kids abducted from hutches

Posted in the Elk City Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
just me

Lockhart, TX

#1 Dec 22, 2012
Anyone know any info on this!? Did the parent leave the kids in the car alone or what happened!? Thank god they found those babies!
Hmmmm

Elk City, OK

#2 Dec 22, 2012
http://thedailyelkcitian.com/elk-city-oklahom...

This article sounds like it to me! They were only in PJs too. Poor babies!
friend

United States

#3 Dec 22, 2012
Wow that who re. needs to be hung! Stealing a car is almost normal anymore but leaving a 1 yr old and 5yr old is just plain creepy unthought full disgrace for a human being!!! Poor kids I hope they find her and she resists arrest with force and they put a bullet between her eyes for doing what she did! Jail time is no punishment for someone with a heart that cold, when its this cold out side! I'm tired of our children being the ones that suffer because of digenrates like this woman
wondering

Jenks, OK

#4 Dec 22, 2012
Why was there not an Amber Alert or did she know the children.. Reading the article it didn't indicate she knew the kids or the mother.. From what I could put together the Mom left the kids in the car and she just came upon it and took the car, kids happened to be in it. I am surprised to be just hearing about this. I hope everyone thinks twice about leaving their kids in the car even for just a second. Doesn't matter if your in rural OK or not anymore. Was the family of the kids from around Elk or just traveling through? Scary either way..
Hmmmm

Elk City, OK

#5 Dec 22, 2012
wondering wrote:
Why was there not an Amber Alert or did she know the children.. Reading the article it didn't indicate she knew the kids or the mother.. From what I could put together the Mom left the kids in the car and she just came upon it and took the car, kids happened to be in it. I am surprised to be just hearing about this. I hope everyone thinks twice about leaving their kids in the car even for just a second. Doesn't matter if your in rural OK or not anymore. Was the family of the kids from around Elk or just traveling through? Scary either way..
That's the way I understood it too. I think the mom should be in trouble for leaving the kids in the car!!
liberty

Mcloud, OK

#6 Dec 22, 2012
Wake up mf's, she picked up a hitchiker and went in a store trusting that hitchiker to be a good soul! Wake da freak up! Idiot~!
get the facts

United States

#7 Dec 22, 2012
The mom didn't leave her kids in the car she was trying to help this lady out like she had been trying to do all day. The mom did not leave the kids in the car alone.
liberty

Mcloud, OK

#8 Dec 22, 2012
So what happened then?
Hmmmm

Elk City, OK

#9 Dec 22, 2012
So she left them in a car with a stranger? Is that any better?
sheriffbart

Mcloud, OK

#10 Dec 22, 2012
Splain yoself!
Jus sayin

United States

#11 Dec 22, 2012
Oh so let's pick up a hitch bicker and leave the kids in car with whomever! That's responsible parenting right there. Oh but I'm sure there's some good reason why!*scarsam intended*
???

Jenks, OK

#12 Dec 22, 2012
The article didn't give that information; only that the woman allegedly stole the car with the kids in it. If she did pick up this hitchhiker and then leave her kids alone in the car with her that makes her look worse or more irresponsible and neglectful than even just leaving her kids in the car by themselves while running in the store. I've left my 10 yr old and 6 yr old in the car but always lock the doors so no one can just get in and have talked to my kids about not letting anyone in or what to do if someone even tries to get in. Of course my kids are older and usually come in with me. No it may not be the safest thing to do, but I know a lot of people who do it and its not actually against the law. You can leave ur child home alone at the age of 5 as long as they have a phone and are able to dial 911 and not able to get to things like the stove. DHS nor the police will do anything.. My neighbor used to leave her 6 yr old home alone and would block her into a room leave her food to eat until she got home from work at 8pm.. She worked 11-8 at a restaurant; she had a bathroom attached to the room. I called DHS as well as police and when police and DHS came they basically told me the girl was fine she knew how to call 911 did not have access to stove or anything detrimental to her health and it was the mothers right to choose that instead of child care. As long as she wasn't putting the girl in grave danger at that moment or the child wasn't in grave danger at the time they were there they could not do anything. I asked them what if there was a fire or someone broke in the house.. Their answer was she could call 911 or break a window to get out. So no grave danger. Nothing they could do or would do. Her picking up a stranger and then trusting that stranger alone with her running car or kids is, as far as I'm concerned,putting her kids in grave danger. However I think the police and DHS would disagree or not find or at fault. Being stupid is not a crime. Feel sorry for the kids, it had to be very traumatic for them.
sheriffbart

Mcloud, OK

#13 Dec 22, 2012
You just waisted many words, leaving you kids in a running car with a stranger may not be a crime but it should be. Ask what good ole mama was doing before this happened.
Hmmmm

Elk City, OK

#14 Dec 22, 2012
The abductors pictures seven years ago and now looked like the faces of meth pics! That would be my guess, had to do with drugs. Who is this woman that even the cops kept the details hush hush and it wasn't in the paper?!
Member of the family

Tulsa, OK

#15 Dec 22, 2012
For anyone interested in the truth here it is:
The mother, who is a member of my family, was trying to help this woman. The mother of the children had been with this woman (the abductor) all day trying to help her out. The woman gave her a sob story about having just lost and burried her baby, and she (the mother) fell for it. She was just trying to be a Good Samaratan. She was in the process of trying to get her (the abductor) a bus ticket to help the woman get back home. So DON'T judge the mom. The one you should bash and be angry with is the ABDUCTOR!!! Please do not say anymore harmful and hurful words towards the mother.
Jus sayin

United States

#16 Dec 22, 2012
Other then MOTHER PLEAE BE A PARENT AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS in the future!!!! If that's hurtful then reality has hit!!! Have a good day
Hmmmm

Elk City, OK

#17 Dec 22, 2012
So she left the kids in the car with her? Ok, good for her being a Good Samaritan, but what about common sense as a mother?! Make them all go in to buy the ticket! We teach our kids not to talk to strangers for that very reason. The mother deserves to be investigated for this! I certainly hope this scared her enough that she won't just trust her kids to someone she LITERALLY just met on the street! Again I say, THOSE POOR BABIES!
Parent

United States

#18 Dec 22, 2012
I just hope the mother has learned a valuable lesson. I can completely sympathize and admire her wanting to help someone in need, and commend her for thinking of others. However, I hope that in the future she would think of what's more important; keeping her children safe and out of harms way before helping someone out. Looking out for your children is your first and foremost responsibility more important than helping someone in need. She is lucky that mechanic got called in, and the woman dropped them off somewhere. Otherwise she may have been looking at burying her children. Just think first and don't be so naive.
I asked the same question, why has the mother's name been kept so quiet??
oh my

Lindsay, OK

#19 Dec 22, 2012
How did these baies go missing for 3 hours and it not be all over the newspaper's facebook pages, the radio and amber alerts? Thank God that mechanic got called in after hours and found them!
Wondering

United States

#20 Dec 22, 2012
oh my wrote:
How did these baies go missing for 3 hours and it not be all over the newspaper's facebook pages, the radio and amber alerts? Thank God that mechanic got called in after hours and found them!
That was my exact question!! I just heard about it this afternoon from Newspaper post. I though Amber Alerts were issues as soon as children were confirmed to be abducted and possible in harms way.. If they were taken from a convenience store parking lot by a woman who the mother just met regardless of who the mother or the woman was why was there not an Amber Alert or something.. Nothing she could have kept them and dropped them somewhere else more dangerous and much farther away.. They disappeared at 730 and weren't my found for 3 hrs.. She could have made it and dropped them off 3 hrs in either direction in a lot more dangerous place. I just can't believe nothing was issued. The whole story seems off to me.. Somethings are just not adding up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Camo Girl 5 hr Merritt mom 1
get oil /gas smell out of clothes (Mar '12) 17 hr Jeni 44
Do you Remember (Oct '09) Sun 1991 class 106
For You Ladies(?) That Go To Walmart in Your Pa... Sun ha ha 12
News Elk City hospital accuses insurer of trying to ... Sat As I see it 11
News Oklahoma Police: Meth Mom Molested Her Kids Whi... (Jan '14) Nov 29 Lottery Traitors 115
Walmart black friday sale Nov 27 Watson Phillips S... 3

Elk City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elk City Mortgages