Big Blue Flash of light near sacramento

Posted in the Elk Grove Forum

justone

Sacramento, CA

#1 May 3, 2011
Did anyone see a huge dome shape flash of blue light near sacramento on May 2, 2011?

I live in Dixon and on May 2 around 1:30 in the morning, me and my sister were walking home and we noticed the street light were flickering alot and then we seen a huge flash of light that lit up the sky and it was near the sacramento area, the first flash did not last long but we seen it so clear and it was huge, and we seen the flash 2 times. I do not know about what it was, but I do not me and my sister seen something strange, for us it was real strange. We have never seen anything like that!
Hannah

Kitchener, Canada

#2 Aug 7, 2011
That is so strange, the same thing just happened to me. I live an hour from Toronto and it happened at like 1:30 - 2:00 am here. there was a big blue flash and it made a loud POOFFing sound. I have no idea what it could be...
justone

Dixon, CA

#3 Aug 14, 2011
I am glad I am not the only one out there who seen something like this. I feel much better>

Thank You for telling me!
Visitor

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Sep 28, 2011
I saw something very similar from my house in Venice Beach, California. It was 4:00am Friday morning, September 23, 2011. I woke up to a sudden wind that was unbelievably strong. When I got out of bed to calm my puppies down I looked north towards Santa Monica and saw this bright blue flash of light. It filled the sky. Would love to know what it was.
John M

Carmichael, CA

#5 Dec 16, 2011
It was Thursday December 15th 2011 in Sacramento at around 6:30 pm and I was driving home from work facing north and all of the sudden a huge blue flash of light just lit up the sky. It was hard to tell how far away it was but it sure caught my attention. I have never seen anything like it.
Dick

New York, NY

#6 Dec 17, 2011
The Martians are here with us.
idk

Sacramento, CA

#7 Aug 4, 2012
i have video of it...it looks very qeird i seen it last week to
JBM

Kent, WA

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Like 4:30 5:00am huge bright blue flash over west sac it left a tracer as it burnt out fast and violent what ever it was it was really bright
Upagainstit

Raleigh, NC

#9 Jan 17, 2013
JBM wrote:
Like 4:30 5:00am huge bright blue flash over west sac it left a tracer as it burnt out fast and violent what ever it was it was really bright
Yeah, we were driving south on hwy 99 from yuba city towards sacramento, about 5:10 and saw a bright white center flash, with a bluish hue surrounding it then it seemed to explode at about a forty five degree angle in a sort o disk formation. Like looking at a hubble space photograph for a split second then it quickly dissipated. Not sure if I was looking at smoke, or just low clouds since it was pretty foggy coming into work this morning.

Since: May 07

Sacramento, CA

#10 Jan 17, 2013
A quick Google search shows that people have been reporting seeing these blue flashes all across the country recently. I personally have not witnessed it, but it sounds very interesting. Government testing something maybe, or possibly something to do with the solar storms??
cheryl

Sacramento, CA

#11 Jan 17, 2013
JBM wrote:
I saw it too... Im in North Sac, it was 5:20am January 17th, 2013. Did you ever find out what it was?
Justone

Dixon, CA

#13 Jan 18, 2013
I am the one that started this post and I have not seen one of the blue flash things again. The first one was strange and I do not care to see another one. Some people have told me it could have came from a transformer that went out, I am not sure if that would make such a big strange flash that could be seen from a long ways away. and why would it look blue and sit way up in the sky for a bit like a soft glowing shield and then go away without any fire or something burring at the bottom, on the ground. I just think that if something went out, blew up, there would be a fire on the ground still. I could be wrong but I do not know!
cheryl

Sacramento, CA

#14 Jan 18, 2013
I do not believe it was any type of transfomer blowing. It was too far up in the sky and it didnt just "blow". I read that it was seen as far away as Monterey CA. They (the science guys) say it was a "fireball".
Clay

Greenwood, CA

#16 Jan 18, 2013
I was driving east on Dillard Rd from Hwy 99 and saw the big blue flash between 0515 and 0525am. It was too big to be a transformer, this light up the whole horizon.
joe sixpak

Gardnerville, NV

#17 Jan 18, 2013
I seen this huge thing, it was all orange, red, and green; cigar-shaped. It was breathing fire. Thats all I know.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#18 Jan 19, 2013
joe sixpak wrote:
I seen this huge thing, it was all orange, red, and green; cigar-shaped. It was breathing fire. Thats all I know.
Were you at K Mart again all doped up? It was just the Blue light special.
marcus martinez

Stockton, CA

#19 Feb 4, 2013
did any one see the blue light like a spot light last year around october. i was traveling back to sacramento from marysville. it was by the airport i thoght it was some kind of new police light but it was a UFO.
Chris T

Sacramento, CA

#20 Apr 24, 2013
I live in Dixon as well, and saw this happen last night (4.24.13) at 12:35am. It was bright enough to turn off all of the street lights, and close enough that I could hear what sounded like a piece of plywood falling down followed by a gibbering mumbling sound from the sky where it happened.
Marcus

Stockton, CA

#21 Jul 6, 2013
I was in coming from Marysville, seen a blue light like a spot light from a distance then as we got closer it was over the freeway hovering we got so close we drove under the light, I was already sticking my head out the window , my friend who is driving said I was as blue as the light. We both have never seen it again traveling at later dates. It was a few years ago. Didn't see a shape almost like it was invisible with a bright blue light shooting out.. What is it?
ChrisT

Placerville, CA

#22 Sep 3, 2014
I live in Dixon, and on May 25th at 12:35am there was a VERY bright whitish-blue flash coming from something about 30-50 feet above and behind me. I was leaning against my car parked on the street texting, and when this thing happened I couldn't even see my hand holding the phone less than a foot from my face. As the light went away (took about as long as a bolt of lightning) all of the street lights were out but none of the house lights in any of the houses. In my vision was the burned-in image of my phone and the reflection of what looked like a sphere with veins running around it. There was a sound like a door falling flat on its face, then a second or two later a mumbling sound coming from there. The mumbling sound scared me, and I ran inside. I have developed cataracts in the eye that caught the image of it, and all of the tattoos on my upper body (exposed above the top of the car I was leaning on) faded almost entirely out over a period of a month. I advise that you don't try to get close to one of these, if you can avoid it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Corner Coffee Shop: The new NOTHING Thread (Jan '08) 1 hr teatotingtick 6,779
White Guys: Would you date a black girl? Elaborate (Nov '07) Fri Taylor 5,297
News Vacaville schools official: Measure A projects ... Fri Birds Landing Bob 1
Varekai from Cirque du Soleil is coming to town... Mar 24 malloryciliberti 1
fema kidnaping of homeless people Mar 22 Disgusted 5
Jeff Kalber/ jtanner/jk eipper Feb 27 FDC47 1
Review: Grizzly Vanlines Feb '15 Nick R 4
Elk Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elk Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance