Woman Dies After Planned Parenthood Botched Her Abortion, Congress to Investigate

Jul 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Townhall

The negligence of Planned Parenthood appears to be a contributing factor in the tragic death of 24 year old Tonya Reaves.

Comments
881 - 892 of 892 Comments Last updated Sep 20, 2012
First Prev
of 45
Next Last
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#926
Sep 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mehh wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? I said "shouldn't", as in, stating an opinion. If somebody owns a piece of property outright, they shouldn't be forced to insure it for it's value. If something happens and they lose it, tough tata's.
So you have a piece of property with your little dream house and it's all paid for. Someone visiting you is accidently in a fall and injured for life or your cute little doggie attacks a child and incures six figure doctor and hospital bills along with future surgeries. A judgement against you without insurance may leave you and your family out in the street. Is that tough tatas too?

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#927
Sep 19, 2012
 
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>So you have a piece of property with your little dream house and it's all paid for. Someone visiting you is accidently in a fall and injured for life or your cute little doggie attacks a child and incures six figure doctor and hospital bills along with future surgeries. A judgement against you without insurance may leave you and your family out in the street. Is that tough tatas too?
The problem is really where flooding and hurricane-related destruction csme into the picture. People were losing their homes and demanding compensation from the Federal government in the form of federal disaster aid, once the designation as a "disaster area" was made. Since Hurricane Andrew or so, there have been catastrophic losses, which we ALL have paid for via our taxes. I'm not sure if we were also hammered via our homeowner's insurance expenses. I believe we were, as the insurance companies had to make up for the massive payouts they made, so they spread it out.

Now those people building/buying in designated flood zones are out of luck if they don't buy federal flood insurance and don't have a mortgage company demanding it of them.

It always irked me to see people building these uber-expensive houses on the beach, only to see them destroyed and rebuilt, over and over again. Some areas simply shouldn't be built on IF the homeowner is unwilling to pay for replacement insurance. There's no reason those costs should be spread over the rest of us taxpayers or policy holders, IMO. They take the risk, they should pay the price.
LiveFreeOrDie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#928
Sep 19, 2012
 
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is really where flooding and hurricane-related destruction csme into the picture. People were losing their homes and demanding compensation from the Federal government in the form of federal disaster aid, once the designation as a "disaster area" was made. Since Hurricane Andrew or so, there have been catastrophic losses, which we ALL have paid for via our taxes. I'm not sure if we were also hammered via our homeowner's insurance expenses. I believe we were, as the insurance companies had to make up for the massive payouts they made, so they spread it out.
Now those people building/buying in designated flood zones are out of luck if they don't buy federal flood insurance and don't have a mortgage company demanding it of them.
It always irked me to see people building these uber-expensive houses on the beach, only to see them destroyed and rebuilt, over and over again. Some areas simply shouldn't be built on IF the homeowner is unwilling to pay for replacement insurance. There's no reason those costs should be spread over the rest of us taxpayers or policy holders, IMO. They take the risk, they should pay the price.
Absolutely true. If you have a beachfront property in a flood zone where the insurance is subsidiced by the rest of us, then we need to have more deregulation of insurance policies. This sounds mostly like another unfunded mandate to me.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#929
Sep 19, 2012
 
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is you who has extremely poor communication skills. You write these half-assed sentences that are just thrown together and expect everyone to fill in the blanks. We aren't mind readers. You should have specified what transpired when we first discussed this. Instead, all you did was spin and avoid and post cryptic, circular posts. You never mentioned anyone needing to bring things in the "next day," for example.
!!
Initially I said that if you end up in the hospital and have no way to pay, you will be given Medicaid insurance. I know of many people who were in that situation and that is how the cost was resolved.

Of course I was told I was wrong even though I was there, so I tried to explain further which was of course a waste of time. Her last post still says "prove it". I don't have to because it doesn't matter to anyone but the person in need.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#930
Sep 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

cpeter1313 wrote:
In this case, the paperwork might have been green-lighted by MCD because of the t4rminal nature of the illness--he certainly wasn't going to be able to get a job and help pay off the bill. But it is hardly indicative of the average experience.
<quoted text>
I also know many spanish girls who go to the nearest emergency room because they are pregnant. Guess what happens?

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#931
Sep 19, 2012
 
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I also know many spanish girls who go to the nearest emergency room because they are pregnant. Guess what happens?
The taxpayer ends up paying for it, that's what.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#932
Sep 19, 2012
 
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Initially I said that if you end up in the hospital and have no way to pay, you will be given Medicaid insurance. I know of many people who were in that situation and that is how the cost was resolved.
Of course I was told I was wrong even though I was there, so I tried to explain further which was of course a waste of time. Her last post still says "prove it". I don't have to because it doesn't matter to anyone but the person in need.
You know of "many people" who were instantly given Medicaid coverage??

Sure you do.

@@

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#933
Sep 19, 2012
 
LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely true. If you have a beachfront property in a flood zone where the insurance is subsidiced by the rest of us, then we need to have more deregulation of insurance policies. This sounds mostly like another unfunded mandate to me.
I don't know all the specifics with respect to un-mortgaged properties, but if there is a mortgage on the property, I know they are required (via the bank) to buy flood insurance now. The flood maps were also all updated and now cover a larger area, at least by me. People are upset, but it's a harsh reality.
Tondaleo

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#934
Sep 19, 2012
 
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know all the specifics with respect to un-mortgaged properties, but if there is a mortgage on the property, I know they are required (via the bank) to buy flood insurance now. The flood maps were also all updated and now cover a larger area, at least by me. People are upset, but it's a harsh reality.
You need flood insurance. The Mo river last year flooded from bluff to bluff, destroyed small towns miles from the river. People lost everything. The smell was horrid ,between dead rotting fish and rancid meat. God works wonders, in the summer this year, wild sunflowers bloomed where there were mucky
sand dunes created by the flood.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#935
Sep 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Because, you know, all hospitals have the power to grant government program eligibility.
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
You know of "many people" who were instantly given Medicaid coverage??
Sure you do.
@@

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#937
Sep 20, 2012
 
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I also know many spanish girls who go to the nearest emergency room because they are pregnant. Guess what happens?
They are offered financial aid THROUGH THE HOSPITAL, NOT THE GOV'T, and if they don't qualify, then the hospital ends up writing off the amount. They are NOT automatically put on Medicaid, as was your original assertion. And assertion you have yet to prove.
LiveFreeOrDie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#938
Sep 20, 2012
 
Well, practically speaking she is mostly correct. Whether or not they get signed up in the hospital or not is really not the point. Rather, the point is that most people that try getting it tend to get it. SOcial workers in the hospital help that to be initiated and whether or not they become eligble INSIDE the hospital or upon discharge several weeks later is therefore irrelevant.

Yes, hospitals write off some things too, but they are also good at enabling more people to get "free" healthcare.

Free in most people's minds means free, no strigns attached, no buts or ifs. Free in a liberal minds means free to you, but others wil have to pay for it.

THe problem with liberals and socialists is that eventually they run out of other people's money. That will not happen in Chicago, because there are still a lot of gullible people around who believe in the system and really think our politicians are doing as well as they can..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 45
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Elk Grove Village Forum right now

Search the Elk Grove Village Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min flack 1,079,201
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min truth 48,871
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,518
Word (Dec '08) 14 min boundary painter 4,582
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min boundary painter 4,544
Amy 7-24 33 min Toj 13
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 35 min boundary painter 1,192
•••
•••
•••
Elk Grove Village Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Elk Grove Village Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elk Grove Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Elk Grove Village News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elk Grove Village
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••