Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#35273 Feb 9, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Being mislead has nothing to do with being lazy. The right thing was freedom, the wrong thing was the motive behind it. Even in the days of salvery, a man who owned more slaves was taxed at a much lower rate than those who owned just a few. Go figure.
For most it is. If they are being mislead it is becouse they will not take the time to research. They just go with the Boob tube.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#35275 Feb 9, 2013
TSF wrote:
ATTENTION CALDWELL COUNTY PROPERTY OWNERS
You voted in all republikan commissioners. Thanks suckers. They just raised your taxes an average of 27.9% going by the revaluation notices I received in the mail today. Weird that property would increase almost 28% when the real estate market has devalued the average home by almost that amount. I'll bet $20 against the hole in a doughnut that when you get your tax bill in July they will swear they didn't your raise taxes.
If we did not have people walking in to the county meeting and asking for money it would not have to go up. They are like children in a toy store ( I want! I want! I want!) and no one to say no. They do not care who pay’s. They do own property.
We need to do away with property tax and go to one tax for ALL. One tax for ALL.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#35276 Feb 9, 2013
They do not own Property. Type O

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#35277 Feb 9, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>But yet you are against someone being deported (not "taken out") because they were born outside this country, then moves to this country illegally, thus directly or indirectly posing a threat to this country by causing a major strain on our healthcare system while not helping our economy by not paying any taxes and by working tax free and then sending that money "home"!
Sounds contradicting to me!
Sounds like someone is getting very rich on some cheap labor by bilking the system to me. If nobody hires illegals....nobody comes illlegally. Does that make any sense to you? You place all the blame on the ones who come to survive, yet no blame on the one's who are getting filthy rich in the process.
Omega12

Chicago, IL

#35278 Feb 9, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like someone is getting very rich on some cheap labor by bilking the system to me. If nobody hires illegals....nobody comes illlegally. Does that make any sense to you? You place all the blame on the ones who come to survive, yet no blame on the one's who are getting filthy rich in the process.
One of the more realistic comments posted. Touche.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#35279 Feb 9, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Arnold! I'm getting ready to go for a run! Nice cool weather to run in.

Location hidden

#35280 Feb 9, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Arnold! I'm getting ready to go for a run! Nice cool weather to run in.
I have a Boflex treadmaster and work out station that I use. When the weather breaks into spring, I will do more outdoor activities. Have a great run.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35281 Feb 9, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>But yet you are against someone being deported (not "taken out") because they were born outside this country, then moves to this country illegally, thus directly or indirectly posing a threat to this country by causing a major strain on our healthcare system while not helping our economy by not paying any taxes and by working tax free and then sending that money "home"!
Sounds contradicting to me!
No, I'm not against deportation of those who are here committing crimes or those who choose to traffic drugs. My whole point, this has been allowed for years and by our government. Eleven million, this does not say much for our homeland security.

For the sake of homeland security, Imo we need to document as many as we can and I would find it to be a treasonable act against the American people if our elected officials do not take the necessary steps to do so.

Location hidden

#35282 Feb 9, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't the Republicans been trying to tell you where liberals stand on the gun issues/2nd Amendment? They say one thing during the campaign seasons every time and once elected they change their tune! One day you'll believe that crap actually stinks.
LOL. That is like the Republican Party campaigning against abortion for years and year, and when they control all 3 branches of the Federal government from 2001 to 2006, they didn't even bring abortion up to change in any way. Tell me that doesn't stink!
wondering

Jersey City, NJ

#35283 Feb 9, 2013
is it me or is Arnold & spoon an item
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35284 Feb 9, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
For most it is. If they are being mislead it is becouse they will not take the time to research. They just go with the Boob tube.
Sure, from 1619 to 1865 they were lazy and just went to the boob tube. Now they are just lazy and go to the internet instead of the library. Got it.

Location hidden

#35285 Feb 9, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, from 1619 to 1865 they were lazy and just went to the boob tube. Now they are just lazy and go to the internet instead of the library. Got it.
LOL...Guys like Taxpayer are so harmless. They just sit in their cave all day and bitch. Nothing ever comes of it. "Boob tube" is such an ancient phrase anyhow, isn't it?

Location hidden

#35286 Feb 9, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
It was illegal for a slave to learn to read and write punishable by death. The only way to get Fox News at that time was to accidentally hear it on the Boob tube in the big house. "Masser, Masser, what did O'Reilly just say bout that thing called 'self reliance'?"
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35287 Feb 9, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
I say legalize and tax the crap out of it! If we could get the govt to quit spending money, we could probably pay the debt in no time with the pot tax alone!!!:)
Think about what you're saying. The price of Little Debbie snacks and Doritos would sky rocket:)

Location hidden

#35288 Feb 9, 2013
wondering wrote:
is it me or is Arnold & spoon an item
Maybe so, maybe not. Your little pee brain will just have to figure out the details. Just keep wondering.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35289 Feb 9, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...Guys like Taxpayer are so harmless. They just sit in their cave all day and bitch. Nothing ever comes of it. "Boob tube" is such an ancient phrase anyhow, isn't it?
Lol, Yea I believe "flat screen" is more accepted today.

Location hidden

#35290 Feb 9, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, Yea I believe "flat screen" is more accepted today.
In spite of our disagreements, I do like Taxpayer. I think my appeal is that he is both a flat screener and a flat earther. I haven't met anyone like him since the early part of the 19th Century.

Location hidden

#35291 Feb 9, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about what you're saying. The price of Little Debbie snacks and Doritos would sky rocket:)
Little Debbie and Doritos would have to place armed security in all of their delivery trucks.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#35292 Feb 9, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a Boflex treadmaster and work out station that I use. When the weather breaks into spring, I will do more outdoor activities. Have a great run.
BowFlex TreadClimbers are Awesome! I love a good work out!

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35293 Feb 9, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I was"disagreeing"with your opinion on religion.
Well I do not feel like searching back to see what I said about religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
READER TRAVELOGUE: Science teachers, families e... (Jan '08) Dec 16 Amazing Dan 2
How clean is your water in Elkin? (Mar '14) Dec 7 junglejimk 2
Jonesville Music Thread (Apr '14) Nov '14 Musikologist 4
Jonesville Police Report Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 3
Memories brought to life Oct '14 Ace Mcmillan 2
Not so hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Hot! Hot! Hot! Aug '14 Words 1
Elkin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elkin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elkin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elkin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:24 pm PST

ESPN 3:24PM
Falcons WRs to CB Lewis: Back up trash talk
Bleacher Report 3:31 PM
Highlights, Recap for Browns vs. Panthers
ESPN 3:52 PM
Newton: 'Classless' to cheer Manziel injury
Bleacher Report 3:56 PM
Cam Returns to Superman Status When It Matters Most
Bleacher Report 3:58 PM
Is This End of the Line for Brees in NOLA?