OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Jesse

United States

#47322 Sep 17, 2013
Screwing with the feds again, Not too smart.
Mandy

United States

#47323 Sep 17, 2013
someone should have blocked Governor Fallin from having plastic surgery -- YIKES !!!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47325 Sep 17, 2013
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#47310 2 hrs ago
Judged:
Remember when you look at this that your beloved Savior Obama waved a law that allows him to arm OUR terrorists enemies so that they can use OUR weapons to do what is being done in this video. Anyone that doesn't have a problem with this or supports it is SICK. But I'm sure it's okay with most of you since it's mostly Christians that its happening to.

http://lightbox.time.com/2013/09/12/witness-t ...
So What
Choctaw, OK
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#47311 25 min ago
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>You think? I know.
So what do you know about the rest of ALL of us? Not as much as I know about you.
Ever get that spine problem taken care of? Yes, but I'm not the one telling a bunch of strangers my life story, then complaining about my right to privacy, like you, Sharon.
GO P U SCUNKS!!!!

First of all it is my right to tell what I want about myself. But when you go to you medical professionals that is between you and them!

So you are still on The Phillips thing. How amusing.
I do not know what your problem is with me and I really don't care but come on Baby bring it on! Say what ever you want to say and get on with life!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47326 Sep 17, 2013
Sorry DoesntMatter I did not mean to bring your post into my post to So What. That's what I get in doing something in a hurry.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47327 Sep 17, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
Remember when you look at this that your beloved Savior Obama waved a law that allows him to arm OUR terrorists enemies so that they can use OUR weapons to do what is being done in this video. Anyone that doesn't have a problem with this or supports it is SICK. But I'm sure it's okay with most of you since it's mostly Christians that its happening to.
http://lightbox.time.com/2013/09/12/witness-t...
Gee, I guess you slept threw what happened to the Christian population during and after the Iraq war, huh.

Lived there hundreds if not thousands of years but whoop! their dead or disappeared or fled or became underground Christians.

But your selective outrage is just for Dem presidencies.

And dying is always nasty when your watching on video. By gas, guns or any horrible thing that man can do to one another.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47328 Sep 17, 2013
Doesn't Matter just seems to bleet about Christians..

I guess DM looked the other way or just didn't watch the Syrian children gasping for breath as they lay dying from Sarin gas.

After all they were Mooslim children....
Dr Jones

United States

#47329 Sep 17, 2013
The torrential rains in Colorado this week have resulted in flooding which has killed several people so far. This flooding is made worse by multiple dams which have already failed due to overfill, with dozens more at risk.

Why are they at risk? It turns out that state Republicans have blocked bills to deal with repair or maintenance on infrastructure throughout the state. These efforts, done in the name of fiscal conservatism, do not save money at all, and wind up costing far more than the money saved. Several bridges and dams had already failed before the flooding, which makes the added stress of the current conditions too much to bear. It is reported that over 100 bridges are unsafe while the number of dams nearing failure continues to climb, with over 300 dams listed as at-risk, and two dozen as of extreme risk.
Maggie

United States

#47330 Sep 17, 2013
what about plugging the holes in dams with republicans? what if we issue arm bands and car decals to the folks who do not wish to participate in our democracy. in that way they do not have to participate but cannot participate. no driving on our roads and streets, using our public srvices such as rubbish collection, police, firefighters, water and sanitary, no social security, medicare, medicaid, hospitals. no aid to them in times of difficulty like natural disaster? gee, your house burned down but you don't get water so you couldn't use your hose to put it out.
as ms perino put it. don't like it get out. folks, if you don't like it get the fuck out. mississippi is waiting for you. go haul you own water, but leave us alone.
Audrey

United States

#47331 Sep 17, 2013
But Don’t Call Them Racist: Right Wing Freaks Out Over First Indian-American Miss America
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47333 Sep 17, 2013
The thing about Syria, is that the government was winning the war, even with the help to the rebels.

The last holdouts were in the parts of the city that got the Sarin or White phosphorus attacks...Assad's army wanted it to be so horrible on the population that the elements in the rebels fighters would flee and he could finish the rest of the population all off.

Of course, Assad will brutally murder any elements left behind. Men, women and children. So no one will try this again.

But really we've lost our taste for nation building. It didn't work anywhere we've tried it and won't.

But....Assad is not stupid. No gas attacks since Obama threaten to bomb...But Assad has not stopped bombing...and he won't. But he'll never use WMD again...
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#47334 Sep 17, 2013
What if a President waived a law in order to supply arms to terrorists and enemies of this country? Oh, he did.

http://t.co/KEBXoCtufy
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#47335 Sep 17, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>You think? So what do you know about the rest of ALL of us?
So What
Choctaw, OK
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#47311 1 hr ago
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>You think?[I know.'So What's insert to my post.']
So what do you know about the rest of ALL of us?[Not as much as I know about you.'So what's insert to my post.']
Ever get that spine problem taken care of?[Yes, but I'm not the one telling a bunch of strangers my life story, then complaining about my right to privacy, like you, Sharon.'So what's insert to my post']
My original post and the then my post with inserts from So What under my name.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47336 Sep 17, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
What if a President waived a law in order to supply arms to terrorists and enemies of this country? Oh, he did.
http://t.co/KEBXoCtufy
From your link:

National Security Council spokesman Caitlin Hayden issued the following statement concerning the president's actions with regard to waiving certain controls on military aid in the Syrian crisis:

"This action will allow the U.S. Government to provide or license, where appropriate, certain non-lethal assistance inside or related to Syria. This includes: 1) This action is part of longstanding and ongoing efforts to provide life-saving chemical weapons-related assistance to people in need in Syria." 2) chemical weapons-related life-saving assistance for organizations implementing Department of State or U.S. Agency for International Development This action is part of longstanding and ongoing efforts to provide life-saving chemical weapons-related assistance to people in need in Syria." and 3) defensive chemical weapons-related training and personal protective equipment to select vetted members of the Syrian opposition, including the Supreme Military Council, to protect against the use of chemical weapons. This action is part of longstanding and ongoing efforts to provide life-saving chemical weapons-related assistance to people in need in Syria."

I'll provide you with a synopis of the aide given the SYRIAN PEOPLE

"This action is part of longstanding and ongoing efforts to provide life-saving chemical weapons-related assistance to people in need in Syria."

Like aide to hospitals to help people fight the side affects of sarin.

Like this:

2) chemical weapons-related life-saving assistance for organizations implementing Department of State or U.S. Agency for International Development

Wow, gas mask for orgs, like the ones investigating the use of Sarin.

Doesn't Matter sure seems to have a problem telling the WHOLE story. Tried this once before, you little propagandist...

How wingnut of you!

You know Doesn't Matter, posting links and expecting no one to read it, only works on other wingnuts.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47337 Sep 17, 2013
What makes it funnier is that the Washington Examiner, whose the source of Doesn't Matters story complaining of Obama sending equipment to the people of Syria related to the gas attacks, attacked Obama for not sending equipment to the Syrian people for gas attacks!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-tur...

Oh the wingnuts and their love to slam Obama if he does and then if he doesn't they slam him again.

No honest brokers on the wingnut side here folks!!!
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47338 Sep 17, 2013
Martin Bashir made a big deal on his show today about how one feature of Obamacare is that your insurance is now required to cover mental health services — office visits, medication, hospitalization… so even if you’ll never need such services yourself, isn’t it great that maybe it’ll save you from the next Lanza or Alexis and you won’t even have to know it just saved your life.

Especially since the Alexis called the police just days before the mass shooting 3 times before the mass murder complaining how people were sending microwave messages to him and he could sleep. He called them after he changed hotel rooms 3 times, each time he called after changing hotel rooms. Identifying himself and his position with the Navy to boot.

But we don't need no stinkin gun control and we don't need no stinkin health insurance that covers mental illness either...

Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47339 Sep 17, 2013
So before this becomes a debate about gun control, I'll leave you with this:

Many people say more people die in car wrecks than people killed by guns in the US.

True

But

How many people would die in car wrecks if there were no regulations on owning a car?

A whole hell of a lot more.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#47340 Sep 17, 2013
One thing is nice to remember:

I worked for the government when Repubs shut down the government before.

It cost the American people lots of millions in dollars to restart it again.

Like it cost the American people millions to let the wingnuts hold their 42 votes to stop Obamacare.

Fiscally responsible?

HA HA HA HA HA

Are Ted Cruz and other tea party congress critters, legislators? Not hardly, their wingnut performers who think up kamikaze plots to get their face in front of their caucus...the crazier....the better!
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#47341 Sep 18, 2013
Dr Jones wrote:
Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits
OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin has ordered the National Guard to stop processing requests for military benefits for same-sex couples, her office confirmed Tuesday, despite a Pentagon directive to do so.

Fallin spokesman Alex Weintz said the governor was following the wish of Oklahoma voters, who approved a constitutional amendment in 2004 that prohibits giving benefits of marriage to gay couples.
“Because of that prohibition, Gov. Fallin’s general counsel has advised the National Guard not to process requests for benefits of same-sex couples,” Weintz said.“Gay couples that have been legally married in other states will be advised they can apply for those benefits on federal facilities, such as Tinker Air Force Base, rather than state run facilities.”
Fallin ordered the policy change Sept. 5, Weintz said.
The policy is a shift from how the Guard had been handling requests for benefits from same-sex partners in the ranks of the roughly 9,500 guard soldiers and airmen in Oklahoma, said Oklahoma National Guard spokesman Col. Max Moss.
Moss said the agency had been processing benefits for same-sex soldiers just like those from heterosexual couples until Fallin’s office ordered the change in policy. He said state officials already had helped process benefit requests for two gay soldiers before Fallin’s directive.
Moss added that any soldiers who request marriage benefits for their same-sex spouse will be informed how they can receive those benefits.
“If we have a situation where we have a soldier who’s in a same-sex marriage, we’re going to explain to that soldier how they can go about acquiring those benefits,” Moss said.“At this point, that’s directing them to a federal facility.
“We want our soldiers to have all the benefits to which they’re entitled to.”
The Pentagon announced last month that same-sex spouses of military members will be eligible for the same health care, housing and other benefits enjoyed by opposite-sex spouses starting Sept. 3. That decision followed consultation with the Justice Department and the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in June on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act.
After the U.S. Department of Defense began allowing same-sex couples to apply for identification cards and benefits, National Guard officials in Texas, Mississippi and Louisiana said they would refuse to process the applications. Like Oklahoma, all three states have gay-marriage bans and are led by socially conservative Republican governors.

Fallin’s decision prompted the president of a support group for gay military families to call for the Defense Department to “stop this discrimination.”

“Since the governor of Oklahoma has decided to join Texas, Mississippi, and Louisiana in playing politics with our military families, we need immediate and decisive action from the administration and the defense department in affirming that all military spouses, regardless of sexual orientation, will be treated equally,” Stephen Peters, president of the American Military Partner Association, said in a statement.
That was too brief. Could you cut and paste more.
Your investigative skills are evident ( and limited ).
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#47342 Sep 18, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link:

National Security Council spokesman Caitlin Hayden issued the following statement concerning the president's actions with regard to waiving certain controls on military aid in the Syrian crisis:
"This action will allow the U.S. Government to provide or license, where appropriate, certain non-lethal assistance inside or related to Syria. This includes: 1) This action is part of longstanding and ongoing efforts to provide life-saving chemical weapons-related assistance to people in need in Syria." 2) chemical weapons-related life-saving assistance for organizations implementing Department of State or U.S. Agency for International Development

This action is part of longstanding and ongoing efforts to provide life-saving chemical weapons-related assistance to people in need in Syria." and 3) defensive chemical weapons-related training and personal protective equipment to select vetted members of the Syrian opposition, including the Supreme Military Council, to protect against the use of chemical weapons. This action is part of longstanding and ongoing efforts to provide life-saving chemical weapons-related assistance to people in need in Syria."
I'll provide you with a synopis of the aide given the SYRIAN PEOPLE
"This action is part of longstanding and ongoing efforts to provide life-saving chemical weapons-related assistance to people in need in Syria."

Like aide to hospitals to help people fight the side affects of sarin.

Like this:

2) chemical weapons-related life-saving assistance for organizations implementing Department of State or U.S. Agency for International Development
Wow, gas mask for orgs, like the ones investigating the use of Sarin.

Doesn't Matter sure seems to have a problem telling the WHOLE story. Tried this once before, you little propagandist...
How wingnut of you!

You know Doesn't Matter, posting links and expecting no one to read it, only works on other wingnuts.
That was too brief. Could you cut and paste more.
Your investigative skills are evident ( and limited ).
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#47344 Sep 18, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Are Ted Cruz and other tea party congress critters, legislators? Not hardly, their wingnut performers who think up kamikaze plots to get their face in front of their caucus...the crazier....the better!
Don't criticize Ted Cruz.
He's Texan.
He's Mexican.
He's accent free.
He's light complexioned.
He's a man's man.
He doesn't have too many kids for a Catholic.

And best of all he's related to Tom Cruz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Trotter, ya'll 7 hr Oscar 1
Tommy mcconell 21 hr gbh 22
News Cleanup Begins In Elk City After Tornado Levels... Wed asiseeit 29
Big boobies on kelbie Wed Jon Carloas 1
CUDD in Elk (Jul '13) Tue asiseeit 17
Any word about Zach Langlois Tue okGUY 1
Dr Pepper Tue Motherof3 1

Elk City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance