Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Anyone know about any families that used to live in Potter's Flats (besides the Potter's) and if any cemeteries that are over there?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

And please I need some info that has been passed down from generation to generation and not from the Potter Flats webpage.
Help you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

If you will post your email,I will tell you what I know. I was raised In the Potter Flats.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

My email is wbc212@email.vccs.edu
help you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Please don't think I have forgot about you. I have been sick for a couple of days. I promise to get back to you as soon as I am able to sit for a while. PROMISE

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Feel free to CC it to lookatmyego@gmail.com
potter girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

alot of families i didnt grow up there but my dad did and my grandma on my moms side so thats 2 families potter and raines. also my grandma on my dads side was a stewart b4 she married and i know she grew up in the flats. ive been told that at one time the potter flats had more ppl than elkhorn. i know there used 2 b a school and hospital there also i think it was known as praise but that also might have been what elkhorn was called im not 2 sure which

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Do you know of any graveyards over there? My great great grandfather is supposed to be buried over there. My great grandfather showed my great uncle where exactly but he is unable because he is old and he lives in GA. My great great grandfather went by different names like Hamilton or Ham Sherrell but his real name was Abraham Wiggins. He married Josephine Bentley daughter of Benjamin Bentley. It also said he acquired some land from Benjamin around the Pool Point side of Potter's Flats.
flats

Mccarr, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

i am frorm potter flats yes my grand father is in the grave yard at pool point there are also a grave yard in the flats it is near from the ratbbit rock at my grand father home place

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

Who was your grandfather that's supposed to buried there and is it near that supposed church/school?
flats

Mccarr, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

brack stewart
potter girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

flats wrote:
i am frorm potter flats yes my grand father is in the grave yard at pool point there are also a grave yard in the flats it is near from the ratbbit rock at my grand father home place
ha ha my uncle i know u. i didnt know we had family buried up there your talking bout the grave yard above the road? i thought there was only bout 3 or 4 grave there btw your not good at this typing stuff r u.
potter girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

my mistake flats your not my uncle i talked to him today and he said he saw that but it wasnt him
potter girl

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

now i am all types of confused because brack is/was my great grandpa and i didnt live in flats they kicked us out b4 i was even thought of so how can u b my generation and claim to have lived in the flats
confused too

Goode, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

I was always thought my great great grandfather lived over there too, but know one seemed to have heard of him.
potter girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

brack lived under the head of the lane but if thats not who your talking about i dont know let me know and i can find out
grizzly

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

There are several very old "Mullins" graves in the eagle flats near the power poles you can see from the highway. Not the poles on top near pretty rock house but the next level down.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Where is Potter Flats?
WBC2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Its between Elkhorn and the Breaks. Its directly across the river where the High Narrows are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

My great grandmother was a Mullins she married a Ramey but we don't know where her father is buried. He was last listed in the 1870 census in the Lower Elkhorn part of Elkhorn and I wonder if that is where he is buried.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Elkhorn City Forum right now

Search the Elkhorn City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 7 min Anne52 81,188
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Ari son of Anarchy 138,443
Who do you support for Sheriff in Kentucky (Pik... (Oct '10) 23 min whatsthematter 394
Samantha Wellman Bennett What Happened 1 hr just my opinion 51
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr Goose Man 16,059
Hit and run 9 hr yep 5
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 11 hr redeemer 25,959
•••

Freeze Warning for Pike County was issued at April 16 at 5:55PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Elkhorn City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Elkhorn City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE