Next Last
Questions

United States

#1 Feb 27, 2010
Anybody have a clue as to why?
Granny

United States

#2 Feb 27, 2010
I'll bet Dr. Lawrence knows. She left all her patients high and dry.
Conan

United States

#3 Feb 28, 2010
Dr. Lawrence should know........he fired her.
ANNE

United States

#4 Feb 28, 2010
I heard she left because her husband took a job in Indiana. I for one will greatly miss her. Just wish she had given more notice so I could have had more time to find another female doctor.
Happy

United States

#5 Feb 28, 2010
She may have been a good doctor and good with her patients but I'm sure the employees at Elk Rapids Family Practice are breathing a sigh of relief. She was responsible for the large turnover since returning to the practice.......no more fear of loosing their jobs. I'm very happy for them. Best news I've heard in a long time!
Happy

United States

#6 Feb 28, 2010
Oh.....and Conan. I think you may be right since Dr. Reye was not the type to leave her patients "high and dry". Very interesting.
Nicole

Gaylord, MI

#9 Mar 1, 2010
In response to DNA,Prior to 2006, ERFP was a "family" practice and the staff were "family". That is the way the patients wanted it. If they wanted a "business" type practice they could have went to Traverse City. Only one person wanted it to change and that was Dr. Nancy Reye when she came back.
As to Dr. Nancy having her own problems, such as her husband losing his job, what about all the people that Dr. Nancy got rid of one way or another? Talk about karma.
And Dr. Lawrence not standing behind his staff when they were picked off one by one by her, some being there 10 years, got what he deserved too.
HIPPA violations??? That is a big accusation, and not substaniated. Seems like she used one excuse after another to get rid of who she wanted to.
Do you really think it was all the previous employees that was the problem or just the one person who was at the root of it all?
DNA

Kalkaska, MI

#10 Mar 1, 2010
Nicole wrote:
In response to DNA,Prior to 2006, ERFP was a "family" practice and the staff were "family". That is the way the patients wanted it. If they wanted a "business" type practice they could have went to Traverse City. Only one person wanted it to change and that was Dr. Nancy Reye when she came back.
As to Dr. Nancy having her own problems, such as her husband losing his job, what about all the people that Dr. Nancy got rid of one way or another? Talk about karma.
And Dr. Lawrence not standing behind his staff when they were picked off one by one by her, some being there 10 years, got what he deserved too.
HIPPA violations??? That is a big accusation, and not substaniated. Seems like she used one excuse after another to get rid of who she wanted to.
Do you really think it was all the previous employees that was the problem or just the one person who was at the root of it all?
You obviously need a real education about running a business. Call it what you want it's still a business...you know rent, payrolls, equipment, insurance, billing, collections, taxes, payroll taxes, etc. And gee...there's a reasonable expectation from the employer that employees might actually work to the employers expectations...and if that's expecting too much find another place of employment. Get real!
The Bloom is Off the Rose

United States

#12 Mar 1, 2010
The sad thing about the whole Nancy/Jim lashup is how many good, decent, hard working people were hurt and injured by the fall out of their unholy alliance.

And Nancy, you can rest assured the good people in the front office there were/are very sensitive to their obligations, not just under HIPPA rules, but more importantly, insofar as good old honest individual integrity is concerned......something you don't have a clue about.
I-CONCUR

Ellsworth, MI

#13 Mar 1, 2010
TO: The Bloom is Off the Rose
SAD BUT TRUE!
YOU ARE VERY CORRECT ABOUT EVERYTHING!
Parker

Traverse City, MI

#14 Mar 1, 2010
Well it's time to pull the hell out and head to TC. Sounds like some employees on here...
Karma Lover

Interlochen, MI

#15 Mar 2, 2010
Well, well, well....ain't Karma a Bitch? Nancy Reye has played with the lives of 9 former employees that I can count, and yes I am one of them. ERFP was a home filled with good and honest people who cared deeply for the patients both professionally and personally. And then came Nancy Reye. This woman had a definate plan and agenda from the start and their was nothing good or honest about it. It was clear from the start that you could be one of "her people" or you could be on the short list. Some of us have too much integrity and loyalty to sit back and watch her agenda unfold-and she did have her own plans from the start. I know that Jackie would be disgusted to know what Nancy Reye has said about and done to Jim and the employees of ERFP that she loved. My wish is that ERFP can return to it's roots and move on. I'm still trying. I'm just one of the MANY statistics Nancy created. Good riddance Nancy Reye-Indiana can have you!!!
Peace out Dr Douche

Interlochen, MI

#16 Mar 2, 2010
Well being one of Dr. Reyes former patients I am truely happy to see her gone! From the beggining she treated me with disrespect and I soon switched doctors. I love ERFP and its a much more enjoyable place to be with her out of the picture and i'm so happy that they ladies that work there can go back to working in peace.
Karma Lover

Interlochen, MI

#17 Mar 2, 2010
Nicole wrote:
Seems pretty obvious...too bad it took so long to figure her out.
Nuff Said

Traverse City, MI

#18 Mar 2, 2010
I think this whole topic has become a waste of time. She's gone, Dr Lawrence and staff are moving on, and what will be... will be. As this bickering goes on, you must remember she is gone and that is all that matters. There is nothing anyone can do about it. So just stop all this nonsense and go back to your own lives. Oh! and for the record, I AM GLAD SHE IS GONE! That's all I'm going to say, as I have a life that has more important issues that require my attention. One again, I suggest the rest of you move on as well.
Hunter

United States

#19 Mar 2, 2010
Well, "Nuff Said," very magnanimous of you.

I guess it's easy to be forgiving when you apparently weren't a target of such an arrogant, self-centered cretin like Nancy. She is the epitome of a small-minded individual with a little power who took great delight in exercizing it and in the process, abusing others who were unable to protect themselves from her evil designs.

And the really sad part is the one person who could have done something about it, Dr. James "Wimpy" Lawrence, choose to ignore it....."You know how Jim is, he just can't deal with conflict." He turned his head and let her abuse good, honest, hardworking people who, for years, had been loyal and supportive of him. Dr. Two-faced.....so much for all the balogna he's been shoveling out in this community for so long.

There. That's my two cents. It's off my chest so I'll take your advice "Nuff Said", and "move on."

But don't be surprised if there are a few others who may have a few things to say too.
No her

United States

#20 Mar 3, 2010
I for knows she does not tell the truth. Whether she was a good doctor or not I cannot say, but a good person NO!
No her

United States

#21 Mar 3, 2010
Not a good person. She lies to benifit herself and her agenda. Whether or not she is a good doctor I do not know but a good person NO!
Nicole

Interlochen, MI

#22 Mar 3, 2010
In response to Nuff said, being a former ERFP employee that was affected by Dr. Nancy Reye, we all have moved on with our lives but the way this whole thing played out is like vindication and justice served for all of us.

This whole discussion has been very therapuetic for me and I am sure everyone else who were one of her targets.
Karma Lover

Interlochen, MI

#23 Mar 3, 2010
Nuff Said wrote:
I think this whole topic has become a waste of time. She's gone, Dr Lawrence and staff are moving on, and what will be... will be. As this bickering goes on, you must remember she is gone and that is all that matters. There is nothing anyone can do about it. So just stop all this nonsense and go back to your own lives. Oh! and for the record, I AM GLAD SHE IS GONE! That's all I'm going to say, as I have a life that has more important issues that require my attention. One again, I suggest the rest of you move on as well.
I do agree that it is time to move on...but it is easy to say that if your life hasn't been personally changed because of her. There are no jobs in MI and it is just not that easy to move on...you become bitter once you realize she has not only messed with you but the existence of your whole family. Moving on is great, but it's nice to have a place to finally vent on what this woman did to so many.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thieves in the area Jul '16 stuckduck 2
Best internet service for Rapid City? Jun '16 mjrtom7 1
News Crusty brown algae mats growing in pristine Mic... Apr '16 focus 1
Vote For Donald Trump Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Michigan sees heavy snow in places, bitter-cold... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Sneaky Pete 1
Justin---- Kalkaska Accident (Apr '08) Jan '16 aaa 167
News Restoration of Lake Michigan reef seeks to help... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Sneaky Pete 1

Elk Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elk Rapids Mortgages