First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just wanna know

Pikeville, KY

#1 Feb 27, 2011
Anyone know anything about her?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 27, 2011
just wanna know wrote:
Anyone know anything about her?
real sweet lady

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 27, 2011
just wanna know wrote:
Anyone know anything about her?
ELKHORN CITY - Karen Sue Ratliff, loving wife, mother and grandmother, dearly missed daughter, sister and aunt was called to heaved on Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at her home, surrounded by loved ones. Sue was born at Moutchard, KY on Sep 30, 1948 to Wade and Clara Marie Ratliff. She graduated from Belfry High School in 1966 and Millard Vocational School in 1967. Sue was married to Ravine Ratliff on Aug 5, 1967 and they celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary with family and friends this past week. Sue leaves behind two children and their families who will dearly miss her. A son, Wade and his wife Stephanie Ratliff of Ferrell's Creek, KY, and her grandchildren David Wade, Erika Paige, and Zachary Tyler. A Daughter Rachael and husband Amine Lemghaili of Lexington, KY and her granddaughter Layla Karen. Sue also leaves behind her mother, Clara Marie Ratliff of Meathouse Fork of Johns Creek, one brother Richard Ratliff also of Meathouse Fork of Johns Creek, and three sisters, Sheila and Bruce Roberts of Belfry, KY, Marcia and Steve Elswick of Meta, KY, and Denis and Denny Burchett of Scott Depot, WV. Sue also leaves behind three aunts, Reba West of Mouthcard, KY, Audrey Lester of Fremont, OH, and Gerri Curtis of South Branch, MI, and one Uncle, Rondall Blackburn of Clyde, OH. She is preceded in death by her father Wade Ratliff, and Nephew Joseph Howard Ratliff, although these names have been mentioned there are many nieces, nephews, cousins, families and friends that mourn her passing. Sue worked in the legal profession for 38 years, including 12 years as administrative assistant for Federal Judge Joseph M. Hood. Karen Sue was the first woman in Pike County to be elected to the Board of Education in 1987 and serve as its chairperson in 1993. Officials rewarded her dedication to the education of Pike Counties children and her tireless diligence to see East Ridge High School built by dedicating the auditorium at the school in her name. She also served as the Deputy Judge under Pike County Judge Executive William M. Deskins from 2003-2006. Sue was named a Duchess of Hazard by Hazard Mayor Bill Gorman, a member of the Order of the Eastern Star for 44 years and was appointed to be a Kentucky Colonel by governor Paul Patton. At the times of her passing Sue still served her community, sitting on boards and committees including the ACT Theater, Unite-Pike, Pike County Domestic Abuse Shelter, and Pike County Democratic Executive Committee. She was a member of the Elkhorn City Baptist Church. Services are under the direction of Bailey Funeral Home of Elkhorn City, and Pastor Shawn Bruce of the Elkhorn City Baptist Church. Services are as follows. Visitation Thu, Aug 12, 2010 and Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at Bailey Funeral Home Starting at 6pm and services at 7pm. The funeral service will be at Bailey Funeral Home on Sat, Aug 13 at 11am. Burial will follow at Ratliff Family Cemetery on Meathouse Fork of Johns Creek. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Elkhorn City Baptist Church Building Fund, ACT Theater, or Pike county Domestic Abuse Shelter.

Read more: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kentucky/obi...
Knows

Pikeville, KY

#5 Feb 27, 2011
She lives on cure hill with some weird guy named chuck.
Beware

Pikeville, KY

#6 Feb 27, 2011
Last I heard Chuck got smart and got rid of her. Probably the best thing he has ever done. She is nothing but trouble, she causes DRAMA anywhere and everywhere!! Beware and stay far away from her it's for your own good.
blueberry

Pikeville, KY

#7 Feb 27, 2011
Beware wrote:
Last I heard Chuck got smart and got rid of her. Probably the best thing he has ever done. She is nothing but trouble, she causes DRAMA anywhere and everywhere!! Beware and stay far away from her it's for your own good.
I heard he left Karen for Carrie, lol. Which one is better?
They both seem pretty trashy to me.
Which One

Pikeville, KY

#8 Feb 27, 2011
blueberry wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard he left Karen for Carrie, lol. Which one is better?
They both seem pretty trashy to me.
You are very right on that one...lmao!! I don't think anybody could pick better between those two, neither one is better for anything.
Beware

Pikeville, KY

#9 Feb 27, 2011
Which One wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very right on that one...lmao!! I don't think anybody could pick better between those two, neither one is better for anything.
I agree 100% with the both of you,(blueberry and which one). Nobody in their right mind could pick better out of those two!!
Anonymous

Jackson, KY

#10 Feb 27, 2011
trouble wrote:
stay away from her she is trouble
This must be the same Karen I know. And yes she used to be with Chuck. The bitch is nothing but trouble. I despise her! You can be nice to Karen but she will only stab you in the back sooner or later. I have tried to be nice to her countless times. However, she only wants you around when you have something she wants. Normally, that would be money or pills. People like her are a waste of oxygen in my opinion. I distance myself from people like her. I find I live a much happier life and so does my family.
Ryan

Pikeville, KY

#11 Feb 28, 2011
She is the one that gave me hyp,C and the bull headed clap. STAY FAR AWAY FROM HER!!!
DIFFERENT ONE

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Mar 10, 2011
This Karen is big mouthed and loud and in her 30'S OR EARLY 40'S and is so overbearing. She says she is related to everybody in Pike County and acts like important people like her when they really dont. Rumor is Tyler Brown slept with this ugly beast. I hope he was not that desperate.
Suzie Salmon

Pikeville, KY

#14 Mar 11, 2011
observation made wrote:
<quoted text>ELKHORN CITY - Karen Sue Ratliff, loving wife, mother and grandmother, dearly missed daughter, sister and aunt was called to heaved on Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at her home, surrounded by loved ones. Sue was born at Moutchard, KY on Sep 30, 1948 to Wade and Clara Marie Ratliff. She graduated from Belfry High School in 1966 and Millard Vocational School in 1967. Sue was married to Ravine Ratliff on Aug 5, 1967 and they celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary with family and friends this past week. Sue leaves behind two children and their families who will dearly miss her. A son, Wade and his wife Stephanie Ratliff of Ferrell's Creek, KY, and her grandchildren David Wade, Erika Paige, and Zachary Tyler. A Daughter Rachael and husband Amine Lemghaili of Lexington, KY and her granddaughter Layla Karen. Sue also leaves behind her mother, Clara Marie Ratliff of Meathouse Fork of Johns Creek, one brother Richard Ratliff also of Meathouse Fork of Johns Creek, and three sisters, Sheila and Bruce Roberts of Belfry, KY, Marcia and Steve Elswick of Meta, KY, and Denis and Denny Burchett of Scott Depot, WV. Sue also leaves behind three aunts, Reba West of Mouthcard, KY, Audrey Lester of Fremont, OH, and Gerri Curtis of South Branch, MI, and one Uncle, Rondall Blackburn of Clyde, OH. She is preceded in death by her father Wade Ratliff, and Nephew Joseph Howard Ratliff, although these names have been mentioned there are many nieces, nephews, cousins, families and friends that mourn her passing. Sue worked in the legal profession for 38 years, including 12 years as administrative assistant for Federal Judge Joseph M. Hood. Karen Sue was the first woman in Pike County to be elected to the Board of Education in 1987 and serve as its chairperson in 1993. Officials rewarded her dedication to the education of Pike Counties children and her tireless diligence to see East Ridge High School built by dedicating the auditorium at the school in her name. She also served as the Deputy Judge under Pike County Judge Executive William M. Deskins from 2003-2006. Sue was named a Duchess of Hazard by Hazard Mayor Bill Gorman, a member of the Order of the Eastern Star for 44 years and was appointed to be a Kentucky Colonel by governor Paul Patton. At the times of her passing Sue still served her community, sitting on boards and committees including the ACT Theater, Unite-Pike, Pike County Domestic Abuse Shelter, and Pike County Democratic Executive Committee. She was a member of the Elkhorn City Baptist Church. Services are under the direction of Bailey Funeral Home of Elkhorn City, and Pastor Shawn Bruce of the Elkhorn City Baptist Church. Services are as follows. Visitation Thu, Aug 12, 2010 and Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at Bailey Funeral Home Starting at 6pm and services at 7pm. The funeral service will be at Bailey Funeral Home on Sat, Aug 13 at 11am. Burial will follow at Ratliff Family Cemetery on Meathouse Fork of Johns Creek. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Elkhorn City Baptist Church Building Fund, ACT Theater, or Pike county Domestic Abuse Shelter.
Read more: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kentucky/obi...
This women that you are talking about here was nothing but a BITCH and that is being real nice...she run the apartments and wouldn't help a soul..if she didn't like you... you wasn't getting an apartment weather you had houseing or not...and then if you did get one and you was a lil late on your rent she would treaten to have you put out on the street...always kept her nose in others business...when she should have bee minding her own...and watching her husband he sure loved thos young women that come into his office:)
omg

Pikeville, KY

#15 Mar 11, 2011
No matter what this women may or may have not done you should have never put this on here.There have been alot of people that have dirty deeds to me all my life.This don't give us the right to talk about the dead.You should have told her this to her face.This women is dead and gone shame on you.May you realize this was uncalled for and ask for forgiveness.god forgive you.
miss kiss this

Pikeville, KY

#16 Mar 11, 2011
ok to clear this up, the karen ratliff that everyone is talking about, is not the same karen sue ratliff, in the obituary, the karen ratliff that was married to chuck, etc, is not the same
so would you all kindly stop dragging the name of a dead person thru the mud
i know none of you have morals or scruples, but read the bible about speaking ill of the dead
Pike County

Pikeville, KY

#17 Mar 11, 2011
yes it is the same karen ratliff that lived with chuck until he went off and ended up in a nut house now she lives at home with her parents and i dont know who chuck is with but she is something else stay as far away from her as u can before u get something that ajax wont wash off
so true

Pikeville, KY

#18 Mar 16, 2011
she is a pill head and a dumby.. she is nasty and her new best friend MANDY ADKINS is just like her!!!
Mandy Adkins

Winchester, KY

#19 Mar 17, 2011
It is so funny that you all have no ass to put your name on her Grow the Hell up... Before you go and talk about us you better sweep out your own back door...You all are just jealous....
MANDY HATERS

Winchester, KY

#20 Mar 17, 2011
Mandy Adkins wrote:
It is so funny that you all have no ass to put your name on her Grow the Hell up... Before you go and talk about us you better sweep out your own back door...You all are just jealous....
Mandy I just love you soooo very much!!! You are exactly right about all these jealous people, and YES they most definately do NEED to sweep out their own back, side, and FRONT DOORS!!!!
ha ha ha ha ha

Pikeville, KY

#21 Mar 17, 2011
Mandy Adkins wrote:
It is so funny that you all have no ass to put your name on her Grow the Hell up... Before you go and talk about us you better sweep out your own back door...You all are just jealous....
so what id they put their names all you would do is run to mommy and your sissy cause god knows you have no ass to back up your threats...
Dog Dare

Winchester, KY

#22 Mar 17, 2011
ha ha ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>
so what id they put their names all you would do is run to mommy and your sissy cause god knows you have no ass to back up your threats...
Double dog dare you to go face to face with her!!!!I would pay to see this one...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkhorn City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gimme a reason 11 hr nobammer 6
AwSam (Jun '14) 14 hr haha 15
someone has to know something Wed lmbo 1
sara Dec 16 please help 1
justin anderson (Sep '12) Dec 15 Old School Friend 5
been seeing delphia again... Dec 14 well 6
Queers in Pikeville and elkhorn Dec 13 snoopy 8
Elkhorn City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elkhorn City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elkhorn City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elkhorn City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:35 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:35PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010
NBC Sports 3:50 PM
Bengals heading back into withering spotlight - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:01 PM
Kelvin Benjamin: Can't take anybody for granted
NBC Sports 6:32 PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Complete Week 16 Preview for Denver