Space port in burn flat

Posted in the Elk City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
God help us

Duncan, OK

#1 Oct 29, 2011
When I heard they hired richard hart it work over there I almost sh*t my pants, hes a con man and lyer I was never more shocked when I heard he was working as asst city manager. its very apparent that people are not checking this man out, he's neither able or qualified for either position. And he knows it! he bluffs his way through things. Thank God he's gone from the city.
Needs It

United States

#2 Oct 29, 2011
Elk City NEEDS a Space Port!
really

Maysville, OK

#3 Oct 30, 2011
Elk city doesn't have the third largest runway in the country that whole statement was pretty stupid.
Needs It

United States

#4 Oct 30, 2011
really wrote:
Elk city doesn't have the third largest runway in the country that whole statement was pretty stupid.
You're face is stupid.
Realism at its Best

United States

#5 Oct 30, 2011
A 'Space Port' in Burns Flat is another waste of your tax dollars. A Government Beer Joint would be a better investment!
citizen

Purcell, OK

#6 Oct 30, 2011
Spaceport doesn't exist anymore. It was all a big scam and a waste of our tax dollars. They need to take that taxpayer-paid-for sign down off the interstate.
just saying

Maysville, OK

#7 Oct 30, 2011
Spaceport does exist. Guess you should drive down there and check it out sometime.
ya

Maysville, OK

#8 Oct 30, 2011
The spaceport DOES exist!!! I live by it.. It's defiantly there
Drugs

United States

#9 Oct 30, 2011
ya wrote:
The spaceport DOES exist!!! I live by it.. It's defiantly there
That's not what you think it is. Have you been doing drugs?
ya

Maysville, OK

#10 Oct 30, 2011
Drugs wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what you think it is. Have you been doing drugs?
Please share your wisdom, what is it?... Because it's definatly a Spaceport
Drugs

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2011
ya wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share your wisdom, what is it?... Because it's definatly a Spaceport
No, it's a space peanut!
just because

Edmond, OK

#13 Oct 31, 2011
Needs It wrote:
Elk City NEEDS a Space Port!
obviously this individual who commented on richard hart is apparently no brighter than 10 watt refrigerator bulb all you have to do is shut the door and the light goes off.
just because

Edmond, OK

#14 Oct 31, 2011
this person who spoke of richard hart has severe personal animosity towards him., always consider the source must be a 10 watt refrigerator bulb, just shut the door and light will go off..end of story
Spaceport Not

Dallas, TX

#15 Oct 31, 2011
citizen wrote:
Spaceport doesn't exist anymore. It was all a big scam and a waste of our tax dollars. They need to take that taxpayer-paid-for sign down off the interstate.
You are correct. No space vehicle has ever, or will ever take off and land at BF. Ever!! It was a scam from the start. The people that have lived in the area know this. If they don't, they're pretty gullible and stupid. The spaceport was a way for certain people and agencies to receive govt grants. It's all about the money. Remember in the 1980's it was going to be a "wayport" for both commercial passenger and transport aircraft? It was all over the TV and newspapers. The spaceport, like the wayport, will just fade away.
Drugs

United States

#16 Oct 31, 2011
I knew that they were on drugs..

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#17 Oct 31, 2011
The military bought out the run way and some other things from what I've heard. The space port was abandon a while back ago.
billybob

Noble, OK

#18 Oct 31, 2011
Spaceport Not wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct. No space vehicle has ever, or will ever take off and land at BF. Ever!! It was a scam from the start. The people that have lived in the area know this. If they don't, they're pretty gullible and stupid. The spaceport was a way for certain people and agencies to receive govt grants. It's all about the money. Remember in the 1980's it was going to be a "wayport" for both commercial passenger and transport aircraft? It was all over the TV and newspapers. The spaceport, like the wayport, will just fade away.
jack bonney is the one that messed it up
I know him well

United States

#20 Oct 31, 2011
I've know old richard for quite some time and hate to say but what has been said is true. He acts like he's a big christian but lies better than anyone I ever known. and no we really never had and problems between us, but I just can't take all his lying and he use to cheat on his wife. Con-man is a good word for him. can't stand a lier or cheat. Gotta give him credit he's good at it....
Spaceport Not

Dallas, TX

#21 Nov 1, 2011
TylerMotherLovinJames wrote:
The military bought out the run way and some other things from what I've heard. The space port was abandon a while back ago.
Forty years ago when the Air Force left, they reserved the right to rent the runway. The USAF yearly gave millions of dollars to SWODA and later the Space agency to provide maint. and a fire/crash rescue dept. It was huge waste of taxpayer money. Earlier this year that all changed. The USAF still uses the runway, but now provide their own personnel. IIRC, the company that got the big fat government grant to build a space vehicle, went belly up. Trivia question: Which member of the singing group "The Monkees" served in the USAF at BF?
citizen

Purcell, OK

#22 Nov 1, 2011
I give up. Who was it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mardi Gras Ball 20 hr Stephanie 4
Cops Cap Counterfeiter Fri Frames 47
Murder of Linda Mack/Richard Norman Rojem (Feb '12) Feb 24 Curious 30
Wheeler county tx girls Feb 23 Agitated 1
sonic Feb 22 Bobby9864 2
camargo first state bank (Jan '11) Feb 16 Leisa 19
Dr. Jon Psaila-The Elk City Animal Welfare Comm... Feb 15 Advocate 1

Elk City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance