Elk River pastor charged

Elk River pastor charged

There are 1612 comments on the Star News - Home story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Elk River pastor charged. In it, Star News - Home reports that:

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star News - Home.

First Prev
of 81
Next Last
oldtimer

Portland, OR

#1636 Jul 31, 2015
Walter Palmer is Bill Matthews dentist!
Janet

Sulphur, LA

#1637 Sep 28, 2015
wow...you are as sick as he and his daughter-in-law are.
Bob Jones workbooks

Cedar Hill, TX

#1640 Apr 3, 2017
Lolol TRUTH
Jesus Christ 420

Cedar Hill, TX

#1641 Apr 3, 2017
Lolololol TRUTH

Since: Sep 11

out on the lone prairee

#1642 Apr 13, 2017
So...anyone heard from Hoogenboom lately? Did he move back to Indiana? It appears Becky did awhile back.
Andrew

United States

#1643 Jun 23, 2017
rebeccacanfield wrote:
I am very shocked at what all is being said here. I listened to Dr. Dufresne when he was alive, met him and heard his preaching. I listen to his wife Nancy even now and his son Grant. Haven't any of you read the story about David and Saul? It is not a good idea to defame or attack the Lord's anointed and it never goes well for the person who does. I do not know the details of what you are talking about, but nothing that you have said has convinced me that Dr. Dufresne had all of the details and was completely and 100% aware of what went on in Dr. Matthew's church and that he knowingly went along with it. How do you know that he had all the facts? How do you know that he wasn't helping a friend find his way back to God or counseling him to do the right thing, trying to and imploring him to do what was right? What makes you so sure that Dr. Dufresne was knowingly a part of this whole thing? As a pastor, Dr. Dufresne is of course going to counsel anyone who needs Christian advice, and unless you were in the room, you have no idea what was said or why. The bible says, "Judge not, less ye be judged." I am not saying you are right. I am not saying you aren't. I am saying that I happen to know that Dr. Dufresne is the Lord's anointed and it is never a good idea to speak out against the Lord's anointed. Judging Dr. Dufresne is God's job, not ours. From what I knew of the man, he was a wonderful man of God. I refuse to believe anything else. You, of course can do what you'd like, but remember, you will answer for it as well, and unless you can be 100% sure, I wouldn't continue to say what you are saying. Plus, your words, even if they were true, serve only to discourage the body of Christ from living right, getting their lives right with God and listening to their own pastors. Be careful that in your attempt to expose others that you are not hurting innocent people and harming yourself. I would repent before it's too late, and let God expose whom he wishes.
I was in the room I was raised with both Bill Matthews and dr. Ed Dufresne I had multiple conversations with Ed Dufresne about this particular thing he knew Nancy knew his son Grant was a little bit too young at the time but Steven definitely knew as well as all of the other kids that Bill Matthews and Mary Matthews had AKA my siblings yet Bill Mathews still went forward and married his daughter-in-law my ex-wife. You want the quote scriptures remember the Bible also refers to wolves in sheep's clothing that is what bill is and all of the ministers that associate with him
Sunny

United States

#1644 Apr 14, 2018
The Ol Wagonmaster wrote:
So...anyone heard from Hoogenboom lately? Did he move back to Indiana? It appears Becky did awhile back.
What happened to Jim and Becky. I was also in their church. What happened to Compassion Christian Center? Did they divorce? Becky was a great lady.
Compressed Christian Ctr

San Francisco, CA

#1645 Apr 20, 2018
Compassion Center has been gone for years. Apparently so is Becky, from Tucson at least. That poor lady deserved so much better.
Ismael gerli

Matawan, NJ

#1646 May 2, 2018
"Just because it isn't illegal to marry your daughter in law doesn't mean it isn't gross! Also just wondering how you think you can prove the ex was a druggie and abusive. Those are some pretty wild accusations." like ismael gerli
Cousin

Peoria, AZ

#1647 May 23, 2018
So, its been awhile since ive tuned in. Is the SRC still in business? Is bill still married to his daughter in law? Has he been convicted of anything since he stole my auntys money? IS THE FAMILY STILL DIVIDED?
Stubby

Beulah, ND

#1648 Jun 18, 2018
According to the website Bill and Lorena are the pastors. I have not watched the livestream in quite a while. http://srchurch.org/ They also have a facebook page.
Charles W Carpenter

United States

#1649 Thursday Jul 26
Chad wrote:
Emily as I stated earlier..YOUR IN MY PRAYERS!!! Thank God you left as hard as it may have been for you as a daughter and sister..
No decent father would ever marry his daughter in law or former daughter in law. No minister in his right mind would marry them. This is spirit of betrayal at work. If a marriage is in trouble it is our job as a Christian to pray for reconciliation. If it is family add prayer and fasting to the equation. As I father of 4, and 8 grandchildren and a 65 year old minister I can tell you this is totally out of order. The church needs to wake up! Don't follow pastors who don't put others first. God's Love is the answer. Don't quit on God because of such misconduct on the part of His ministers. Find a good church and continue with the Lord Jesus Christ. He loves you and is a God of Mercy. Love them but get away from pastors who would do such a thing. In the mighty name of Jesus. Charles W Carpenter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 81
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Distracted driving Jul 23 Concerned citizen 1
Election Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jul '18 Wally 862
New Hockey Arena (Jan '18) Jan '18 Matslinger 1
Oven/stove problems please help (Dec '17) Dec '17 Mlhafermann 1
News Big Lake officer embroiled in department contro... (Sep '08) Oct '17 sheila christenson 33
News Anoka County / Baby sitter charged in child sex... (Apr '08) Sep '17 Patty 44
News Man broke into St. Paul police station, stole p... (Aug '17) Aug '17 TheRealTruth 1

Elk River Jobs

Personal Finance

Elk River Mortgages