Yes they were all found in Dallas texas
ZZZ

Euless, TX

#161 Oct 7, 2012
Examples need to be made!
HMMMREALLY

Euless, TX

#163 Oct 7, 2012
They should all be charged with the felony and locked up for a while!!! Maybe they won't pull crap like the again. Glad they were found and pray they are all safe.
Now what?

Burns Flat, OK

#164 Oct 7, 2012
Nothing will happen to them I'm sure. They were runaways, which now a days is an everyday thing. I don't know why people wasted so much time and energy worrying about them. They are children who obviously have no respect for their family, authorities, or even other people. Otherwise they would have never done this. They obviously are not the brightest apples on the tree either. Otherwise between the 7 or 8, how ever many of them there were, they would've come up with a better plan, or better yet thought it through a little more and realized it was a dumb idea. How did they plan to survive in California in the first place half of them were 14 or 15 yrs old. They would be homeless, jobless, starving, scared (because California is not Oklahoma), or worse dead. Really don't think they thought it through. Runaway is a misdemeanor, so is UUMV (unauthorized use of motor vehicle). 1 maybe 2 of them could be charged with UUMV they might get some probation or have to report to OJA and possibly go to counseling to resolve whatever issues they think they have. But in reality it will be a good laugh for them and something their parents will be ashamed about. They will enjoy the attention they got from everyone looking for them.
If I were their parents I would probably say they need a good butt whooping, but really they should've gotten that a long time ago. Now they would have nothing, I would strip their room of everything but a bed and dresser. Give them basic clothes plain jeans, plain solid colored t shirts, plain underwear, and socks. They would have no phone no Computer, no tv unless they were with you. Take any and all luxuries away including cosmetic/hair styling products. I would take them to and from school to and from church. If I had to ask my family for help in doing these things I would. I would work their butts off. They would have a number of things they would be required to do daily. They thought life was so bad before. If they did as they were asked, showed some real responsibility and maturity I would allow them to earn things back. Maybe then they would appreciate whatever freedoms and liberties they are allowed. Too many kids are raised to think they are entitled to these things including respect. All these things are earned not owed. If as a parent u felt this was too hard for u to do and u couldn't sacrifice whatever time or energy then they will just do it again.
If they ran away again let them go. Let them see how "easy" it is to be an adult and make all their own decisions, and survive. At their age they have already decided they know it all and could survive let them see and live with whatever the outcome. Would be a hard lesson learned but still a lesson learned, better sooner than later.
oh

Elk City, OK

#165 Oct 7, 2012
[QUOTE who="Now what? "]Nothing will happen to them I'm sure. They were runaways, which now a days is an everyday thing. I don't know why people wasted so much time and energy worrying about them. They are children who obviously have no respect for their family, authorities, or even other people. Otherwise they would have never done this. They obviously are not the brightest apples on the tree either. Otherwise between the 7 or 8, how ever many of them there were, they would've come up with a better plan, or better yet thought it through a little more and realized it was a dumb idea. How did they plan to survive in California in the first place half of them were 14 or 15 yrs old. They would be homeless, jobless, starving, scared (because California is not Oklahoma), or worse dead. Really don't think they thought it through. Runaway is a misdemeanor, so is UUMV (unauthorized use of motor vehicle). 1 maybe 2 of them could be charged with UUMV they might get some probation or have to report to OJA and possibly go to counseling to resolve whatever issues they think they have. But in reality it will be a good laugh for them and something their parents will be ashamed about. They will enjoy the attention they got from everyone looking for them.
If I were their parents I would probably say they need a good butt whooping, but really they should've gotten that a long time ago. Now they would have nothing, I would strip their room of everything but a bed and dresser. Give them basic clothes plain jeans, plain solid colored t shirts, plain underwear, and socks. They would have no phone no Computer, no tv unless they were with you. Take any and all luxuries away including cosmetic/hair styling products. I would take them to and from school to and from church. If I had to ask my family for help in doing these things I would. I would work their butts off. They would have a number of things they would be required to do daily. They thought life was so bad before. If they did as they were asked, showed some real responsibility and maturity I would allow them to earn things back. Maybe then they would appreciate whatever freedoms and liberties they are allowed. Too many kids are raised to think they are entitled to these things including respect. All these things are earned not owed. If as a parent u felt this was too hard for u to do and u couldn't sacrifice whatever time or energy then they will just do it again.
If they ran away again let them go. Let them see how "easy" it is to be an adult and make all their own decisions, and survive. At their age they have already decided they know it all and could survive let them see and live with whatever the outcome. Would be a hard lesson learned but still a lesson learned, better sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

Amen!
pack thier bags

Burns Flat, OK

#166 Oct 7, 2012
When I was a kid I remember threatening to run away.. My mom packed me a bag and handed it to me and said go.
Of course I was like 9, but even at that young age I realized it was a dumb idea. Of course by then I had regular chores and responsibilities and had since I could understand what my mother meant when she said pick up toys and put them away.(toddler age) I didn't get an allowance handed to me for nothing. I didn't get an allowance for doing my chores, my parents provided a home, clothes, toys, food, a bed, tv etc, it was my responsibility to take care of what they provided and show I appreciated all they did. I earned any money by working for neighbors or doing more than I was asked I do. I realized at a young age I wasn't entitled to whatever I wanted. I watched my parents work hard and make sacrifices for us as a family, I knew things weren't easy and how hard they both worked. They set an example of what it was to be an adult. I also knew if I screwed up, I was going to be accountable and paying for it. As a teenager I didn't like having to be home by a certain time, wasn't always home when I was expected to be either but I knew to expect some repercussions for my behavior and I wasn't resentful I knew I had it coming. I also had enough love and respect to call my mom and say hey I'm gonna be late, I didn't want her sitting around wondering if I was dead or hurt.(My brother died in a car accident when I was 10 so I knew what it was like to watch a cop come to our door and have to tell my mom her son was dead) I knew my parents were looking out for me not because they wanted to control my life but because they loved me. I had freedom I earned and respect I earned.
These kids need to know they get what they deserve and right now they deserve nothing. They don't even deserve the attention of everyone they've already got.
jeff

Yukon, OK

#167 Oct 7, 2012
Who were the kids I think there's like 9 of them just going to visit a friend in loisianna. Drake Fraley zack beals amber Audrey and adub. Who else?
Michele

Euless, TX

#168 Oct 7, 2012
Very well said!!

[QUOTE who="Now what? "]Nothing will happen to them I'm sure. They were runaways, which now a days is an everyday thing. I don't know why people wasted so much time and energy worrying about them. They are children who obviously have no respect for their family, authorities, or even other people. Otherwise they would have never done this. They obviously are not the brightest apples on the tree either. Otherwise between the 7 or 8, how ever many of them there were, they would've come up with a better plan, or better yet thought it through a little more and realized it was a dumb idea. How did they plan to survive in California in the first place half of them were 14 or 15 yrs old. They would be homeless, jobless, starving, scared (because California is not Oklahoma), or worse dead. Really don't think they thought it through. Runaway is a misdemeanor, so is UUMV (unauthorized use of motor vehicle). 1 maybe 2 of them could be charged with UUMV they might get some probation or have to report to OJA and possibly go to counseling to resolve whatever issues they think they have. But in reality it will be a good laugh for them and something their parents will be ashamed about. They will enjoy the attention they got from everyone looking for them.
If they ran away again let them go. Let them see how "easy" it is to be an adult and make all their own decisions, and survive. At their age they have already decided they know it all and could survive let them see and live with whatever the outcome. Would be a hard lesson learned but still a lesson learned, better sooner than later.[/QUOTE]
mhm.

Clinton, OK

#170 Oct 7, 2012
They caught them in Dallas.
really

Oklahoma City, OK

#171 Oct 7, 2012
Anyone know any details yet?
found

Fairview, OK

#172 Oct 7, 2012
they found them
me

Clinton, OK

#173 Oct 7, 2012
Glad they are found but they need to be punished! If they are doing this crap at the age the are now they will continue until they end up in prison! They need a wake up call!
Mom

United States

#175 Oct 7, 2012
If it was my child I guarantee they wouldn't be able to sit for a month!
so

Euless, TX

#176 Oct 7, 2012
Ummm I'm related to one of the kids. They found them in sweat water going to California
lol

Oklahoma City, OK

#177 Oct 7, 2012
so why are they saying they were caught in dallas and being held in custody?
auntie

Maysville, OK

#178 Oct 7, 2012
well two of the girls parents are giong to dallas so i dont know were you got your info
stella

Dill City, OK

#179 Oct 7, 2012
so wrote:
Ummm I'm related to one of the kids. They found them in sweat water going to California

You found them in sweetwater and let them make it to Dallas? That's a 6-7 hour drive. Good job family member.
auntie

Maysville, OK

#181 Oct 7, 2012
they have to come back to ok to be charged
HMMMREALLY

Euless, TX

#183 Oct 7, 2012
kris wrote:
<quoted text>I kno, but wouldn't the cops transport em?
It's the DA's that charge them and NO the DA won't!!! He won't even prosecute adults let alone juveniles. DA is a politician and only cares about his political career. Prosecuting kids won't win him as many brownie points as letting them go will. The injustice system will fail these kids by not holding them somewhat accoun
HMMMREALLY

Euless, TX

#184 Oct 7, 2012
HMMMREALLY wrote:
<quoted text>It's the DA's that charge them and NO the DA won't!!! He won't even prosecute adults let alone juveniles. DA is a politician and only cares about his political career. Prosecuting kids won't win him as many brownie points as letting them go will. The injustice system will fail these kids by not holding them somewhat accoun
Accountable. And without charges being filed Texas cannot hold the kids and Oklahoma officers can't transport them back. Watch this whole thing will be washed!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Circle W and Whitsons 3 min Truth 7
April Ruiz 7 hr Wanna meet up 28
Sarah Isler Abortion 7 hr fedup 2
Hobbs and lovelady divorce? 8 hr M R bro 24
oil field redneck trash 9 hr Truth and justice 11
weed in elk city 10 hr yougottabekiddin 6
why do people hate the oilfield? (Jun '12) 15 hr heidi j 338
Elk City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web