Old murder case
Nope

Frisco, TX

#21 Mar 16, 2011
I use to live there to! Weird stuff ALWAYS happened and I would hear noises all the time! One night I woke up and that big window in the dining room where you can look outside all the windows were open when I already shut and locked them!!
Scary dude

United States

#22 Mar 16, 2011
Keeping The Faith wrote:
I've lived in this area most of my life. I don't remember these murders at all. I do remember all the rapes, assaults, and murders during the boom of the late 70's and early 80's. That's when every state in the nation was releasing inmates, and sending them to EC to find a job. Richard Rojem has been on death row since the mid 80's. He's the dirtbag that was released from a prison up north, and came down here. He kidnapped a seven year old girl from an EC motel, then raped and murdered her, then dumped her body near BF/ Foss. He's been on death row for over 25 years. So much for justice.
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok .us/servlet/page?_pageid=394 &_dad=portal30&_schema =PORTAL30&doc_num=146688 &offender_book_id=47278
Scary dude

United States

#23 Mar 16, 2011
dates

United States

#24 Mar 16, 2011
If he was born in "57 and it happened in '85 he was 28. Not a teenager.
X-Citian

El Reno, OK

#25 Mar 17, 2011
Scary Dude put a link to Rojem, not Robert Ward. Robert is about 40 now.
Keeping The Faith

Dallas, TX

#26 Mar 17, 2011
I hadn't seen a photo of Rojem for years, until that link was put up. Thanks. I had a relative on one of his numerous retrials. I'm going to pass that along. Rojem was close friends to the Blackstone family in BF. They were a father & son hit squad, hired by Dr Rogers (sic?) of Sentinel. The good Dr had them shotgun his former nurse/lover. She was sueing the Dr for malpractice after he operated on her knee. Seems he confused left from right, and performed surgery on the wrong one. IIRC, the Dr was the medical examiner on Rojem's murder victim,(7 yr old girl). He soon after hired Rojem's pals,(Blackstones) for his own little problem.
Beck

Elk City, OK

#27 Mar 17, 2011
He was in my class and not only did he murder those kids, he also shot his dad when he went to the house to check on Robert because he was not answering the phone. The last I heard which has been years ago, the family of the children had moved to somewhere in New Mexico....What is even more sad was they had tried for many years to have kids and after they had to two the mother was no longer able to have kids....it was horrible....
Beck

Elk City, OK

#28 Mar 17, 2011
Robert wasx not 28, we were either freshman or sophmores when he killed those kids, it must be typo error....
Beck

Elk City, OK

#29 Mar 17, 2011
Another thing I remeber was the night he killed those kids and shot his dad, the kids parents were good friends with Roberts family and the kids parents were at Roberts parents house that night playing cards with his parents. That was why Robert was watching the kids. We also found out before he killed those kids, they found a hit list of names of kids in our class and some others he was planning to kill. While in jail he wrote a few girls some letters that were in my class and what he said in them letters were sick! He was a very sick individual!
Fersure

Norman, OK

#30 Mar 17, 2011
Beck wrote:
Another thing I remeber was the night he killed those kids and shot his dad, the kids parents were good friends with Roberts family and the kids parents were at Roberts parents house that night playing cards with his parents. That was why Robert was watching the kids. We also found out before he killed those kids, they found a hit list of names of kids in our class and some others he was planning to kill. While in jail he wrote a few girls some letters that were in my class and what he said in them letters were sick! He was a very sick individual!
Gosh that's horrible.. I don't see how people can get the gut to kill somebody. Its just so messed up.
Keeping The Faith

Dallas, TX

#31 Mar 17, 2011
Why did they spare the killer's life? He had no mercy for those kids. That sick satanist Sean Sellers was given the needle for murder he committed at 16 years of age. I think he got religion in prison and wanted sympathy, but he still got the vein and drain. Rightly so, too!
you kno me

Blanchard, OK

#32 Mar 17, 2011
Nope wrote:
I use to live there to! Weird stuff ALWAYS happened and I would hear noises all the time! One night I woke up and that big window in the dining room where you can look outside all the windows were open when I already shut and locked them!!
girl i remember all the crazy stuff that happened when i would babysit u and your lil sisters and mom never believed us when we told her bout the stuff goin on
Really

Dallas, TX

#33 Mar 17, 2011
Really
Local

United States

#34 Mar 17, 2011
Beck wrote:
Robert wasx not 28, we were either freshman or sophmores when he killed those kids, it must be typo error....
Robert as listed here was born in 1969

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/pag...
question

United States

#35 Mar 18, 2011
Keeping The Faith wrote:
I hadn't seen a photo of Rojem for years, until that link was put up. Thanks. I had a relative on one of his numerous retrials. I'm going to pass that along. Rojem was close friends to the Blackstone family in BF. They were a father & son hit squad, hired by Dr Rogers (sic?) of Sentinel. The good Dr had them shotgun his former nurse/lover. She was sueing the Dr for malpractice after he operated on her knee. Seems he confused left from right, and performed surgery on the wrong one. IIRC, the Dr was the medical examiner on Rojem's murder victim,(7 yr old girl). He soon after hired Rojem's pals,(Blackstones) for his own little problem.
Was this the nurse that was found murdered north of Carter on the side of the highway?
Keeping The Faith

United States

#36 Mar 18, 2011
I think her husband murdered her. Wasn't her outline painted on the shoulder for months? Remember the woman raped and beaten on rt 66 west of Foss? It was the middle of winter, and this poor woman crawled to the fence, but couldn't make it any further. She was naked , and groggy from the beating, and froze to death. As I recall, her killer was out in no time at all. I had a friend that was a well logger on the rig that the perp worked on. He said that he wanted to call her family many times, to come out and kill the s o b. He didn't though, he felt that they would be in trouble in. I don't if he was bs-ing me or not.
Keeping The Faith

United States

#37 Mar 18, 2011
I could be wrong on the Carter murder. I remember it was months before they solved it, with all kinds of weird theories investigated. I do remember when a few bodies were dumped in the area of Parker rig 201, circa 1982, near Sayre/Carter. Wasn't it a dope dealer that committed those?
Keeping The Faith

United States

#38 Mar 18, 2011
During the murders near Parker 201, every person out there was armed to the teeth for a while. I remember a deputy came to the rig, wanting help to identify one victim. He had a poloroid photo of a guy at the morgue, on the slab. Half of his face was blown off. All they had to id the guy was a stocking cap that had Ozark something or other on it. He must have been from Arkansas? I think those killings were solved though.
Hearsay was

Chicago, IL

#39 Mar 18, 2011
The nurse north of carter was killed because she quit stealing drugs from the Elk City Hopsital for the druggies. One Therory was that Don Jameson did that killing but it was never proven.
Hearsay was

Chicago, IL

#40 Mar 18, 2011
There were also 2 bodies found by that old Cemetery SE of Carter on the curve where ya turn to go to Sentinel Also supposed to be Elk City Drug Related.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elks Millionaires 9 hr Cant name them 10
Kalbie has taddies 11 hr Juanda Carlosa 1
Looking for date tonight 12 hr Bob Up 2
Mitchell Christian marquis (Aug '14) 16 hr S Sullivan 30
Mantuna (Montana Trent) (Jul '11) 17 hr Got me wishing 25
trying to find him 19 hr Its me 9
Oilfield jobs Thu Skampy 19

Elk City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance