Elk River pastor charged

Jan 14, 2011 Full story: Star News - Home 1,597

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Read more
former follower

Davenport, IA

#1509 Apr 20, 2013
@Elk River Mallard: Those are sound reasoning and I have never really given it much thought. I just took it that it was Dr Ed that posted it. I can't imagine why anyone would post as DuFresne but your reasons make sense. I saw Edwards and several others from DuFresne's group at Matthew's church like nothing ever happened. These so called ministers are in it for themselves. I agree that any minister that says "Give to my ministryand God will give to you" can not be trusted. Thanks for your insight.
former followers

Davenport, IA

#1510 May 18, 2013
Steve Simpson wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont need starters- Im well into checking the academic credentials on a dozen of these guys anyways- any info On the guys mentioned in my blog would be appreciated, but more specifically Ed Dufresne for now- Thanks
Where can we find your blog? Would like to see who else we need tro watch out for. There are so jany of these scam artist /con men outthere today that it is difficult finding a place to worship where you can truly feel free and safe.
Steve Simpson

Kalispell, MT

#1511 May 18, 2013
former followers wrote:
<quoted text> Where can we find your blog? Would like to see who else we need tro watch out for. There are so jany of these scam artist /con men outthere today that it is difficult finding a place to worship where you can truly feel free and safe.
HERE thet are

http://2falseprophets.wordpress.com/2011/11/2... - 1300 reads!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12825904/The-Three-... - 3200 reads!
former follower

Davenport, IA

#1512 Jun 9, 2013
Steve Simpson wrote:
Do you have any information on the ex-con now international traveling DR Randall Greer? He is of the same ilk as these other DRs, just a different organization that 'competes' for money with the DuFresne group.
Gimmeabreak

Murrieta, CA

#1513 Aug 8, 2013
If you Dufresne you know he didn't write that letter. He couldn't put a statement that coherent together.
It's interesting that a supposed profit (yes profit) wasn't able to discern the sinful things that were going on in Bill Matthews life. The red flag should go been going off before the action of marrying him to his daughter in law. Not after you received blow back from other people for doing the wedding. Are you kidding me ? He excuses his actions by saying As a profit they get tested more than the average person. Is there ever any personal responsibility for the guys?
it_never_ends

Saint Paul, MN

#1514 Aug 8, 2013
No, there never is any personal responsibility with anyone in that cult. Everything they do, just find a scripture to bend to fit!.. tah-dah! It's just that easy. They could rob banks, lie, cheat and steal and just get away with it. No prosecution, no repercussions. There are so very many things that even heathen are disgusted by going on there. All for the sake of the gospel.
curious

Elk River, MN

#1515 Aug 9, 2013
Gimmeabreak wrote:
If you Dufresne you know he didn't write that letter. He couldn't put a statement that coherent together.
It's interesting that a supposed profit (yes profit) wasn't able to discern the sinful things that were going on in Bill Matthews life. The red flag should go been going off before the action of marrying him to his daughter in law. Not after you received blow back from other people for doing the wedding. Are you kidding me ? He excuses his actions by saying As a profit they get tested more than the average person. Is there ever any personal responsibility for the guys?
From your post it sounds as if you might have heard Ed Dufresne making excuses for supporting Bill and performing his wedding ceremony. Is this true? Is he saying that situation was a test for him because he is a prophet? If so, how does he excuse the fact that he failed that test?
Stubby

Hazen, ND

#1516 Aug 11, 2013
I did notice something when watching one of Bill's sermons recently. Take note of how many times he uses the words "I" and "me". It is just sickening.
Elk River Mallard

Elk River, MN

#1517 Aug 11, 2013
it_never_ends wrote:
No, there never is any personal responsibility with anyone in that cult. Everything they do, just find a scripture to bend to fit!.. tah-dah! It's just that easy. They could rob banks, lie, cheat and steal and just get away with it. No prosecution, no repercussions. There are so very many things that even heathen are disgusted by going on there. All for the sake of the gospel.
I agree with everything you said, except for the last sentence. The corruption in that church is not for "the sake of the gospel". At best, it is distorted gospel in that church, not the true gospel.
it_never_ends

Chicago, IL

#1518 Aug 12, 2013
Yah, I'm well aware that it's a distorted gospel. Just repeating something I heard there almost every time I had to sit and swallow BS. I forgive them for how they tore my life apart, only because I need peace...but I will never forget. Just glad I found out the truth. The thought of the damage being done to the children there, brings me to tears though.
Elk River Mallard

Elk River, MN

#1519 Aug 21, 2013
I wrote this for a Facebook post and I think it appropriate for this forum, too:

Can you think of a greater conflict of interest than these two?: I think they are a tie. One is when a teenage boy says to his girlfriend,“If you really love me, you will prove your love”. The other is from preachers, especially, but not only on TV, when they say:“Give to my ministry and God will give money to you”. That would include people like Benny Hinn, Jesse Duplantis, Ken Copeland, Mike Murdock, INSP network and TBN. We have a church right here in Elk River that is known for this practice. There are many who do this. You can read about them in 2 Peter 1-3:
2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
“With covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you”. That covetousness is clearly displayed in those asking, but is may also be in those giving, so they can get.
abd

Framingham, MA

#1520 Aug 21, 2013
no name wrote:
One morning while we attending src, I saw a blackbird fly in, flew around a couple of times and left. Ed Dufresne"s was preaching. The Bible makes thing very clear in Leviticus 20:12.
?
abd

Framingham, MA

#1521 Aug 21, 2013
?
Time To Tell It All

Minneapolis, MN

#1522 Aug 21, 2013
So, after all of Dr. Bill's apostasy and crimes against God, is his ministry doing well in Elk River or is it still slowly dying off? Speak up those of you who still attend this house of Satan. What do you know? Isn't it time to tell it all?
BILEFROMTHEPITOF MYSTOMACH

Elk River, MN

#1523 Aug 22, 2013
I live about a mile from that church, I see the comings and goings. A rough estimate of memebers or attenders, I would say to be about 20, including and mostly, family or members who have married into that "church", cult! Occasionally, I've noticed some new ppl, but they seem to be there long enough to get drained of any money they may have had, and then leave. I remember bill saying many times..."feed the sheep, milk the goats". And that's exactly what he does. Good job "billy" Im sure God is proud of you and all you have accomplished! NOT!!!!
Evil Doings

Elk River, MN

#1524 Aug 22, 2013
Just a little more info. for those interested. I recently had to remove any and all of the flowers and items that reminded me of Mary, at her grave site. The bastards from that cult have continued to steal things that have been placed there in remembrance of her. I find it rather vindictive and cruel of them to continue to take items they want to from her site, pretty sure I know who it is, its unfortunate that the remaining family members continue to display that sense of entitlement, not the Christian character I want to display. Just sayin!
Elk River Mallard

Elk River, MN

#1525 Aug 22, 2013
Time To Tell It All wrote:
So, after all of Dr. Bill's apostasy and crimes against God, is his ministry doing well in Elk River or is it still slowly dying off? Speak up those of you who still attend this house of Satan. What do you know? Isn't it time to tell it all?
I watched their podcast a couple of months ago and Dr. Bill claimed that there are about 100 families in the church. He was talking about their refinancing of the building. He said that the closing cost for the refi would be $25,000. He suggested that each family chip in $100/month for three months, so they could raise enough to pay the closing costs. That would, of course, actually raise $30,000. He mentioned that and, as I remember, said that maybe some people would miss some payments, thus it would ensure enough cash for the refi.
Stubby

Hazen, ND

#1527 Aug 31, 2013
More harm being done by A "FAITH" church:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/29/ex-e...
former follower

Davenport, IA

#1528 Sep 7, 2013
Stubby wrote:
More harm being done by A "FAITH" church:
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/29/ex-e...
A shame that so many are harmed by these deceitful practices. But so easy to be drawn in anddeceived.Been there done that, have the painful memories. Dr Bill, DuFresne, Rojas, Jacobs, Copeland, Greer, etc use the pulpit a a means to provide themselves with lavish lifestyle.
former follower

Davenport, IA

#1529 Sep 7, 2013
Dr Bill and his daughter in law wife are such shining examples of christian living. A preacher who jumps in bed with his son's wife while his own wife and helpmate lies in the next bedroom dieing. And a wife who hops in bed with her husband's father Quess Bill was adding his 'personal touch' to Lorena during counseling and Lorena was just helping Bill with his needs. Sounds like rationale that DuFresne followers would use.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Mar 2 sumbich 850
Legit supplier of m-a-rij-uauna,pain n anxiety ... Feb '15 local in elk river 1
Air duct cleaning Jan '15 monicaelmer2003 1
Food Dec '14 Spud mister 69 1
looking for Larry Gene Hayes Dec '14 Gene 1
Review: Appletime Child Care Inc (Mar '14) Aug '14 Jonikki 2
Cathy Kirka (Aug '14) Aug '14 R Danials 1
Elk River Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elk River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance