First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wanted

Yukon, OK

#1 Nov 18, 2012
It seems like there have been a lot of the teens in town become pregnant lately. As some one who cannot physically have children but can provide a stable loving home for them, it makes me curious if any of them are considering placing their baby up for adoption? I know how hard it can be to raise a child, especially when you factor in being so young. Opinions?
kit-kat

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Nov 18, 2012
wanted wrote:
It seems like there have been a lot of the teens in town become pregnant lately. As some one who cannot physically have children but can provide a stable loving home for them, it makes me curious if any of them are considering placing their baby up for adoption? I know how hard it can be to raise a child, especially when you factor in being so young. Opinions?
Have you ever considered fostering infants? Many times these placements become permanent. Just a suggestion if you are interested in adoption :)
Ben There

Noble, OK

#3 Nov 19, 2012
I can't encourage fostering children. The problems you have with DHS isn't worth it. Sorry to say that. They make the foster care system so bad in Oklahoma that if you ever do it is the worse experience in your life. So often if a case worker gets upset with foster parents they will yank the child out of the home just to show who is boss. Don't try to get things when you need them. It will be when the case worker has time or wants to. The adoption process can even be worse. They will leave you hang as long as they want and eventually if they want will get around to doing the adoption and all the work that this takes. Sorry, I would love to help kids, but after having been through the system with a foster child and adoption, I would not do it again. DHS has got to change if they want their foster/adoption parents to say good things about them so that others will want to foster or adopt.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 19, 2012
wanted wrote:
It seems like there have been a lot of the teens in town become pregnant lately. As some one who cannot physically have children but can provide a stable loving home for them, it makes me curious if any of them are considering placing their baby up for adoption? I know how hard it can be to raise a child, especially when you factor in being so young. Opinions?
I wish a few of this teen moms would consider this. But they won't because their family is standing behind them. Most of the mothers of these girls were teenagers themselves when they got pregnant the first time ( I'm guessing) so they don't see anything wrong. They made it and so will their daughters. It is really sad to think about these girls raising babies. They are still babies themselves. I thought teen pregnancies were high 20 years ago when I was 16. Boy, I can't believe how out of control the issue is now.
wanted

United States

#5 Nov 19, 2012
Independent 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I wish a few of this teen moms would consider this. But they won't because their family is standing behind them. Most of the mothers of these girls were teenagers themselves when they got pregnant the first time ( I'm guessing) so they don't see anything wrong. They made it and so will their daughters. It is really sad to think about these girls raising babies. They are still babies themselves. I thought teen pregnancies were high 20 years ago when I was 16. Boy, I can't believe how out of control the issue is now.
I really wish they would too. I'm young, mid 20's, and have heard about how difficult the fostering system has become and that has scared me away. Even tho my heart aches for those babies and children I don't think I could do it.
I don't know if some of the teens or a little older know how hard it is to start your life, finish school and find a career without having a child. Don't get me wrong, I know that there are some that are capable and have accomplished this as a teen with a child.
I don't wish to pass judgement because I know they have probably received enough from their peers and possibly family. I do wish some would consider it tho. My family is even willing to have some form of an open adoption if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#6 Nov 19, 2012
wanted wrote:
<quoted text>I really wish they would too. I'm young, mid 20's, and have heard about how difficult the fostering system has become and that has scared me away. Even tho my heart aches for those babies and children I don't think I could do it.
I don't know if some of the teens or a little older know how hard it is to start your life, finish school and find a career without having a child. Don't get me wrong, I know that there are some that are capable and have accomplished this as a teen with a child.
I don't wish to pass judgement because I know they have probably received enough from their peers and possibly family. I do wish some would consider it tho. My family is even willing to have some form of an open adoption if the opportunity ever presents itself.
I was in my 20's when I had my first child and it was hard for me. I wasn't alone I had help from the father, my family, and his family. I can't imagine having a baby at 15/16.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers that a day will come that you will have your own bundle of joy to love.
Losers

Weatherford, OK

#7 Nov 19, 2012
kit-kat wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever considered fostering infants? Many times these placements become permanent. Just a suggestion if you are interested in adoption :)
If there were a "like" button I'd click it but this ain't Facebook. There are plenty of happy DHS stories. Happy people just don't shout as loud as angry people and stories about good DHS workers just aren't as interesting.
wanted

Yukon, OK

#8 Nov 19, 2012
Losers wrote:
<quoted text>If there were a "like" button I'd click it but this ain't Facebook. There are plenty of happy DHS stories. Happy people just don't shout as loud as angry people and stories about good DHS workers just aren't as interesting.
I would like to hear the positives on it as well.
wanted

Yukon, OK

#9 Nov 19, 2012
Independent 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I was in my 20's when I had my first child and it was hard for me. I wasn't alone I had help from the father, my family, and his family. I can't imagine having a baby at 15/16.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers that a day will come that you will have your own bundle of joy to love.
Thank you so much
young mother

United States

#10 Nov 20, 2012
You make it sound horrible bein young and a mom I'm a 20 year old with 2 kids and my kids keep me going I love them both with all my heart and I'm in school so don't feel bad for us our kids are blessings it's not our fault u can't have kids any one can make it as a young mom so don't try to get our blessings from us
really?!

United States

#11 Nov 21, 2012
That's not what she was saying... I had my first child at 18. i was still in school and I know exactly how hard it is. But I also had an amazing family and the father of my baby who was there 100% not all girls have that these days.. Congrats to you for making it and being a good mom but not all teens are wanting to be parents at a young age.. There are hundreds of teens that decide to go have abortions because they are too scared to raise a baby.. She's simply asking if anyone would consider letting her raise an love their baby if they can not. I personally could not ever give up my kids but I'm thankful for people like her who are willing to take in someone else's child and love and care for it as their own!
Um yeah

United States

#12 Nov 21, 2012
The woman that posted this u should all know already has 2 teenage boys herself but had a hystorectomy years ago but now has a very young husband who wants his own kids. So please dont play the pitty card she does have children she just wants 2 keep her young husband who shouldve married a younger woman that could give him kids. So dont fall 4 the wo is me i can never have kids crap cus its simply untrue...
wanted

United States

#13 Nov 21, 2012
Um yeah wrote:
The woman that posted this u should all know already has 2 teenage boys herself but had a hystorectomy years ago but now has a very young husband who wants his own kids. So please dont play the pitty card she does have children she just wants 2 keep her young husband who shouldve married a younger woman that could give him kids. So dont fall 4 the wo is me i can never have kids crap cus its simply untrue...
Actually I do not have teenage boys . And I have been married to my husband who is the same age as me for 10 years. I'm not sure who you are talking about but it's sad that people always think the worst.
wanted

United States

#14 Nov 21, 2012
young mother wrote:
You make it sound horrible bein young and a mom I'm a 20 year old with 2 kids and my kids keep me going I love them both with all my heart and I'm in school so don't feel bad for us our kids are blessings it's not our fault u can't have kids any one can make it as a young mom so don't try to get our blessings from us
No that's not what I was implying at all. I'm sorry if it came off to you that way. When I was in high school there were a few girls that had gotten pregnant and aborted the baby because they felt they couldn't raise the child. I was just wanted to put it out there that it doesn't always have to be that way. I know of 2 other women that are in the same position as myself and was just letting anyone, not only teens, know that there are people willing to raise their child as their own. And that myself personally would be open to the idea of an open adoption of some sort. I don't feel anyone should be punished if they don't think they can raise their child but would still like to be in their life. A child can never have too many people to love them.
-Britt

Elk City, OK

#15 Nov 21, 2012
Im putting my baby up for adoption. I realized im to young to raise a kid when I still am a kid.
wanted

United States

#16 Nov 21, 2012
-Britt wrote:
Im putting my baby up for adoption. I realized im to young to raise a kid when I still am a kid.
Do you know who you will be placing her/him with?
:)

Blanchard, OK

#17 Nov 21, 2012
young mother wrote:
You make it sound horrible bein young and a mom I'm a 20 year old with 2 kids and my kids keep me going I love them both with all my heart and I'm in school so don't feel bad for us our kids are blessings it's not our fault u can't have kids any one can make it as a young mom so don't try to get our blessings from us
Seriously, can you not read?! I see now why you are 20 with two kids. What a failure!
-Brittany Dupont.

Elk City, OK

#18 Nov 22, 2012
That -Britt is not me, I'm keepin my kid, I don't care how young I am, Aeriona is mine and I'm raising her!
wanted

United States

#19 Nov 22, 2012
[QUOTE who="-Brittany Dupont. "]That -Britt is not me, I'm keepin my kid, I don't care how young I am, Aeriona is mine and I'm raising her![/QUOTE]

People always try to stir up drama. Don't pay any attention to it. You will be just fine :)
erm

Indiahoma, OK

#20 Nov 22, 2012
Wanted - Careful on here hon, It's great that you put your feelings out there, and teens know that theres options. but don't let people play with your emotions on here. I've heard far too many stories of people taking advantage of mothers wanting to adopt, when they have no intention of actually giving up their baby.
I'm not saying this will happen to you, just be careful <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leslie Davis (Goins) 2 hr That 3
Ada Bachs 18 hr Wondering 1
Paul Albert Sat Juan Carlos 3
Juan Carlos Fri Juan Carlos 4
News Magazine publishers get the Harley & Annabelle ... (Dec '07) Fri Juan Carlos 656
Ben and amy wooters arrested for burglary 2nd d... Apr 18 Herb 4
Jake Moore is a dead man Apr 17 Stomp 5

Elk City Jobs

Personal Finance

Elk City Mortgages