Lucas Wells Pleads to Murder
hey guys

United States

#101 Aug 16, 2010
PLZ wrote:
<quoted text>Then maybe her half brothers should have been sitting in the courtroom to make SURE Angel got the justice she deserved.
what the heck? stop being logical dude. that makes too much sense to post on Topix.
fred

Oklahoma City, OK

#102 Aug 16, 2010
PLZ wrote:
<quoted text>Then maybe her half brothers should have been sitting in the courtroom to make SURE Angel got the justice she deserved.
they are her BROTHERS and YOU should not deminish their relatoinship. they loved each other. You also have no idea what is going on in their lives. so until u have all the facts..........and frankly it is none of your bissness!
Withdraw

Clinton, OK

#103 Aug 17, 2010
http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php... -

According to ODCR Lucas is Withdrawing his Plea

08/16/2010 MOTION TO WITHDRAW PLEA OF NO CONTEST

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#104 Aug 17, 2010
Withdraw wrote:
http://www1.odcr.com/detail.ph p?Case=005-CF%20%200900249 &County=005-
Wow I hope everyone that was griping about this, is happy now.
whatever

United States

#105 Aug 17, 2010
Withdraw wrote:
http://www1.odcr.com/detail.ph p?Case=005-CF%20%200900249 &County=005-
so now what is going to happen? Wonder why he changed his plea? Just pray is is convicted and given life without parole or death
hey guys

United States

#106 Aug 17, 2010
i sure hope all you geniuses are happy.

now we're going to get a real trial with a real defense and a real hung jury... but that doesn't happen, right? see also: blagojevich and/or OJ.
Johnnie Cochran

Elk City, OK

#107 Aug 18, 2010
Because the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System hires attorneys who will defend their clients tooth and nail just the same as a client who pays millions?

If that was the case, private attorneys would have 0 criminal work. All of the accused would just use court appointed attorneys, spending nothing instead of millions to get the same result as the high profile cases being mentioned.

Go to www.kecofm.com . Lucas wells filed that motion to withdraw his plea pro se, or on his own. He opened the can of worms himself.
hey guys

United States

#108 Aug 18, 2010
Johnnie Cochran wrote:
Because the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System hires attorneys who will defend their clients tooth and nail just the same as a client who pays millions?
If that was the case, private attorneys would have 0 criminal work. All of the accused would just use court appointed attorneys, spending nothing instead of millions to get the same result as the high profile cases being mentioned.
Go to www.kecofm.com . Lucas wells filed that motion to withdraw his plea pro se, or on his own. He opened the can of worms himself.
doesn't matter. he was put away for a long time and now he isn't and nobody knows what will happen because jury trials are funny like that.

so if he gets off i'm going to feel bad for angel, but im going to laugh and laugh and laugh at all of you retards.
Johnnie Cochran

Elk City, OK

#109 Aug 18, 2010
It hasn't exactly been decided that he will go to trial in the first place. That will depend on how the judge rules over the motion to withdraw. Wells has to present a compelling case to that judge before he gets another shot at a jury trial.

If the judge simply denies that motion, Wells still goes away for the 38 years and 3 months until he's up for parole.
bentwillie

Union City, OK

#110 Aug 18, 2010
hey guys wrote:
now we're going to get a real trial with a real defense and a real hung jury... but that doesn't happen, right? see also: blagojevich and/or OJ.
If I was on that jury it would be extra double hung. Two things neither of those two were tried in Oklahoma and western Oklahoma to be more specific. Second has been mentioned OJ had the legal defense version of the dream team and in Chicago no one cares about Blago.
hey guys

Sunnyvale, CA

#111 Aug 18, 2010
I's is glad yous aint on the Jury!
hey guys

United States

#112 Aug 18, 2010
hey guys wrote:
meh....
big daddy

Red Rock, OK

#113 Aug 18, 2010
hey guys wrote:
Sure wish I had time to sit in my mama's basement and try to be clever and sarcastic on topix everyday. Sadley I have to go to work to put food on the table. Tell me how do you manage besides welfare and food stamps. Who pays for your bingo nights bud?
hey gals

Clinton, OK

#114 Aug 18, 2010
hey guys wrote:
Your analogy is retarded.

Blago's jury barely hung 11 to 1 on a case that wasn't very good and had no real emotion to it. Not what you have here.(BTW even if the jury hangs, it doesn't mean you get off, watch what happens to Rod in the coming months) Beckham County jurors are likely to be upset and may bring their own ropes.

OJ had one of the most expensive, notorius teams of lawyers ever representing him and it took tons of money that Wells doesn't have to get him off. Lucas is stuck with the public defender to represent him and my guess is they aren't too happy with him right now.

Oh yea, "Death" is no longer an option.
hey guys

American Fork, UT

#115 Aug 18, 2010
Yeps I knows it I is a big retard.

Since: Jul 09

United States

#116 Sep 12, 2010
Wells’ Motion to Withdraw Murder Plea Denied Sep 9

District Judge Charles Goodwin denied a motion Wednesday by Elk City resident Lucas Wells to withdraw his plea in the murder trial of Wells' girlfriend.

By Nathan Brewer

ELK CITY, Okla.(YN)- District Judge Richard Goodwin denied a motion Wednesday to withdraw Lucas Wells’ no contest plea in the death of Wells’ former live-in girlfriend, Angel Gilbreath.

On August 04, Wells, 27, entered the plea after he and his attorney, Gary Henry of the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System, reached an agreement with Assistant District Attorney Mike Abel. Judge Goodwin accepted the plea and sentenced Wells to serve a life sentence with the possibility of parole, a 45-year sentence.

Since Oklahoma law requires Wells to serve at least 85 percent of that sentence, Wells would be eligible for a parole hearing after spending 38 years, three months in prison, according to Assistant D.A. Mike Abel.

But on August 16, Wells filed a motion in Beckham County District Court to withdraw that plea, claiming that his attorney, Gary Henry, pressured and coerced him into entering the plea, and that the plea was not entered freely, according to court documents.

Wednesday, Wells’ new attorney, Craig Hoehns with the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System, questioned Lucas Wells and Gary Henry, then Assistant D.A. Mike Abel cross examined them, according to a witness who was inside the courtroom. Judge Goodwin also directed questions to Wells.

Two other witnesses were there for questioning, but were never called to the stand, according to one person at the courthouse for today’s proceedings.

After hearing the testimony, Judge Goodwin denied the motion to withdraw the plea, saying that no facts were presented by the defense to support either of Wells’ claims—that he was coerced by Gary Henry, or that the plea was not entered freely, according to one witness.

Wells and his attorney now have 90 days to file an appeal with the Oklahoma State Court of Criminal Appeals, according to Assistant D.A. Mike Abel.

Lucas Wells, then 26, was charged with first degree murder August 03, 2009, in Beckham County District Court after fishermen found the body of Angel Gilbreath, 27, in Elk Lake in June 2009. The Medical Examiner ruled that Gilbreath died of multiple stab wounds.

Lucas Wells and murder victim Angel Gilbreath had lived together in a residence in the 1100 block of South Randall in Elk City.

During questioning, Wells told Elk City Police Detectives that he and Gilbreath were driving around, trying to sort out problems they were having, but that she got out of their car at the intersection of 20th Street and Randall, and he never saw her again, according to court documents.

But police found incriminating evidence at Wells’ residence, including a pair of wet underwear with what looked like moss and a leaf on them, as well as blood stains. They also found a kitchen knife in the crime scene area where there was a lot of blood in the tall grass, according to court documents.

A botany professor from Oklahoma State University identified the moss and a leaf from the wet underwear retrieved from Wells’ and Gilbreath’s residence as matching foliage from in and around Elk Lake, according to court documents.

Not a voter

United States

#117 Sep 15, 2010
Mike Abel cannot win murder cases. That's why he worked this case out for a plea. Check his past record, he's only been in your community for a short while.
Former ADA

Oklahoma City, OK

#118 Oct 8, 2010
I used to be an ADA in Beckham County. Michael Abel is the most corrupt person ever to hold that job. Taking money to affect criminal cases is only one aspect of Abel's criminal misconduct in tht office. Why doesn't anyone ask about the last 2 jobs Mike got fired from?
soberokie

Blanchard, OK

#119 Oct 9, 2010
he got a conviction of the murderer but lets bash the d a not the man that murdered his wife
any one can claim to be a former assistant da
what happened that you arent doing it anymore?
sister of lucas

AOL

#120 Apr 9, 2011
you are all idots.......there is a verry special place for each and every one of you who think it is funny to bash my brother. and its called the court of appeals you dumn asseswent thrugh the first one and are now moveing on to the next so by all means keep helping our case. i love my brother very much and will be right by his side till the end.. come on now people till it is put in court records shut the puck up about my brother!!!!!!!!! or be real and come say even half the shit you do on hear to my face"ohh but waite that would require your fat hate bashing lye telling asses to come out from hideing.and we all know that wont happen..as for the person who said lucas confessed you had better update your info in that box of cracker jacks because he still has not,will not, and wont ever confess. just remember this people you get what you put in to life AND PEOPLE GET WYHAT THEY DESERVE..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oilfield jobs 10 hr Skampy 19
Kawasaki shop 11 hr Juan Carlos 3
Stop! 21 hr Otnot 11
Crystal Dawn Cape (Dec '15) Wed Juan Carlos 7
Who knows Nancy Ellen Wed Juan Carlos 2
trying to find him Wed The true otnot 8
Elks Millionaires Wed Vidduri 9

Elk City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance