Thune: No link between oil amendment,...

Thune: No link between oil amendment, donation

There are 1 comment on the Argus Leader story from Jun 16, 2007, titled Thune: No link between oil amendment, donation. In it, Argus Leader reports that:

“There has been no coordination regarding this project and (Wednesday's) amendment - period.”

Despite a contribution from the chairman of the company behind the proposed Elk Point oil refinery, Sen. via Argus Leader

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Argus Leader.

Randy Amundson

United States

#1 Jun 22, 2007
I am amazed that the editor who composed this editorial didn't even bother to read my letters. I believe that if he had,he might not have allowed the emotions of the issue to shine through so glaringly in his piece.

To be characterized as paranoid and suffering from a false sense of importance is a relatively staggering diagnosis coming from someone not trained to make those calls. Especially when he admits to knowing nothing regarding the content of the articles he supposedly bases these judgements on. I will attest to the fact that I have never met Mr. Lias. Wouldn't know him if he walked in my place of business tomorrow. He sure seems to know me pretty well considering the facts above.

I merely would like Senator Johnson to spend just a small portion of the time he is spending doing Senate work at home; entertaining fellow legislators at dinner parties; visiting with friends [Tony Dean (Sonja J. Dean is Senator Johnson's scheduling staffer)]; meeting with his chief of staff and working on getting better; talking to the people he represents in South Dakota to ease their concerns regarding his ability to represent them. He hasn't voted since before the first of the year. We've heard from Drey Samuelson, Julianne Fisher, Tony Dean, his physicians, Harry Reid, Stephanie Herseth, Mr. Tom Daschle and probably others, but we haven't heard from Tim. I think it's strange. I don't think there is any excuse. Many with whom I talk think likewise.

I haven't called anyone names, threatened anyone, lied to anyone regarding this situation, evaded any questions or failed to respond when attacked. For that I am labeled paranoid. If that be the case, possibly more of the public should be. Then, possibly, these staffers and supporters would understand that we aren't asking for much. Just a word or two of reassurance from our senator.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Combining restaurants (Aug '14) Aug '14 LivinginHawarden 1
News Irrigation Systems Target of Copper Theft Spree... (Feb '14) Feb '14 celine 1
wow che ck this out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Benito Petrulis 1
News Elk Point, SD teen faces counterfeiting charges (Apr '12) Apr '12 gene odea 1
News Lundberg Gets Maximum Prison Term In Baby Moses... (Feb '07) Jan '12 DOESNT MATTER 10
News Update on flood preparation efforts in Southeas... (Jun '11) Jun '11 June Madness 1
News Meatpacking venture eyes Union County (Apr '11) Apr '11 The Lord s Little... 1
More from around the web

Elk Point People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Elk Point Mortgages