that are composed mainly of carbon and varying amounts of other components such as hydrogen, oxygen, sulphur and moisture. Coal is formed from vegetation that has been consolidated between other rock strata and altered by the combined effects of pressure and heat over millions of years. Many different classifications of coal are used around the world, reflecting a broad range of ages, compositions and properties.

Coal currently provides 40% of the world’s electricity needs. It is the second source of primary energy in the world after oil, and the first source of electricity generation. Since the beginning of the 21st century, it has been the fastest-growing global energy source. The last decade’s growth in coal use has been driven by the economic growth of developing economies, mainly China. Irrespective of its economic benefits for the countries, the environmental impact of coal use, especially that coming from carbon dioxide emissions, should not be overlooked. Despite positive efforts to build more efficient plants, to retrofit old plants and to decommission the oldest, least efficient ones, the current pace is far from what is needed. Carbon capture and storage (CCS) is the most promising technology to reach near-zero CO2 emissions from large CO2 sources. Although it is developing it is far from the required deployment-level to keep CO2 emissions at acceptable levels.

Coal use has never stopped increasing and the forecasts indicate that, unless a dramatic policy action occurs, this trend will continue in the future. If this happens, then the IEA believes greater efforts are needed by governments and industry to embrace cleaner and more efficient technologies to ensure that coal becomes a much cleaner source of energy in the decades to come. In the United States, with low prices of both coal and gas and where enough coal and gas capacity exists, changes in relative prices of gas and coal give rise to switching from coal to gas or viceversa in the generation mix. But price is not the only factor determining how much gas and coal is used in power generation. The publication Gas to Coal Competition in the US Power Sector provides useful insights to understand what have occurred and to project the future coal and gas demand.

On coal-related matters, the IEA established and takes advice from its Coal Industry Advisory Board.
http://www.iea.org/topics/coal/
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Yep. We are worried about the scandal of the IRS targeting tax dodgers? That is what the IRS is SUPPOSED TO DO. But republikans raising taxes on everything and everyone in NC except the rich is ok with you I suppose? Republikans are sooo frugal but they spend 70 million dollars worrying themselves into conniptions about old Bill's BJ. Two faced lying SOBs , every one of them.
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You're doing a good job of not listening. I made the mistake of voting for Obama. My reward has been scandal after scandal. A President totally out of touch.
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Lets see here. My car burns gasoline, my truck burns diesel. There is a high tax on every gallon of fuel that pays for NC highway construction. So exactly how do you think I am escaping paying my share for road use. I think John Edwards is a closet republican who registered as a democrat. What you don't seem to understand is that party affiliation does in no way excuse corruption
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>Ohhhh, I see, you don't drive the highway therefore you shouldn't have to contribute? I guess you should not be allow to use the products that are delivered on the highway you don't use, right? You only use Democrat highways? BTW, wasn't your lawyer buddy John Edwards a Democrat? He got a lot of tax breaks and contributions as well, didn't he?
Waco 1909

Kodak, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

TSF wrote:
Yep. We are worried about the scandal of the IRS targeting tax dodgers? That is what the IRS is SUPPOSED TO DO. But republikans raising taxes on everything and everyone in NC except the rich is ok with you I suppose? Republikans are sooo frugal but they spend 70 million dollars worrying themselves into conniptions about old Bill's BJ. Two faced lying SOBs , every one of them.
<quoted text>
Funny how they didn't target any lefty tax dodgers. Oh, but you're fine as long as they only target those you disagree with. Right? You're beginning to sound like a Nazi brown shirt. That's why you put that"K" in Republican? Ha!!
TSF

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

I put the k in republican because they ARE neoconazis.

Washington (CNN)-- The Internal Revenue Service targeted liberal groups as well as conservatives seeking tax-exempt status, a Democratic congressman charged on Monday after the agency acknowledged the inappropriate practice continued until last month.

Rep. Sander Levin said the term "progressives" was included on IRS screening lists of applicants for tax-exempt status made available to Congress on Monday.

It was the first confirmation that the "Be on the Lookout" or BOLO lists used criteria targeting liberal groups after an inspector general's report made public last month said the IRS had used words such as "tea party" to determine possible extra scrutiny.

Earlier, the first substantive review of the controversy by the IRS showed the agency used multiple lists of inappropriate criteria in assessing tax-exempt applications up until this month, more than a year later than previously revealed.

Daniel Werfel, the IRS acting commissioner, provided no details of what inappropriate criteria were on the lists, but said "there was a wide-ranging set of categories and cases that spanned a broad spectrum."
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Funny how they didn't target any lefty tax dodgers. Oh, but you're fine as long as they only target those you disagree with. Right? You're beginning to sound like a Nazi brown shirt. That's why you put that"K" in Republican? Ha!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,201 - 39,220 of49,408
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elkin Discussions

Search the Elkin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jonesville Music Thread Apr 11 Musikologist 1
hot guy looking 4 fun (Dec '12) Mar '14 Really 5
How clean is your water in Elkin? Mar '14 PBryant 1
starmount memorial painted (Sep '13) Dec '13 Bucking elks 4
Jonesville begins ABC store discussions Dec '13 Wow 1
Review: Revival Pain Management (May '13) Dec '13 in pain 5
Surry County Murder / May, 1996 (Dec '05) Nov '13 todd 7
•••
•••