OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#21040 Jun 11, 2012
Well got to get ready to go to one of those pisky sporting events tonite. Grandson playing summer basketball.
I really donot understand why some are so against sports with the school or with the association with other things. With the over weight problem sports is a good thing. It teaches that you have to work hard to get any where. It teaches how to get along with others and work as a team. It teaches you to follow instructions from others. To me it can teach many things. It also teaches that things don't always go the way you think things should. plus it gives them exercise. So you all have a good time!
Packing Heat

United States

#21041 Jun 11, 2012
Alright, who stole Justaminutes keyboard? LOL

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#21042 Jun 11, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
Well got to get ready to go to one of those pisky sporting events tonite. Grandson playing summer basketball.
I really donot understand why some are so against sports with the school or with the association with other things. With the over weight problem sports is a good thing. It teaches that you have to work hard to get any where. It teaches how to get along with others and work as a team. It teaches you to follow instructions from others. To me it can teach many things. It also teaches that things don't always go the way you think things should. plus it gives them exercise. So you all have a good time!
The key word there is exercise. We need to get this nation's fat ass off the couch and onto the field.

Location hidden

#21043 Jun 11, 2012
Packing Heat wrote:
Hopefully one of Iranian friends didn't wire the wrong keyboard.

Since: May 12

Sapulpa, OK

#21044 Jun 11, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with that picture sir is when I was in Tulsa that I read of constant "bonuses for early completion". There is no such thing as early completion in Tulsa unless there is corruption because where I live now they repave an entire two miles with two lanes each direction overnight. In Tulsa it takes over a year. That's NOT early completion.
Dusty....what do you like about Oklahoma? LoL!!

Location hidden

#21045 Jun 11, 2012
So Heat. I'm assuming you saw the report today that between 2007 and 2010 the Average American's "wealth" dropped by 40%. While the top 10% had the greatest increase in wealth in the history of this country.

That put the lie to two of your repetitive claims. No President in History could take the American public down by 40% in two years that Obama was in office. He interpreted this mess. It had already hit bottom in 2007. So your claim that Bush II is history and "move on" doesn't hold water. The GOP was responsible for this melt down. Clinton took over a bad economy and after 8 years left it in the best shape it had been in since before Carter. Bush II left it in the worst shape it has been in since the 1930's. Things like this don't happen overnight, they don't happen in a vacuum and they don't get cured in two years since we bottomed out.

I have been quite clear and quite consistent that I don't like either party. But this economic mess remains the mess of Bush II and you can claim until you die that it isn't but it really is.

Secondly this latest report clearly backs up my statement that the only "redistribution of wealth" going on in this country is to the ultra rich. You can stop me anytime by simply admitting you're wrong.

Sapulpa, OK

#21046 Jun 11, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
While I still have more problems with Romney than Obama I think you're wrong in your defense of Obama. He had two years in which he could do almost anything he wanted. Had that of been myself in the Presidency under the same conditions that he too office I would have done the following.
Good rant here Dusty,
I've tried to think of some ways we could get corruption under control....but the government has become so massive I don't know if it could be done. Maybe some kind of government oversight committee, but then you still have a problem because people can still be bought. Also it's hard to find people that are not party biased.
I'm trying to be possitive....but we have a really really big mess coming. A lot of the subjects people are arguing about are results of major problems and not the problems themselves.
One scenario I have considered is turning all the power back over to the states...and let the government collapse under it's own weight. Start over.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#21047 Jun 11, 2012
Packing Heat wrote:
No worries! She probably busy intertaining Mr. Charles tonite or She probably down at the eating place waiting on him to show up in her Thunder shirt.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#21048 Jun 11, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
The key word there is exercise. We need to get this nation's fat ass off the couch and onto the field.
My daughter-in-law enrolled my grandson,16 & 13, in boot camp. I don't know if you have them in Calif. but the are type of exercise classes. My daught-in-law has been doing them. She has always been into exercise. She was on the girls basketball team at the same college my youngest son played college basketball when they started dating. I am anxious to see how the grandsons like. My oldest son has done the boot camp thing with his 2 daughters and they were getting ready to do it again but my son ran a nail in his foot. His wife does exercises but has to different kind because knee and feet problem do to a bad accident she had when she was 16. But she does something. Untill my lastest lower back problem and foot problem I use to walk alot. I still do alot just keeping up with 2 Labs on 7 acres and helping with keeping up the whole 7 acres as a yard. Youngest and middle sons do some exercises but really could do more.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#21049 Jun 11, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
So Heat. I'm assuming you saw the report today that between 2007 and 2010 the Average American's "wealth" dropped by 40%. While the top 10% had the greatest increase in wealth in the history of this country.
That put the lie to two of your repetitive claims. No President in History could take the American public down by 40% in two years that Obama was in office. He interpreted this mess. It had already hit bottom in 2007. So your claim that Bush II is history and "move on" doesn't hold water. The GOP was responsible for this melt down. Clinton took over a bad economy and after 8 years left it in the best shape it had been in since before Carter. Bush II left it in the worst shape it has been in since the 1930's. Things like this don't happen overnight, they don't happen in a vacuum and they don't get cured in two years since we bottomed out.
I have been quite clear and quite consistent that I don't like either party. But this economic mess remains the mess of Bush II and you can claim until you die that it isn't but it really is.
Secondly this latest report clearly backs up my statement that the only "redistribution of wealth" going on in this country is to the ultra rich. You can stop me anytime by simply admitting you're wrong.
==========
The Republicans gave up that argument that Obama is responsible for causing the economic mess and instead, claim he has not done enough to turn things around, that is, not done enough to fix their mess.

It's the George Zimmerman defense. The causers of the problem cry self-defense when they attack Obama.

But for Bush/GOP the economy would be very rosy.

Sapulpa, OK

#21050 Jun 11, 2012
I don't know about "rosy". There is a lot of changing dynamics on the global scale. Bush didn't help matters...and neither is Obama. The cause of the problems go back long before either.

Obama probably is not going to get a second term. Wail if you want. Romney is most likely going to win...and get 4 years to fix something he can't fix either....and then the plan is for Hillary to get in from what I understand.

To me, it seems more of a game of last man standing when the shtf.

But...there are some scenarios that suggest a european collapse could extend our run. We have the reserve currency so we stand to benefit. I read today foreigners are buying a lot of U.S. real estate. So money could pour into the country from Europe and make it possible for us to remain a service economy.

But then again...if Europe collapses they could very well gravitate to their traditional wars...which we would mosy likely get involved in.

I can't help but believe there is something on the horizon Washington is placing their bets on. The economics don't jive.(Anyone with basic accounting skills ought to see this)It has to be assumed the elites (money) are in bed with the politicians. If that's the case...then they are either really stupid...or really brilliant. I have to think it is the latter.....but consider betting on the future can be a risky endeavor.

I'm beginning to think that the problems we consider to be serious are nothing but a sideshow in the big picture.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#21051 Jun 12, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
I don't know about "rosy". There is a lot of changing dynamics on the global scale. Bush didn't help matters...and neither is Obama. The cause of the problems go back long before either.
Obama probably is not going to get a second term. Wail if you want. Romney is most likely going to win...and get 4 years to fix something he can't fix either....and then the plan is for Hillary to get in from what I understand.
To me, it seems more of a game of last man standing when the shtf.
But...there are some scenarios that suggest a european collapse could extend our run. We have the reserve currency so we stand to benefit. I read today foreigners are buying a lot of U.S. real estate. So money could pour into the country from Europe and make it possible for us to remain a service economy.
But then again...if Europe collapses they could very well gravitate to their traditional wars...which we would mosy likely get involved in.
I can't help but believe there is something on the horizon Washington is placing their bets on. The economics don't jive.(Anyone with basic accounting skills ought to see this)It has to be assumed the elites (money) are in bed with the politicians. If that's the case...then they are either really stupid...or really brilliant. I have to think it is the latter.....but consider betting on the future can be a risky endeavor.
I'm beginning to think that the problems we consider to be serious are nothing but a sideshow in the big picture.
==========
"We have the reserve currency so we stand to benefit."

We actually have all of our money since we have used other countries money to finance us. We are filthy rich. We have enough medium-of-exchange in Ft. Knox to live big time for more than a hundred years. Other countries don't have such reserves.

Location hidden

#21052 Jun 12, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Good rant here Dusty,
I've tried to think of some ways we could get corruption under control....but the government has become so massive I don't know if it could be done. Maybe some kind of government oversight committee, but then you still have a problem because people can still be bought. Also it's hard to find people that are not party biased.
I'm trying to be possitive....but we have a really really big mess coming. A lot of the subjects people are arguing about are results of major problems and not the problems themselves.
One scenario I have considered is turning all the power back over to the states...and let the government collapse under it's own weight. Start over.
I liken giving the power (and money) to the states to a situation where you have Hercules fighting this multi headed monster and cutting off heads as fast as he can and finally the beast is dead. Then behind him the earth opens up and 10,000 multi headed baby beasts come slithering out. Which are growing instantly. That would be your state governments.

Location hidden

#21053 Jun 12, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty....what do you like about Oklahoma? LoL!!
What do I like about Oklahoma? I'm a huge NBA fan. The Lakers are my team but I dearly love the team that Clay Bennett purchased and turned from chronic loser to the best young team that has manners, teamwork and humility. I'm a huge fan of the Thunder organization.

I like the history of the state. I like the fact that the Indians persevered and in fact are probably the most competent race in Oklahoma when it comes to business. I'm into history of the old west and Oklahoma as a territory had some of the most interesting history of that era.

I liked many young people that seem to understand that the state is locked 40 years behind the times and they want no part of the never ending racism and draconian laws. I met a number of young people that impressed me in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma is one of the most extremist states I have ever seen. In California people tend to get "political" around election time and they vote their wallets like most places. In Oklahoma they tend to be on a rant all the time.(Why do you think I still come to this thread?) But even in California you find many moderates despite the liberal image. Orange county is the most conservative county in America. San Francisco is probably the most liberal in the country. Yet outside of those two places most of California is not political at all unless forced to be and when they are, they are moderates for the most part. The ultra conservatives there are not ideological conservatives. They are money grubbing conservatives. It's their only political philosophy. What is theirs is theirs and by God ASAP what is yours is theirs as well.

So I like Oklahoma's rednecks. They let me know who it is that is doing all that voting against their own best interests across this country. Poor white trash that are so racist and so ignorant that they will vote for the white man simply because he is white no matter what else comes into the picture. Oklahoma serves as a reminder to me that this country is in fact doomed. That state is more racist than it was when I left as a teenager in 1964. It's poorer for the times than it was when I left for white people. The state has NOTHING going for it and it's a great thing to follow to foretell what is coming. Once upon a time what happened in California and New York foretold what was to be for the rest of the country. Now it's the reverse. Oklahoma and the bible belt shows us what it's coming to in this country. A very disappointing and scary situation but at least we know.
Packing Heat

United States

#21054 Jun 12, 2012
Economic Growth under Obama has been 3%(2010), 1.7%(2011) and (2.0% estimated in 2012). This GDP growth is not enough to provide jobs for new entrants in a rising population like ours which requires a 3.2% GDP growth rate. We have 12 to 14 million Americans stuck in a jobless existence. 58.5% of our population are working compared to 60.9% when Obama took office. The 1981 recession ended in November of 1982 and at that time the employed to population ratio was 57.3% and four years later it was 60.9%, a positive uptick of 3.6%. Reagan ended his term in office with a 62% employed/population ratio. Contrast that with Obama. The 2008 recession ended in June of 2009 and the employed/population ratio was 59.4% at that time and now it's 58.5%, a drop of -0.9%.

It's a clear sign that Obama has failed to grow our economy and create jobs. Over 50% of college graduates are not able to secure a job in their chosen field right now. Student Loan Debt is nearly a Trillion Dollars and climbing! Our national debt has climbed to $15.6 trillion compared to $10 trillion back in 2008, an obvious sign that Obama is not even remotely interested in managing debt/deficit spending. So will consumers with means ignore this mis-management of our nation's finances and start spending in pre-recession style or will they continue to hold onto their money until they see better management of our nations finances?

Somebody will eventually have to pay that debt. Government decides and voters elect government representatives who make those decisions. Is Obama's anti-business, anti-religion, anti-bank, anti-big oil, anti-wealthy, anti-military/guns and anti-state rights approach what we want to see from our President, the person we elect into office?
Does it represent who we are as Americans?
Does dividing us into sectors help our nation at a time when we need to pull together?
I sincerely think not!

It's apparent to many that Obama wants to divide the economic pie, not grow it. The evidence is in his economic and tax/spend policies. Should we accept a President who wants to divide the economic pie or should we elect someone who wants to grow the economic pie? Are people better off now than we were 4 years ago? I think Americans will vote for a better, more prosperous America than what we've seen these last four years. Americans are tired of not having money, not having a job, tired of the excuses and tired of Obama's divisive approach.

Make of it what you will.
Packing Heat

United States

#21055 Jun 12, 2012
Come on please, the time to blame Bush is long gone. Economic gains are anemic at best. This administration has clearly demonstrated the incompetence to govern and yet you keep telling yourself it's not Obama's fault the economy is still screwed up. It is long overdue for change yet again. At some point President Obama, like every President before him, must step up and take ownership of the current situation. It's just that simple.

The truth is that former President Bush and Congress did a poor job of managing the economy. That's just a fact. The truth is also that President Obama and Congress are still doing a poor job managing the economy. That is also a fact. Until all sides admit both truths and demand much better performance from our Presidents and Congress, we as a nation will struggle and you can count on it.
Common folks require a job to live and support their family. The Obama economy is having people live welfare to welfare check thus becoming codependent upon them.

The recovery policies are the issue here! Obama's own debt commission recommends rein in spending and grow the economy with lower tax rates. Obama just says to raise the tax rates on higher wage earners. Americans are asking the right question, does raising tax rates spur the economy and create jobs? Or does lowering taxes and reining in government spending spur the economy and create jobs? What makes more sense?

Barack Obama campaigned four years ago assailing President George W. Bush for wage losses suffered by the middle class. More than three years into Obama’s own presidency, those declines have only deepened. As a candidate in 2008, Obama blamed the reversals largely on the policies of Bush and other Republicans. He cited census figures showing that median income for working-age households, those headed by someone younger than 65, had dropped more than $2,000 after inflation during the first seven years of Bush’s time in office. Yet real median household income in March was down $4,300 since Obama took office in January 2009 and down $2,900 since the June 2009 start of the economic recovery, according to an analysis of census data by Sentier Research, an economic- consulting firm in Annapolis, Maryland. Those are just the facts too!

http://www.sentierresearch.com/reports/Sentie...

The Liberal agenda is FAR more important than the problem. The Liberal rhetoric is FAR more important than a solution. And lastly, Liberal propaganda is FAR more important than even the slightest hint of any facts. Do we redistribute via taxes giving government more money to spend or do we rein in the growth rate of spending and lower taxes to spur economic growth and create jobs?

That will be decided November 6th, 2012.

Location hidden

#21056 Jun 12, 2012
Packing Heat wrote:
It's apparent to many that Obama wants to divide the economic pie, not grow it. The evidence is in his economic and tax/spend policies. Should we accept a President who wants to divide the economic pie or should we elect someone who wants to grow the economic pie? Are people better off now than we were 4 years ago? I think Americans will vote for a better, more prosperous America than what we've seen these last four years. Americans are tired of not having money, not having a job, tired of the excuses and tired of Obama's divisive approach.
Make of it what you will.
You can cut and paste all the drivel you want from right wing sites and still have the audacity to claim that Obama is trying to "redistribute the wealth to the poor" when IN FACT the poor have lost 39% of their wealth since Bush II orchestrated the raping and looting of America. You are beyond irrational. You're nuts.

Am I better off than I was four years ago? Absolutely.

Sapulpa, OK

#21057 Jun 12, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
What do I like about Oklahoma? I'm a huge NBA fan. The Lakers are my team but I dearly love the team that Clay Bennett purchased and turned from chronic loser to the best young team that has manners, teamwork and humility. I'm a huge fan of the Thunder organization.
I like the history of the state. I like the fact that the Indians persevered and in fact are probably the most competent race in Oklahoma when it comes to business. I'm into history of the old west and Oklahoma as a territory had some of the most interesting history of that era.
I liked many young people that seem to understand that the state is locked 40 years behind the times and they want no part of the never ending racism and draconian laws. I met a number of young people that impressed me in Oklahoma.
Oklahoma is one of the most extremist states I have ever seen. In California people tend to get "political" around election time and they vote their wallets like most places. In Oklahoma they tend to be on a rant all the time.(Why do you think I still come to this thread?) But even in California you find many moderates despite the liberal image. Orange county is the most conservative county in America. San Francisco is probably the most liberal in the country. Yet outside of those two places most of California is not political at all unless forced to be and when they are, they are moderates for the most part. The ultra conservatives there are not ideological conservatives. They are money grubbing conservatives. It's their only political philosophy. What is theirs is theirs and by God ASAP what is yours is theirs as well.
So I like Oklahoma's rednecks. They let me know who it is that is doing all that voting against their own best interests across this country. Poor white trash that are so racist and so ignorant that they will vote for the white man simply because he is white no matter what else comes into the picture. Oklahoma serves as a reminder to me that this country is in fact doomed. That state is more racist than it was when I left as a teenager in 1964. It's poorer for the times than it was when I left for white people. The state has NOTHING going for it and it's a great thing to follow to foretell what is coming. Once upon a time what happened in California and New York foretold what was to be for the rest of the country. Now it's the reverse. Oklahoma and the bible belt shows us what it's coming to in this country. A very disappointing and scary situation but at least we know.
So you like history....LoL1 Any particular era? Have you ever done any exploring...metal detecting?

Sapulpa, OK

#21058 Jun 12, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I liken giving the power (and money) to the states to a situation where you have Hercules fighting this multi headed monster and cutting off heads as fast as he can and finally the beast is dead. Then behind him the earth opens up and 10,000 multi headed baby beasts come slithering out. Which are growing instantly. That would be your state governments.
LoL! Your probably right...and it's just a thought exercise.

But it's a way of thinking. I like to think like one playing a game of chess....actions equal consequences. If a lot more thinking had been done years ago we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

Location hidden

#21059 Jun 12, 2012
Who Is Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
So you like history....LoL1 Any particular era? Have you ever done any exploring...metal detecting?
One of my fondest memories of growing up in Oklahoma was the Library. We were very poor and had no TV and my mother religious freak who thought rock and roll was the work of the devil and Church was the most boring thing in my life. But there was a library about three blocks from our home and it was next to the police station. That was about the only place during my teenage years she would allow me to go. I spent years in that library. Civil war, Indians, Revolutionary War and Oklahoma history were my favorite things. Of course I couldn't check out a book of fiction because that was also the devil's work. I became a history buff.

I remember going to "robbers cave" somewhere in southeastern Oklahoma once and they had the stone corral where the outlaws allegedly hid their horses and I was enthralled. I spent all my time at the OKC state museum when we went a couple of times, looking at the Indian stuff. I was a strange kid I guess. So repressed from society by her religion and I rooted for the Union in the civil war books because she was so racist. I rooted for the Indians because she was so racist. I rooted for the Outlaws because she personified "good" since everything I liked was evil to her. But the one good thing I got out of all that was my love for American History. Got into European History a bit.

Never been metal prospecting. Watched guys at the beach hunting for lost stuff in the sand. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne Walters for state representative. 11 hr Walters works 21
Treadmill 12 hr Juan Carlos 3
Matney Carwash 12 hr Juan Carlos 27
Cozy Adobe 12 hr Juan Carlos 2
Bullies Sat Crock 17
KKK Robe & Confederate Flag Incident Huge Emba... Sat As I see it 16
Child Pornography (Jun '13) Sat Friendofvictim 6

Elk City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance