Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Elkin Forum

Comments (Page 1,709)

Showing posts 34,161 - 34,180 of49,258
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
I see GOD in everything, Mike sees GOD in nothing.Mike doesn't believe in the existence of anything greater than himself, in point of fact Mike Duquette worships himself in a puerile act of meaningless egomania.I have no trouble with Mike's atheistic beliefs, on the other hand, Mike constantly attacks those of us who choose to believe.Mike is threatened by our faith, his constant attacks on faith show his basic insecurity.
Science sees god in nothing also. Just pointing out the utter lack of evidence of a god.
I take it you are figuring out the lack of evidence of a god, so you run from the debate.

I am treatened by what the religious right does. They are losing power slowly in America, yet they do still have some power as we found on ammendment one.

Your support for god and religion is support for the religous right, whether you realize this or not. This is why I challenge your beliefs.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
I see GOD in everything, Mike sees GOD in nothing.Mike doesn't believe in the existence of anything greater than himself, in point of fact Mike Duquette worships himself in a puerile act of meaningless egomania.I have no trouble with Mike's atheistic beliefs, on the other hand, Mike constantly attacks those of us who choose to believe.Mike is threatened by our faith, his constant attacks on faith show his basic insecurity.
Mike was born a puss and just grew bigger. He solidified his hall of fame spot the moment he handed the $20 bucks over without a fight.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Waco, you insult on a regular basis. Hypocrite.
Mike, bullshit.I only use insults to respond to your own insults.The tone of my question to you regarding Uganda was neither insulting nor sarcastic.Read your response, dripping in sarcasm and insult.I give, exactly what I get Mr.Duquette.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike your high opinion of yourself as a"debater"is based in fantasy.I was waiting to give my opinion on the Uganda situation until after I had read your own opinion.I was disappointed at your typical knee jerk response, once again.You attempt to slant every situation to fit into your own narrow world view.For what its worth, I strongly support the separation of church and state.I find the Uganda situation deplorable.
If you had any balls as a debater, you would have not waited for my opinion. Again, did you really expect me to have any other opinion on the matter than what I said?
I am very vocal and open on my opinions of church and state, unlike yourself. I will debate it with anyone here, unlike yourself. I will debate any issue of religion, unlike yourself.
See the stark contrast?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike was born a puss and just grew bigger. He solidified his hall of fame spot the moment he handed the $20 bucks over without a fight.
You run from debates just like Waco, and no one is even holding a gun to your head. What a chicken shit you are.
Now go run from America.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Science sees god in nothing also. Just pointing out the utter lack of evidence of a god.
I take it you are figuring out the lack of evidence of a god, so you run from the debate.
I am treatened by what the religious right does. They are losing power slowly in America, yet they do still have some power as we found on ammendment one.
Your support for god and religion is support for the religous right, whether you realize this or not. This is why I challenge your beliefs.
Oddly enough, many"scientists"beli eve in GOD.I support GOD, Mike.Not religion.My opinion of the"religious right"I believe is apparent in my strong support of the separation of church and state.I'd also like to point out the danger of categorizing whole groups of people.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike, bullshit.I only use insults to respond to your own insults.The tone of my question to you regarding Uganda was neither insulting nor sarcastic.Read your response, dripping in sarcasm and insult.I give, exactly what I get Mr.Duquette.
Your question was not specific, as with most all of your questions. Learn to articulate or be treated like an idiot. It takes more than good spelling to articulate well.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike your high opinion of yourself as a"debater"is based in fantasy.I was waiting to give my opinion on the Uganda situation until after I had read your own opinion.I was disappointed at your typical knee jerk response, once again.You attempt to slant every situation to fit into your own narrow world view.For what its worth, I strongly support the separation of church and state.I find the Uganda situation deplorable.
Do you thing god should be taken out of the pledge of allegiance?

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>If you had any balls as a debater, you would have not waited for my opinion. Again, did you really expect me to have any other opinion on the matter than what I said?
I am very vocal and open on my opinions of church and state, unlike yourself. I will debate it with anyone here, unlike yourself. I will debate any issue of religion, unlike yourself.
See the stark contrast?
To be honest, I really thought you might have something fresh on the subject.I was wrong.I have stated my opinions on church and state repeatedly here.I'm ready for an actual exchange of ideas.You on the other hand, only engage in self-congratulatory artifice.That's pretty stark, Mr.Duquette.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Oddly enough, many"scientists"beli eve in GOD.I support GOD, Mike.Not religion.My opinion of the"religious right"I believe is apparent in my strong support of the separation of church and state.I'd also like to point out the danger of categorizing whole groups of people.
Believing in god is quite different than having evidence of a god. No scientist has evidence of a god.
It is expected that even scientist would believe in a god, as humans instinctively follow the ideals of their parents. Traditions are hard to break even in light of the contradictions.
The overwhelming majority of scientists do not believe in god. Typically this all depends on the field of science one is in and his upbringing.

You claim to support god, but all gods are of religion. Did you invent your own god?

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Your question was not specific, as with most all of your questions. Learn to articulate or be treated like an idiot. It takes more than good spelling to articulate well.
ONCE again, I overestimated you, assuming you would know what I was referring to.Do I have to treat you like a moron?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>You run from debates just like Waco, and no one is even holding a gun to your head. What a chicken shit you are.
Now go run from America.
You handed the $20 bucks over coward....not me.

My wife and I are leaving on our own free accord because we do not agree with the direction your team is taking our country.

Since I am not in a position to fund a secession, either peacefully or by force, will exercise our freedom to agree to disagree with all things democrat, take our money and go somewhere to live in peace free from your teams taxation.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> To be honest, I really thought you might have something fresh on the subject.I was wrong.I have stated my opinions on church and state repeatedly here.I'm ready for an actual exchange of ideas.You on the other hand, only engage in self-congratulatory artifice.That's pretty stark, Mr.Duquette.
I am not sure what you know, so it is hard to know what you need to be told about the issue.
You questions are still so vague on the issue, I really do not see what you wish to know.
The way I see it, the religion of Christianity has doctrine that says homosexuality is an abomination. So they take it upon themselves to be the police for their mythical god. You support that god, so I think you support that argument they make in ways you evidently do not realize. This is why I object to your beliefs.
You have made statements here in support of the bible. Now I am not sure if you believe the whole bible or just pick and choose randomly what to believe of it. I think it is all questionable.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike you asked if I supported the removal of any reference to GOD in the Pledge of Allegiance.How many times have I commented on my support for the separation of church and state? Do you not get it? The answer is obvious!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> ONCE again, I overestimated you, assuming you would know what I was referring to.Do I have to treat you like a moron?
Yes, you give him too much credit to be able reasonably deduce a simple thought or idea.

Underlying problem with most cock gobblers. Too emotional.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> ONCE again, I overestimated you, assuming you would know what I was referring to.Do I have to treat you like a moron?
Sorry but I cannot read minds. How many times must I say this on this thread before you and your buddies realize it? Articulate your questions or be treated like an idiot.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Believing in god is quite different than having evidence of a god. No scientist has evidence of a god.
It is expected that even scientist would believe in a god, as humans instinctively follow the ideals of their parents. Traditions are hard to break even in light of the contradictions.
The overwhelming majority of scientists do not believe in god. Typically this all depends on the field of science one is in and his upbringing.
You claim to support god, but all gods are of religion. Did you invent your own god?
THE evidence of GOD is all around us, from the perfect orbits of the planets around the sun, to the perfect symmetry of nature, which provides us oxygen and food.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>You run from debates just like Waco, and no one is even holding a gun to your head. What a chicken shit you are.
Now go run from America.
And I dismiss all things you have to say, because I know that a puss like yourself brings absolutely nothing to the table to debate intellectually.

Maybe if I were a homo gay bar manager, we could exchange ideas like queer eye for the straight guy.

I should go smack my damn self for even repeating queer eye for the straight guy.

Brb.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but I cannot read minds. How many times must I say this on this thread before you and your buddies realize it? Articulate your questions or be treated like an idiot.
Giving you credit for intellect was indeed a mistake on my part, I won't repeat it old man.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And I dismiss all things you have to say, because I know that a puss like yourself brings absolutely nothing to the table to debate intellectually.
Maybe if I were a homo gay bar manager, we could exchange ideas like queer eye for the straight guy.
I should go smack my damn self for even repeating queer eye for the straight guy.
Brb.
Thanks for showing evidence yet again you are to chicken to debate me head on. Now go run from America because you cannot handle it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 34,161 - 34,180 of49,258
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elkin Discussions

Search the Elkin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jonesville Music Thread Apr 11 Musikologist 1
hot guy looking 4 fun (Dec '12) Mar 16 Really 5
How clean is your water in Elkin? Mar '14 PBryant 1
starmount memorial painted (Sep '13) Dec '13 Bucking elks 4
Jonesville begins ABC store discussions Dec '13 Wow 1
Review: Revival Pain Management (May '13) Dec '13 in pain 5
Surry County Murder / May, 1996 (Dec '05) Nov '13 todd 7
•••

Freeze Watch for Surry County was issued at April 15 at 11:36PM EDT