Teacher Pleads Guilty To Changing Students' Grades

Feb 24, 2012 Full story: CBS Local 15

Antioch teacher Sara Glashagel has been charged with computer tampering for allegedly changing the grades of several student athletes.

Full Story

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 25, 2012
What a stupid mistake she made. Very sad for all involved.
Five -Uh O

Morris, IL

#2 Feb 25, 2012
1 year probation and 80 hours of community service, what a joke. This sends the wrong message to the students that you can cheat and get away with it with a slap on the hand. I hope her community service is cleaning the sides of the roads in Antioch or the public toilets around Antioch.
Mystery Man

Fox Lake, IL

#3 Feb 25, 2012
I have my own thoughts about jail and punishment.
I don't think we need to really lock up non violent criminals.
Instead we can punish them just as much in other ways.

In her case never allowing her to work at a school or any job that involves kids all the way up to age 18.
Give her 5 years of every weekend working at homeless shelters, senior centers, cleaning up the streets etc.
5 years of that will certainly sink in on her. As will never working with kids again.

The jails and prisons are overcrowed.
And because of that violent criminals are often let out early.
By changing it so only the violent ones are behind bars would eliminate the overcrowding.
Thus the violent ones could then spend their entire time behind bars.

I'm also against time off for good behavior.
There should be no rewards for being in jail.
They should serve their full sentence whatever it is. Same with non violent ones too.

I'm not in favor of plea deals either.
If the cops/prosecutors knew they had to go to court over the arrest they would make darn sure they had enough evidence to convict. So no more deals.

I'm very bothered by juries that say all the wanted was to hear the person confess or say they were sorry. Or worse they wantted to set an example.
Hey jury your job is just to find them innocent or guilty and nothing else.
I'm really bothered by seeing them on tv after the trail too. You civil duty is over with go back to your life.
And yes i've been on jury duty twice.
Street Dude

Round Lake, IL

#4 Feb 25, 2012
I agree with you regarding jurors.....no tv ever. Also no live court feeds. Record it an show it after the verdict. Kill this
trend of 'trial by media'.
Mystery Man

Fox Lake, IL

#5 Feb 26, 2012
Street Dude wrote:
I agree with you regarding jurors.....no tv ever. Also no live court feeds. Record it an show it after the verdict. Kill this
trend of 'trial by media'.
good points.
I would add NO TAKING NOTES DURING THE TRIAL
When i was on a trial we asked the judge for a copy of the transcript as some on the jury wanted to relate back specifically to points made in testomony.
The judge refused.
The judge said its up to us to use our judgement of the facts as they were PRESENTED AT TRIAL.
That was a wake up call for us in that jury.

I'm aso against tv taping.
It causes people to play for the camera instead of being serious about what is going on.
I sure would hate to have my life held in the balance of a tv camera.
Cheaters

Alsip, IL

#6 Feb 26, 2012
Her & her head coach husband should be in Jail and banned from teaching.
Cheaters never win! That is the message that should be sent to the students. Cheaters should do jail time, especially when they care for the education of children ( at Tax payers expense).

Did they Cheat to get their teaching degree?
Mystery Man

Fox Lake, IL

#7 Feb 27, 2012
Cheaters wrote:
Her & her head coach husband should be in Jail and banned from teaching.
Cheaters never win! That is the message that should be sent to the students. Cheaters should do jail time, especially when they care for the education of children ( at Tax payers expense).
Did they Cheat to get their teaching degree?
I think its a given that they would have cheated to aquire their degree and towards getting a job.
But again i think there's a better way to punish non violent criminals then with jail.
I prefer to use jail for those that are a threat to society, have actually pysically harmed someone, or are stalking/harassing someone.
Use jail for them and for the max time without any parole.
For no violent crimals there's plenty of just punishment things they can be doing that would also benefit others.
Such as working at a soup kitchen, hospital, senior center, trash collecting, painting public buildings, and of course paying off their fines by selling their processions.
In their case and in similar cases they should forever be barred from any job involving kids under age 18.
pritnman

Elmwood Park, IL

#8 Feb 27, 2012
Let's examine this just a bit. She lost her job, She was arrested, She now has a conviction on her record. She will probably never get to teach again. She's destined to min wage jobs for the rest of her life. Maybe you'd be happier if she was drawn & quartered for the inexcusable offense of changing grades.
Mystery Man

Fox Lake, IL

#9 Feb 27, 2012
pritnman wrote:
Let's examine this just a bit. She lost her job, She was arrested, She now has a conviction on her record. She will probably never get to teach again. She's destined to min wage jobs for the rest of her life. Maybe you'd be happier if she was drawn & quartered for the inexcusable offense of changing grades.
who are you refering your comments to ?
Cheaters for example thought she should get jail time.
Five -Uh O thought her sentence was to light.
Only i said she should NOT get jail but should get a still penalty using other methods.

Probably never teach again is probably right.
She can easily cross into another state and be allowed to teach again.
It has happened to others.
MY COMMENTS WERE
In her case never allowing her to work at a school or any job that involves kids all the way up to age 18.

I don't care if she stays on min wage or eventually improves her life.

MY OTHER COMMENT WAS
"Give her 5 years of every weekend working at homeless shelters, senior centers, cleaning up the streets etc."

I think the 5 years every weekend AND never again working with kids is far more devastating for someone like her then any jail sentence would be.
Especially since she didn't even get jail she got probation.

BTW its spelled printman not pritnman.
LOL i should know i was one.
Mystery Man

Fox Lake, IL

#10 Feb 27, 2012
oops typo should be
stiff penalty
not still penalty
see even i make typos
Sarah

Columbus, OH

#11 Feb 28, 2012
She did get off very lighly, but you're right MM - jail is not the answer
Cheaters

Alsip, IL

#12 Feb 28, 2012
She might of stole a Future.
Most Football teams have limited amount of players.
So basically she decided who could and couldn't play.
She decided which kid could excel by cheating.

What about the kids who had the grades and abilities that didn't make the Teams? What about their families who guided them to study hard and practice hard? Many families that have spent many hours and years on their Childrens future in education and Sports.

And she gets to decide who can Play? She gets to decide the Future of the ones that didn't make the team?
She should of done Jail time.
Really

Morris, IL

#13 Feb 28, 2012
I see lap and table dances from her in the future!
mixedemotions

United States

#14 Feb 29, 2012
Is On the border looking for additional females?
kicky

Lake Villa, IL

#15 Mar 20, 2012
omg who cares> i mdae mistakes and paying for it everone lie, cheats and sin just ask GOD for forgivness!!! he will forgive you!
Promise

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk Grove Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Emeem 1,152,947
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,685
Deat Abby 12-16 25 min PEllen 45
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 33 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,874
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 1 hr Taint Shield 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr kal 49,174
best joke (Oct '09) 2 hr Always Smile 526

Elk Grove Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elk Grove Village News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elk Grove Village

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:31 am PST

NBC Sports11:31AM