Review: Star Martial Arts

Posted in the Elkhart Forum

TKDMom

United States

#1 Dec 14, 2009
Amazing classes from a talented staff, Star Martial Arts teaches confidence, respect, discipline and fitness!
SMA may be not be as cheap as the local YMCA, but the training is well worth the extra cost. An equiped facility with an experienced staff of all ages provides all students with the means and role models to accomplish personal and competitive goals. Highly Recommended.
BillyBadAzz

Osceola, IN

#2 Dec 18, 2009
Chicken Cowards need this.
mike

United States

#3 Dec 18, 2009
TKDMom wrote:
Amazing classes from a talented staff, Star Martial Arts teaches confidence, respect, discipline and fitness!
SMA may be not be as cheap as the local YMCA, but the training is well worth the extra cost. An equiped facility with an experienced staff of all ages provides all students with the means and role models to accomplish personal and competitive goals. Highly Recommended.
(pathetic)
SLSVB

United States

#5 Jan 6, 2010
I was big into the Y back in the 60s and I remember Chuck Best, but I don't remember any kind of scandal. Let's have the dirt.
lady

Zamboanga City, Philippines

#6 Feb 23, 2010
whats this scandal about lyle ryman? will anyone enlighten me with this...
OrlandoFriend

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#8 Apr 9, 2010
Was wondering if Lyle had surfaced again? I knew Lyle and in spite of his background he was an amazing guy. He did a lot for Elkhart and loved teaching the kids at the Y. Everyone has skeletons in their closet but people should be remembered for their accomplishments, not a title. Hope he is okay and if he sees this maybe will get in touch.
lovingfriend Cebu City

Philippines

#9 Aug 17, 2010
he is a good businessman as i knew. we been friends for almost 5 years..he is a very smart guy when it comes to business so i wonder why this had happened to him. To Lyle: hope you are well and wish to meet you again in my place.
mark

#12 Aug 31, 2010
im lyle's friend and i've known him as a respected person in the community and a good businessman. iknow him because i happened to be his lawyer and i know he has never been to the philippines as claim in these comments much more has girlfriends there.someone must be posing as lyle to malign him.this is character assasination and a grave misconception. lyle has requested me to start legal action againts these malicius comments
Vic

Richmond, VA

#13 Sep 1, 2010
Lyle love all your new screen names and what's the weather like there?
just curious

Liloan, Philippines

#14 Sep 10, 2010
mark wrote:
im lyle's friend and i've known him as a respected person in the community and a good businessman. iknow him because i happened to be his lawyer and i know he has never been to the philippines as claim in these comments much more has girlfriends there.someone must be posing as lyle to malign him.this is character assasination and a grave misconception. lyle has requested me to start legal action againts these malicius comments
how come that you happened to be lyle's lawyer and a friend if you are from zamboanga, philippines and he is from usa....
mark

#15 Sep 10, 2010
im in the philippines with a friend and will be back to the usa in a few days.
just curious

#16 Oct 22, 2010
i see.....

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#17 Oct 22, 2010
the star academy is a cult. It is all about money. Also, you will not learn how to defend yourself there. This is a Sport school, and has nothing to do with self defense. Actually most commercial studios are all a bunch of crap.
You will not find any true martial arts studios around anymore.
Buzzby

Paw Paw, MI

#19 Nov 6, 2011
Zuum wrote:
the star academy is a cult. It is all about money. Also, you will not learn how to defend yourself there. This is a Sport school, and has nothing to do with self defense. Actually most commercial studios are all a bunch of crap.
You will not find any true martial arts studios around anymore.
How do you know this is a cult?
Buzzby

Paw Paw, MI

#20 Nov 6, 2011
How do you know the Star Academy is a cult? Any links?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkhart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need friends 4 gf to play (Mar '14) Fri jazzy 2
missing brother Dec 14 Driverrichard 3
Brian from florida Dec 9 Chick 1
Just need to get this out... Nov 26 Confused Person 1
Elkhart is a rotten place to live (Oct '11) Nov 23 Go Blue Forever 14
hanging/Marion ST. (May '14) Nov '14 Heartbroken 4
Goshen Music Thread Nov '14 Musikologist 1
Elkhart Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elkhart People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elkhart News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elkhart

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH