Beckham County Jail
Pondering

United States

#1 Aug 11, 2012
Was trolling through the Sayre topix and come across this subject. Wanted to see if Elk City had the same thoughts on it as Sayre did.
Taxpayer

United States

#2 Aug 12, 2012
The new jail was built several years ago and is a nice facility.

Elk City, OK

#3 Aug 12, 2012
Is crappy... They didn't have hot water for two weeks! They get fed hot dogs 3 times a day... When inmates tells there family what goes on in there, the guards start treating them badly .... Think Scott should do something bout it! Regardless they broke the law and have to be in jail they should be treated the way they are suppose too be
Lol

United States

#4 Aug 12, 2012
[QUOTE who="...."]Is crappy... They didn't have hot water for two weeks! They get fed hot dogs 3 times a day... When inmates tells there family what goes on in there, the guards start treating them badly .... Think Scott should do something bout it! Regardless they broke the law and have to be in jail they should be treated the way they are suppose too be [/QUOTE] Oh yes! Because they're all in a place like that for being honest and telling the truth right?
JimBob

United States

#6 Aug 12, 2012
Let the thieving, dope dealing, sorry bastards starve and shave with cold water. How hard is to STAY THE HELL OUT OF JAIL?
Thrill

Yukon, OK

#7 Aug 12, 2012
[QUOTE who="...."]Is crappy... They didn't have hot water for two weeks! They get fed hot dogs 3 times a day... When inmates tells there family what goes on in there, the guards start treating them badly .... Think Scott should do something bout it! Regardless they broke the law and have to be in jail they should be treated the way they are suppose too be [/QUOTE]
At least they get water and fed 3 times a day.

Going to complain that they don't have DVR next?
baha burn

United States

#9 Aug 12, 2012
Thrill wrote:
[QUOTE who="...."]Is crappy... They didn't have hot water for two weeks! They get fed hot dogs 3 times a day... When inmates tells there family what goes on in there, the guards start treating them badly .... Think Scott should do something bout it! Regardless they broke the law and have to be in jail they should be treated the way they are suppose too be "

At least they get water and fed 3 times a day.

Going to complain that they don't have DVR next?
That's what I'm saying they have it better in jail then lots of people and have no one to blame but themselves....do you have any clue how many families would love to have 3 meals a day even if it was just hot dogs or how many people don't have running water or clothes or a blanket or roof over their head or pillow to lay on or a book to read or medical attention?!? Psh you made a highly dumb comment and your loved one is probably there because they are supposed to be there and you probably enabled them
Thrill

Yukon, OK

#10 Aug 12, 2012
baha burn wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I'm saying they have it better in jail then lots of people and have no one to blame but themselves....do you have any clue how many families would love to have 3 meals a day even if it was just hot dogs or how many people don't have running water or clothes or a blanket or roof over their head or pillow to lay on or a book to read or medical attention?!? Psh you made a highly dumb comment and your loved one is probably there because they are supposed to be there and you probably enabled them
Exactly. You have to think of the mentality of the people who end up in jail though. They almost always have an excuse and blame someone else for their actions that landed them there and just have a false sense of entitlement.

They never really grow up.

Elk City, OK

#11 Aug 12, 2012
baha burn wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I'm saying they have it better in jail then lots of people and have no one to blame but themselves....do you have any clue how many families would love to have 3 meals a day even if it was just hot dogs or how many people don't have running water or clothes or a blanket or roof over their head or pillow to lay on or a book to read or medical attention?!? Psh you made a highly dumb comment and your loved one is probably there because they are supposed to be there and you probably enabled them

Everyone makes mistakes, & yea they have to pay for em but still they should still be treated right like everyone else should!! & I didn't enable nothin I just don't turn my backs on the ones that's end there that I do know
Thrill

Yukon, OK

#12 Aug 12, 2012
[QUOTE who="...."]<quote d text>
Everyone makes mistakes, & yea they have to pay for em but still they should still be treated right like everyone else should!! & I didn't enable nothin I just don't turn my backs on the ones that's end there that I do know [/QUOTE]
Treated like everyone else? So they should just be set free?

What did you get thrown in for?

Elk City, OK

#13 Aug 12, 2012
Thrill wrote:
[QUOTE who="...."]<quote d text>
Everyone makes mistakes, & yea they have to pay for em but still they should still be treated right like everyone else should!! & I didn't enable nothin I just don't turn my backs on the ones that's end there that I do know "

Treated like everyone else? So they should just be set free?

What did you get thrown in for?
I've never been to jail!! I have a clean record thank you
ex junkie

Elk City, OK

#14 Aug 12, 2012
Let me just say I've been to jail. I was in Beckham county in the old jail. Living conditions sucked. They were over crowded and I had to sleep in the floor. The food was absolutely disgusting. And the showers were always cold. Who do I have to blame? NOBODY BUT MYSELF. It might have sucked but it was enough to make me straighten my ass up so I won't have to go back. Yes everyone makes mistakes and most people deserve a second chance, but seriously quit b!tchin and learn from your mistakes and you won't have to deal with it.
Thrill

Yukon, OK

#15 Aug 12, 2012
Then what is your buddy who is being treated unfairly in there for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has anyone else had trouble with Great Plains N... (Sep '10) 8 hr Latisha 52
News Elk City hospital accuses insurer of trying to ... Jan 16 ** 27
fantasy vapors (Jun '13) Jan 13 sayresweety 27
News Oklahoma Police: Meth Mom Molested Her Kids Whi... (Jan '14) Jan 12 Hoax News 119
hill for sledding Jan 7 Tammy 3
oopps Jan 6 Tro 5
Erin munez Jan 3 Please 1

Elk City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elk City Mortgages