Small town tragedy

Small town tragedy

There are 4 comments on the Roanoke Times story from Dec 16, 2007, titled Small town tragedy. In it, Roanoke Times reports that:

Neither death nor destruction will dissolve this tiny Grayson County town. Fries, population 690, is certainly as enduring as the New River that curls around its edge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roanoke Times.

queeniebee1951

AOL

#1 Dec 21, 2007
This was a terrible thing to have happen to any town, and we need to pray for the poor woman who was in the car,cause that would bear heavy on the mind, so please ask for God to help her through this.
Fries resident

Winchester, VA

#2 Jan 17, 2008
queeniebee1951 wrote:
This was a terrible thing to have happen to any town, and we need to pray for the poor woman who was in the car,cause that would bear heavy on the mind, so please ask for God to help her through this.
I agree, I cant imagine having had been the one to have that burden on my shoulders. I think most people know that it was just that, an accident. I myself have prayed for her and all the victims including the employees of the cafe.
Rose

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Oct 20, 2009
The woman who hit the tanks was my mother. And yes believe me it weighs heavy on all of our hearts. I can not begin to express my compassion and sympathy for the Leonard and Martin families. I know that the lives of their families have forever been changed. Our thoughts and prayers are with them everyday.
dangme

Easley, SC

#4 Oct 12, 2011
I used to live in fries and went to school with some Leonards may I ask what happened and who you are talking about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Charged With Shooting The Mother of His Two... (Apr '06) Mon Keaton stroupe 16
Cab May 19 Windjammer 1
Robin ring? Who knows her ? May 13 Speak-the-truth 30
News Wythe County teacher charged with sex with student (Jan '06) Apr 28 Leo Moran 112
Dead beat mother Apr '17 Noel 2
Steve richardson (Mar '16) Apr '17 Big Boy 38 3
North River Correctional Center Mar '17 Blabbermouthbuddy 1

Elk Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elk Creek Mortgages