Elk Grove video gambling vote challenged

Elk Grove video gambling vote challenged

There are 1 comment on the Daily Herald story from Jun 29, 2012, titled Elk Grove video gambling vote challenged. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

A Villa Park woman is filing a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's office over an Elk Grove Village board vote to legalize video gambling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

One of Five

Palatine, IL

#1 Jun 30, 2012
Everybody need just look at this: http://www.belvideretownship.org/Attorney%20G...

Just one month ago, on May 14, 2012 the Illinois Attorney General found the City of Belvidere to have violated the Open Meetings Act for exactly the same thing.

However, in the case of Belvidere, they wound up tabling the matter that was discussed which was not on the agenda. The AG stated that because of that (no final action was taken) no remedial action was necessary. However, in the case of Elk Grove Village, final action was taken. I guess we'll be seeing a new vote sometime in the near future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk Grove Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,382,900
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min IB DaMann 59,467
last post wins! (Dec '10) 21 min They cannot kill ... 2,040
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 38 min GEORGIA 8,399
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 41 min Sublime1 101,965
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Dr Guru 214,363
Politics? 1 hr Ferretman 52
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elk Grove Village Mortgages