Moving to Elkhorn
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MuseumgGirl

Iberia, MO

#1 May 16, 2011
Can anyone tell me a good place to look for an apartment? It will just be my husband and I, and our cat. I'm also looking for a full-time job with benefits. Anything I need to know about being a new local? Like the best places to eat or good shopping? I'd really appreciate any help!
americano

Delavan, WI

#2 May 22, 2011
theres burger king and whatever apartments are on the edge of town. Dont expect anything exciting.,

Since: May 11

Iberia, MO

#3 May 23, 2011
Your response is rather underwhelming. I've been to Elkhorn, and find the community enchanting. I was hoping for a serious response from locals in the know. "Americano" is apparently not that.
myself76

Lake Geneva, WI

#4 May 24, 2011
Elkhorn is a quaint small town, if that is what you are looking for it is perfect. Some people in this town do not appreciate that and need to move to the city! ;)
Earl

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Jun 1, 2011
There's quaint and then there's Elkhorn...I'd forgo some of the quaintness to have some businesses move in and provide some property tax relief.
Mizike

Watertown, WI

#6 Jun 1, 2011
It's still one of the better options for small towns in the area. East Troy is nice, but kinda boring, Lake Geneva has more of the amenities, but it's expensive, Delavan has alot of shopping options but kinda a ghetto town, Burlington is a typical white trash/redneck town. Elkhorn is probably one of the better options cause it's close enough to the other towns. Only other option that might work would be Williams Bay.
Abe Froman

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Jun 10, 2011
Elkhorn is a severe political clickdom. Move to New Zealand.
wesley

United States

#8 Jun 16, 2011
Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from Walworth county as you can.
Sherry

United States

#9 Jun 16, 2011
We have a newer vet clinic out by Mann brothers i recommend that one as far as that goes Elkhorn vet clinic is a rip off they charge double and triple what the other clinics charge and care is no better.
Abe Froman

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Jun 16, 2011
Sherry wrote:
We have a newer vet clinic out by Mann brothers i recommend that one as far as that goes Elkhorn vet clinic is a rip off they charge double and triple what the other clinics charge and care is no better.
What the hell does that have to do with moving to Elkhorn? You need to stop sucking on the crack pipe. What a loon!
sherry

United States

#11 Jun 17, 2011
she has a cat...again read what is written.
Abe Froman

Milwaukee, WI

#12 Jun 17, 2011
I bet your buddy Donald J. Jordan likes cats.....We know he likes little girls.
Sorry to say

Burlington, WI

#15 Aug 7, 2012
I would never recommend moving to elkhorn wi.
There is no shopping near here.
There is NO place to eat, nothing to do, and super boring.

“Cake, cake, cake”

Since: Jul 07

Let them eat cake

#16 Aug 8, 2012
Sorry to say wrote:
I'm a summer resident (Sugar Creek, actually), but I'm going to respectfully disagree. We do plenty of grocery shopping in Elkhorn. We also shop at the NAPA, hardware stores, Walgreens, and the local restaurants.

Yes, we sometimes have to go to Delavan (or Janesville) for some things, but that's ok.

I'm also going to agree with a previous post that Elkhorn, or Williams Bay, would be my picks if Walworth County were my primary residence.

Elkhorn is no Chicago, but that's precisely why we come here every weekend and all summer.
TroubledLoner

Kenosha, WI

#17 Aug 13, 2012
EMCAsux wrote:
<quoted text>AVOID Eastown Manor! The association there is a costly pain-in-the-butt. They don't have their own well so they use ABT Water Treatment to do their billing for that musky city-water. They are very overpriced also. The association has a half-million dollars in the bank but is constantly considering raising the monthly dues. Those dues may sound okay at $90mo but you get almost nothing for it except some hyper old silverhaired nazi who "monitors" your backyard and reports any violation he can find. He must think he's a secret agent.$90.00 a month could buy a week's worth of groceries or a tank & a-half of gas. AVOID Eastown Manor!
Sounds like there's a Secret Squirrel on the loose. Maybe you should put some nuts out for him?
Disappointed

Elkhorn, WI

#18 Oct 12, 2012
I moved to Elkhorn 10 years ago hoping to find low crime,peace and a safe place to raise my kids. At first it seemed wonderful . Until the " locals" finds out you Not One Of Them! In this town it's who you know or How you much pay! The school systems are terrible,there is so much bulling,and to many teachers pets. The police department even stated the schools have there own sets of rules.the community is filled with sexual preditors...and as if we don't have enough,Walworth takes the over flow from Racine. Things are extremely over priced.the housing market is terrible.over 500 new homes were built in the last 15 years bringing in more revenue,you would think that would take the weight off a small community,instead they treat the " newbies " like they have some type of plague. Take the advise of the comments above,stay away,once you get in its hard to get out!!
LarrySinclair

Kenosha, WI

#19 Oct 13, 2012
Sorry to say wrote:
That's why some people want to move there.
AngryOldWhiteGuy

Delavan, WI

#20 Feb 6, 2014
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a summer resident (Sugar Creek, actually), but I'm going to respectfully disagree. We do plenty of grocery shopping in Elkhorn. We also shop at the NAPA, hardware stores, Walgreens, and the local restaurants.
Yes, we sometimes have to go to Delavan (or Janesville) for some things, but that's ok.
I'm also going to agree with a previous post that Elkhorn, or Williams Bay, would be my picks if Walworth County were my primary residence.
Elkhorn is no Chicago, but that's precisely why we come here every weekend and all summer.
PLEASE go back to Chi-town and take your welfare-refugees with you! You are the very people who allowed Bath-house Barry to illegallly get into our Whitehouse.
Churchlady

Delavan, WI

#21 Feb 27, 2014
AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:
<quoted text>PLEASE go back to Chi-town and take your welfare-refugees with you! You are the very people who allowed Bath-house Barry to illegallly get into our Whitehouse.
AMEN and Amen! Kenyan-born Obama IS the Antichrist.
Sgt Prepper

Elkhorn, WI

#22 Oct 10, 2014
Churchlady wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN and Amen! Kenyan-born Obama IS the Antichrist.
And Poop Francis is the False Prophet. Soon will be martial-law, but first the Rapture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkhorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Jim Connors as Mayor? 2 hr WelbyMD 6
Sick of Elkhorn's racism 3 hr drunk off the water 3
Crystal Procknow Apr 24 Anonymous 2
Ted Cruz Revealed, Watch Video, then Vote Apr 4 Vote For Trump 1
Ted Cruz Revealed, Watch Video, then Vote Apr 4 Vote For Trump 1
Cruz & Kasich Plan Huge Cuts to S.S. & Medicare Mar '16 so you know 2
Male chihuahua to breed Feb '16 Ockelil 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elkhorn Mortgages