Elk River pastor charged

Jan 14, 2011 Full story: Star News - Home 1,584

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Full Story
C D Prince

United States

#485 Mar 24, 2011
Dexter Mapson was a layman who helped the original Assembly of God Church move from it's first building site (presently the location of the ALC School...Ivan Sand) to the present stie of the "not so Solid Rock Church." He oversaw the construction of the present building and helped to bring it into existence...he would be a sad, grieved man if he were to know what is going on there these days.
FYI

Willmar, MN

#486 Mar 24, 2011
Just because you think Dexter had a heart of gold, doesn't make him a good man. He was also charged with financial crimes.
Some people might say Bill Matthews has "a heart of gold", but sloppy management of finances. Some people might say Jim Hoogenboom has "a heart of gold", but his flesh is weak.
The bottom line is, if you want to make excuses for people you can. No, nobody is perfect, but you have to be able to admit when you are wrong, let down your pride, and change your bad behavior.
Bill Matthews is still making excuses for himself, trying to convince the members of his little group that they have to be faithful to follow him no matter what, that he never did anything wrong. He continues to hurt and use people.
Maybe the "crows" were left over, or maybe they are new. Who knows? One thing is for sure, they certainly will continue to multiply in that environment!
no name

Minneapolis, MN

#487 Mar 24, 2011
One morning while we attending src, I saw a blackbird fly in, flew around a couple of times and left. Ed Dufresne"s was preaching. The Bible makes thing very clear in Leviticus 20:12.
Live stream watcher

Willmar, MN

#488 Mar 24, 2011
I watched this morning and find it funny how the whole message was about money again. Do they ever preach about trying to be a positive influence in the community or feeding the poor or actually making the world a better place. They focus all there efforts on money and getting the money so they can "give" it to there pastor, I found the stories she told so funny, her dying mother is giving money to her daughter and she is excited because she then has more money to give to her "pastor" she has a dream of giving hand fulls of money to him and it is translated from the pastor that God is going to use her to fund his ministry, or could it have been God warning her, this pastor is going to take all your money.
Curious

United States

#489 Mar 24, 2011
I know Sandra pretty well, and i love her dearly. Her testimony was honest and sincere. I have heard many of her stories before, and find her to be a delightful, honest and God fearing women. She is certainly caught up in a mess and is unable to even attempt to look into the truth because it is forbidden to question ANYTHING the pastor says. It is unfortunate, but we all have to answer to God for what we believe and what we do with what we believe. The facts are available for all of us to investigate on our own. We can choose to find out if something is true or not. Or we can also choose to simply look the other way and tell ourselves, its not really my problem, not my business, its between God and my pastor. But that will not due in the eyes of God. We are accountable for the information available to us. I really believe if you love someone you will do WHATEVER it takes to help them. Even if leaving is all you can do. Actions speak louder than words. I still Love my pastor and always will. I will always pray for him, i have forgiven him long ago, but i will not enable him or mislead him into thinking that i agree with his actions by continuing to support his immoral, illegal behavior. I hope the best for all the ppl at this church, i love you all so much you are like family to me. Great job Sandra, was wonderful to see you again. :-)
Stunned

Montrose, MO

#490 Mar 24, 2011
I have noticed in watching these meetings that just as this congregation blindly follow their pastor thinking that none of this is any of their business; their pastor is blindly following Ed Dufresne. I was stunned at a story that Bill told about a minister that was talking bad about Ed Dufresne. Bill told the man that everything he was saying was a lie and then went and told Ed Dufresne what the man had said. Bill made sure to point out that he never asked Ed if any of it were true and he would never let those seeds of doubt be planted in his mind. Talk about a lack of wisdom!! If a person came to you and said they had an affair with your spouse would you just tell them it was a lie and never question your spouse? Never try to find out if it were true or at least investigate the facts? That would be foolish. Of course this story was told so that his church people would never question if the things being said about him are true. All the stories being told about other ministers being falsely accused are just an attempt at deflecting the attention to all these poor ministers being "lied about" and to attempt to make people think he fits in that category. They way Bill, his kids, and people in his church worship Ed Dufresne like he is their God is sick. They think just because he comes everything will be ok. Well he didn't fix Bill's wife from dying of cancer, he hasn't fixed all the divorces in the church, he didn't repair Bill's broken family, he hasn't fixed the financial problems they have had for the last 15+ years, what makes them think he can fix this? It looks like bad fruit to me!!!
C D Prince

United States

#491 Mar 25, 2011
There are lots of different ways to "do" church...some honorable, some not! And whether you "do" church this way, or you are a church for those who "don't do church"...you're still doing church. There are honorable, honest, humble, gracious, kind, loving church leaders in our community, and other communities. Anytime someone puts down the way other churches "do" church, they are saying, "We are the only ones who hear from God, we are the only church doing things right, etc, etc). No matter what terms you use in the way you "do" church...like..."the annointing", like "lead pastors", like "other churches are jaked up", like "talks", or "messages" , or "bulletins" or "programs", like "there's finally a church that understands people" etc, etc, etc. It's all a bunch of self-serving, self-agrandizment, self-promoting. Whether you use fancy religious terms, or got to vulgar words and phrases to reach your target audience...you are "doing" church...just in your own preferred way! Solid Rock has its terms and ways to do church; Crossings has its terms and ways to do church; etc. The quite, respectful, honoring of others kinds of churches are faithfully preaching the Gospel, leading people to Jesus, helping them to grow, etc. They are not putting down other churches in their marking flyers that are sent out....they understand that they stand before a jealous God and He hates accusation of His Bride...even when it comes from churches "doing" it the way they "do" it!
C D Prince

Elk River, MN

#492 Mar 25, 2011
Solid Rock and the Crossings....two ways of doing church...both of which do not honor the work God does in other churches...both of which bring dishonor in the way they do church by putting down, disregarding, placing accusations in the minds of their followers...you never make the "Light" of the Gospel brighter by saying the other light-bearers are not doing it right, and that you are the only light. It is the work of the devil and his demonic host to accuse the brethren...it is not the job of the church to do that...when a church such as Solid Rock or Crossings says they are the true light, or only light, in the community, they are diminishing the Light of the world. It does not matter the size of the crowd...anyone can get a crowd (Crossings) or lose a crowd (Solid Rock)...crowds may impress man, but not the Lord...He sees the heart, not the number of cars, buts, or even baptisms! You can use religious terms to claim your supposed claim to hearing the Lord, or you can resort to vulgar expressions and easy grace to get people to come around....you can use car give-aways, football ticket give-aways, or any other attendance gifts, or you can use scare tactics like your family is going to suffer, you'll lose your peace, safety, prosperity if you leave...all of the man-made tactics can gain and maintain control or attract the crowds...but over time, it doesn't keep people...the truth keeps people, not the hype and gimmicks. There are faithful people in many churches simply living their faith, being a witness, praying and leading people to Jesus. Man-made ways eventually fail.
Agreed

Sartell, MN

#493 Mar 25, 2011
Well said CD prince. Look at the fruit, look into what is being said and preached. Look at wheather or not you are allowed to question what is being said or told to you. And most importantly, look to Holy Spirit for your leadings. We are so easily lead and mislead by allowing ppl to dictate how we need to think or see a scripture! Read and study the word yourself and ask God to lead you.....
Inside Information

Willmar, MN

#494 Mar 26, 2011
I have known all these people for years and I can honestly say it seems like Ed cares about nothing but his own name, image, and "rock" star lifestyle. Ed has never attempted to contact any of the 3 kids that left bill's cult, as a real pastor or mentor wouldn't your goal be to bring healing and restoration to the family, how could this be done without trying to heal the family first. And why do they all disregard the fact that Bill is not even qualified according to the bible to pastor a church: 1 Tim. 3
1 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of Godís church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devilís trap.

Seriously, enough said!
They are a disgrace and should not be pastors.
and p.s. Sandy may be great and nice but anyone who has bought into that whole place and scam and did not leave after bill married his daughter in law is blind to the truth and not able to discern the Lord's body, I am not saying they wont go to heaven but I guarantee God is yelling to everyone there to run and get out. Sandy has been told for years that she will be a famous minister like Joyce Meyer and she stays there because she has bought into the lie and thinks that God will make that happen through ed and bill, She would be better off taking her "seed" money and investing it into starting her own ministry.
FYI

Willmar, MN

#495 Mar 26, 2011
Inside Information wrote:
I have known all these people for years and I can honestly say it seems like Ed cares about nothing but his own name, image, and "rock" star lifestyle. Ed has never attempted to contact any of the 3 kids that left bill's cult, as a real pastor or mentor wouldn't your goal be to bring healing and restoration to the family, how could this be done without trying to heal the family first. And why do they all disregard the fact that Bill is not even qualified according to the bible to pastor a church
Sandy may be great and nice but anyone who has bought into that whole place and scam and did not leave after bill married his daughter in law is blind to the truth and not able to discern the Lord's body, I am not saying they wont go to heaven but I guarantee God is yelling to everyone there to run and get out. Sandy has been told for years that she will be a famous minister like Joyce Meyer and she stays there because she has bought into the lie and thinks that God will make that happen through ed and bill, She would be better off taking her "seed" money and investing it into starting her own ministry.
I know all these people personally, too, and you hit the nail on the head with Sandy!
Also, Ed and Bill care nothing for anyone but themselves, and their lifestyle. It doesn't even seem they care about their image. Ed certainly cares nothing for Bill or his family. He only goes to his church because Bill continues to dish out the $$! He took a special offering to give Ed a huge "seed" before he even preached!
Meanwhile, Bill's daughter Chelsea's house is in foreclosure. How is that right? His daughter Rachel already lost her business and her home because he taught she had to "tithe on the gross" of her business. Most restaurants do not even make 10% profit, especially new ones. So, Rachel did not pay her withholding taxes, or her building payment, so she could pay her tithe. She lost everything and had to file bankruptcy.
Bill's son, Bill Jr., has been trying to short sell his house for over a year and a half now with no offers. Where are all these people going to live? They all owe back taxes, they are all losing their businesses and houses. Are they going to start a compound and all live somewhere together?
You can't make this stuff up! And, if you could, you wouldn't want to!
Barb

Willmar, MN

#496 Mar 26, 2011
We lost our business by tithing 10% off the top as we were told to do. Our accountant told us that most businesses run off the top 3%. Bill runs everyone out of business and then just moves on to the next business. Our company grossed almost a million dollars one year and we were struggling to make our house payment and at one point had to borrow money from a family member to keep our house out of foreclosure. This man cares nothing for his sheep, only for the dollar.
old timer

Salem, OR

#497 Mar 26, 2011
I knew Bill way back in the day when he was at Bill Matthews Ford in Buffalo. His mom and dad let him open a Suzuki franchise. He could not keep his hand out of the cash register, and his mom who kept his books could not stop him even though every time he did this, she would have to account for what he was taking so the books would balance.
C D Prince

United States

#498 Mar 27, 2011
Wow! What a way to "do church!" There are lots of ways to "do church"...the Solid Rock Way, the Crossings Way, and the honorable ways done by many other local churches....anytime, anyone church things their way is the "only" way, and they indoctrinate their people into thinking they are the only way to "do it"...they are setting themselves up for cultic characteristics. It takes the whole church to reach the whole city...any time on of the local churches thinks they are the only one doing it right, just that thinking and statement sets them in a cultic direction...it is grievious to the Lord for one part of the Body to think and say that they are the only part of the Body that is doing the job. To not honor other believers is a dishonorable characteristic...and God is jealous of His whole Church, which is the Bride of His Son. He will not share His glory by letting one local church think and say dishonoring things about other parts of the body. Every time the Crossings sends out another flyier using lust, division, separation, bragging, enticement, bribery, and speaking evil of the church (like saying "Four Things God Hates About The Church), that church is doing evil! Anytime someone tries to reach the lost by becoming vulgar, it violates God's Word like Phil. 4:8...alittle poop in one's conversation and presentation makes it all poopy!
C D Prince

United States

#499 Mar 27, 2011
Actually...when one thinks of it...Solid Rock is one of the end results of "doing church" is a cultic, "we are the only ones doing it right way", kind of way...it shows where a local church can end up when it violates the Word and the leader mismanages and leads people toward him rather than the Word. The Crossings is a new version of the old...fast growth, watered-down message with lots of easy grace and little consecration, critisize the other local church, claim that they "don't do church", when in fact they, along with everyone else, is doing church, etc, etc. Crossings is just a new version of doing church...won't be long they might be handing out Rob Bells new book, he too doesn't "do church" the same way others do it! The phrase "The Church For Those Who Don't Do Church" is misleading and a lie...cause Crossing does do church...but their version is to put down others who "do". It's the same as the present leadership of Solid Rock and it is not pleasing to the Lord. I certainly don't speak for the Lord...only His Word does...and Phil 4:8 sets a standard that both Solid Rock and Crossings publicly and in their literature violate. Both churches lead people in the direction of dull ears!
WHAT

United States

#500 Mar 27, 2011
C D Prince wrote:
Actually...when one thinks of it...Solid Rock is one of the end results of "doing church" is a cultic, "we are the only ones doing it right way", kind of way...it shows where a local church can end up when it violates the Word and the leader mismanages and leads people toward him rather than the Word. The Crossings is a new version of the old...fast growth, watered-down message with lots of easy grace and little consecration, critisize the other local church, claim that they "don't do church", when in fact they, along with everyone else, is doing church, etc, etc. Crossings is just a new version of doing church...won't be long they might be handing out Rob Bells new book, he too doesn't "do church" the same way others do it! The phrase "The Church For Those Who Don't Do Church" is misleading and a lie...cause Crossing does do church...but their version is to put down others who "do". It's the same as the present leadership of Solid Rock and it is not pleasing to the Lord. I certainly don't speak for the Lord...only His Word does...and Phil 4:8 sets a standard that both Solid Rock and Crossings publicly and in their literature violate. Both churches lead people in the direction of dull ears!
Sound like alot of double talk to me....
Susie

United States

#501 Mar 27, 2011
It's amazing to me how these pastors dupe the members into believing that if they left that bad things will happen to them but the ones that stay look at the things that are happening to them there is no way that God would want anyone to lose their homes while the pastor still has his what kind of men or woman are these people always asking for mo money mo money mo money
Susie

United States

#502 Mar 27, 2011
And dufresne is the ring leader he goes from church to church teaching these pastors how to fleece the flock so the pastors can get the money n give it to him what a shame a crying dirty shame
HOLY Laughter

Willmar, MN

#503 Mar 27, 2011
Wow, there is a total of 6 viewers including me watching this "Holy Ghost" service that consists of people laughing, wooping, and kids putting money in bill's pocket, well change anyway, we have to assume he has already taken all there parent's money so they are left to giveing away their last bit of change. However it is funny that instead of study and give any kind of intelligent sermon or message out of the Bible Bill just wanders around and says hallelujah over and over and babbles and stutters. The best statement he made however, "The best heritage a father can leave for his son is to listen and obey the Holy Ghost" well very true Bill, maybe you should have followed that before you went and married your sons wife and attempted to steal his daughter too. They keep saying this year will be different, so does that mean prison or are they talking about the sherriff sales on all the staff's houses or is he going to stop stealing money, there are so many things that could be different Seriously, what are these people thinking and why would you follow such a diluted person? I don't know but my pastors name is kermit the frog and my best friend is a tomato, so what do I know. So I think I can officially be a member of Solid Rock Church.
Rev Edward G Palmer

Willmar, MN

#504 Mar 28, 2011
FYI - My ministry fund balance for supporting Andrew's legal bills for his custody fight has been zeroed out. There was a total of $40 and I added an additional $10 and then transferred the balance of $50 to Andrew last week to help pay his legal bills in the custody case he has filed.

I have been asked once again about how to donate to help Andrew with his custody battle. You can do this at http://www.james417.org/paypay_view.html . Simply click on the donate button. This is a place to donate via PayPal specifically to help Andy with legal costs. There are NO administration costs and 100% of all donations will be transferred to Andrew ASAP. The fund is administered by myself through my own ministry and is totally anonymous. MEANING you will NEVER have to have your name exposed to peering cult eyes under any circumstances.

I have come to believe that Andy and his two sisters [Mindy and Emily] may be too uncomfortable asking for your help in this matter.

Therefore, I am asking for all who love Andy and would like to see him obtain custody of his daughter Natalia to step forward and help him pay his legal bills. If all of you who loved Andy would donate $20 to him, I believe he would have enough money to pay his attorneys and win his custody battle.[NOTE: Bill Matthews will suck money out of his cult members to fight tooth and nail against Andy. Including fabricating false accusations and even false witnesses to support the false accusations. That much you can count on from this cult leader.]

The donations are collected by Apostle Ministry, Inc. via PayPal and as I mentioned earlier, Andy, Mindy and Emily will be granted full access to my ministry donation records. Therefore, there is a 100% accountability with this effort to help Andy.

PLEASE consider helping this young man. Andy needs your help. In addition, please pass along the word throughout your network and on Facebook, etc. to your friends. I do not know of any other case, where a father has stolen his son's wife and seeks to program his own granddaughter into calling him daddy and to call her own daddy uncle. It is truly a perversion of all that is holy in family relationships.

Ergo, it is time for all of us to think about helping Andrew.

May God truly bless all of you who decide to give to and otherwise to support Andrew. And, if you have a way to give directly to Andrew, feel free to do that.

Blessings,

Edward

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Appletime Child Care Inc Aug 19 Jonikki 2
Cathy Kirka Aug 19 R Danials 1
Accident on hwy10 Aug 17 Zhumba3 1
Minnesota primary is Tuesday; here's what you n... Aug '14 invest in SD 6
Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
Minneapolis: Epic Nightclub shooting victim ID'd (Nov '13) Jul '14 TLJ 23
Waiting lists developing at Art & Science Acade... Jun '14 Art and Science A... 1
•••
•••
•••

Elk River Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Elk River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••