So far, no criminal charges in Elk Ri...

So far, no criminal charges in Elk River High hazing

There are 2 comments on the StarTribune story from Aug 27, 2010, titled So far, no criminal charges in Elk River High hazing. In it, StarTribune reports that:

No one so far has shown any interest in pursuing criminal charges relating to Elk River High School hazing incidents, the Elk River chief of police said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at StarTribune.

Diane S

United States

#1 Aug 30, 2010
We lived in the Elk River area for over 20 years & my husband & I worked there all those years. How can something like the HS Varsity football players hazing even happen in the first place. That kind of behavior cannot be deemed "just having fun" when it disturbs or hurts another person & it is not just a "boys will be boys" kind of thing either. These young men will someday possibly be leading our country. I don't know about anyone there but I don't think that kind of person can be trusted. We retired to New Mexico & believe it or not it was on my local noon news. I was just shocked & surprised that it made it clear down here so I imagine it will be on the national news tonight.It really sickens me to hear such things. My two sons went to ER HS & believe me they would not have ever done anything like that nor would they have gotten off scott free if they had. Shame on you guys for doing what you did & shame on you coaches & parents for allowing it to happen & don't you dare say it's a racial problem. This is a huge problem just like bullying & that is supposed to zero tolerance in schools so this incident should qualify under the same guidelines just maybe tougher outcome because they are old enough to know better & respect their teammates. Cover it up Elk River HS...you're good at doing that. Now I imagine we'll never hear of the outcome either. The County Attorney needs to speak up for those who were hurt & make sure it doesn't happen again. Good luck & God bless.
Bus Driver

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Aug 31, 2010
Diane S wrote:
We lived in the Elk River area for over 20 years & my husband & I worked there all those years. How can something like the HS Varsity football players hazing even happen in the first place. That kind of behavior cannot be deemed "just having fun" when it disturbs or hurts another person & it is not just a "boys will be boys" kind of thing either. These young men will someday possibly be leading our country. I don't know about anyone there but I don't think that kind of person can be trusted. We retired to New Mexico & believe it or not it was on my local noon news. I was just shocked & surprised that it made it clear down here so I imagine it will be on the national news tonight.It really sickens me to hear such things. My two sons went to ER HS & believe me they would not have ever done anything like that nor would they have gotten off scott free if they had. Shame on you guys for doing what you did & shame on you coaches & parents for allowing it to happen & don't you dare say it's a racial problem. This is a huge problem just like bullying & that is supposed to zero tolerance in schools so this incident should qualify under the same guidelines just maybe tougher outcome because they are old enough to know better & respect their teammates. Cover it up Elk River HS...you're good at doing that. Now I imagine we'll never hear of the outcome either. The County Attorney needs to speak up for those who were hurt & make sure it doesn't happen again. Good luck & God bless.
Nobodys cares what you thinking abouts!!
Shame on yous too old retiring peoples. Stay aways from our homes!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Hockey Arena Jan 25 Matslinger 1
Oven/stove problems please help Dec '17 Mlhafermann 1
News Big Lake officer embroiled in department contro... (Sep '08) Oct '17 sheila christenson 33
News Anoka County / Baby sitter charged in child sex... (Apr '08) Sep '17 Patty 44
News Man broke into St. Paul police station, stole p... (Aug '17) Aug '17 TheRealTruth 1
Slave sex ring (Jul '17) Jul '17 mary 1
News House passes bill toughening penalties for prot... (Apr '17) Jul '17 Defeat Maxine Waters 11

Elk River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elk River Mortgages