little girl drowns to death in burns ...
Stuart Carr

Lindsay, OK

#127 Jun 9, 2012
Bottom line folks....A baby died....age, color, creed does NOT matter! My wife and I stopped by tonight to see if they needed anything and were told we were the first ones to stop by!!!! WTF we are a community here, I do not know theses folks but I seeked them out. I have babies this age and if you do as well you know that a split second is all it takes. ligten up and go reach out to this needy family and thank God it was not one of yours!!!
:)

United States

#128 Jun 9, 2012
stacie wilson-cloyd wrote:
[QUOTE who=":)"]<quoted text>Ooo your one classy Aunt! Bring it? Feeling a little ghetto? And I'm suppose to be the trashy one huh? Why don't you take your redneck, white trash, butch acting ass back a few post and you can see where I said I admired your nephew for being the ONLY person in this overly crowded pool for having the balls to jump in after her. I understand you don't want to hear it because your nephews a lifeguard but it's their job to guard the life of the people in the pool. Simple as that or we wouldn't need them. Or you know, at least glance at the pool every now and than and see if there is a body at the bottom. BUT hey what do I know, I was only a lifeguard for 14 years. My point all this family (the ones that are TRULY hurting from this, the ones that lost an amazing child in their lives) need to know that their are negligent people and facilities at fault. And if scroll of few more comments back you'll see where I asked "explain to me what these lifeguards (you know the ones that as suppose to be watching the pool, after all that's what they are paid for) were doing while this child was sinking to the bottom of the pool, what they were doing while she was at the bottom of the pool for 10 minutes (now that time is hear say)? If you can give me a valid, reasonable, even a slightly plausible answer I'll shut my mouth now."

well bitch clearly you don't know me or my family . White trash not even bitch .. How about you go out and get a job and off welfare and shut the hell up . If u were there and your a trained life guard then why didn't you see her ?? Why didnt you jump in and pull her out ?? Were you to busy smoking crack to notice ?? Shut up for the sake of my nephew who is having a really hard time with this and mostly for the sake of the family who lost their daughter .. Want to point fingers .. How about good ole grandma who wasn't watching this lil girl that's where the Blame lies not with anyone else not the city not the life guards with grandma .. Shut up .. You are full of nothing but hate ..
Is that all you can say is bitch? We might need to expand your vocabulary a little bit. And if it makes you feel any better I'm not on welfare nor do I have insurance at the moment if its any of your business seeing as how I'm new to this crack pot town I'm able to pay all my bills and medical bills out of pocket and I don't work :) its all about your nephew. Did he lose a daughter? A grand daughter? A family member of any sort in this accident? I don't think so. The blame lays partly on grandma for not keeping a close eye on her, partly on the pool staff for NOT doing their job, and the city for hiring incompetent workers.

If you actually knew me you would not I'm not some hateful person, I'm not a bully, and I'm actually a pretty damn good person all around. However I am blunt and speak truth with logic behind it. But for people to say that this was no one or just one persons fault, has tunnel vision. Grandma should have had her eye on the kid. But still without passing the buck tell me what the lifeguards (all of them, not just your nephew he is not singled out) was doing while this little child was sinking to the bottom of the pool? What they were doing while she was just laying at the bottom of this pool? I think it's a valid question, put yourself in a different position. Not the aunt trying to defend her family. But as a by stander and tell me what a lifeguards job actually is?

Tulsa, OK

#129 Jun 9, 2012
Realville wrote:
Smiley face is one of the few people that understands the duties of a lifeguard!! A lifeguard is the last line of protection if someone has difficulty in the water. These aren't volunteers. Aren't they paid for their services, and aren't they trained and certified? For the people worried about the lifeguard's feelings, screw their feelings!!!! I don't know if it's true, but I heard from a supposed eyewitness that while the two female lifeguard's were hesitating, a male became aware of the situation and came from the other side and entered the water. Problem is that several minutes had passed by then. Has anyone heard the rumor that the girl was pushed in, and the bottom suction was turned on high, without checking the bottom of the pool for swimmers??
That's my only point. I've seen several people say this community needs to come together in this time and I agree, but someone needs to be held accountable before something like this happens to another child. Grandma should have been watching, no doubt. But we have lifeguards for a reason, they are on a stand so they can see all the way down into the water. They can see up there what we can't see from the ground. And the ONLY person who went in after her, not even on a stand is a kid that was on the other side of the pool. The Aunt keeps getting all crazy with me because I guess I am generalizing the lifeguards but at least he tried to save this child.

Tulsa, OK

#130 Jun 9, 2012
Stuart Carr wrote:
Bottom line folks....A baby died....age, color, creed does NOT matter! My wife and I stopped by tonight to see if they needed anything and were told we were the first ones to stop by!!!! WTF we are a community here, I do not know theses folks but I seeked them out. I have babies this age and if you do as well you know that a split second is all it takes. ligten up and go reach out to this needy family and thank God it was not one of yours!!!
Believe it or not since I'm evidently some horrible person on this site since I feel someone needs to be held accountable. I have tried to seek these people out, I am new around here and don't really know how to go about it. In one of my very first post to this thread I offered to do anything I could for this family.
again

Elk City, OK

#131 Jun 9, 2012
How can all the life guards watch all of the children? Thats why parents are to watch there children. Leson learned.
ken

Elk City, OK

#132 Jun 9, 2012
If i take myy 7 yr old to a pool i will keep my eye on him. Bottom line watch your kids. Dont leave it up to a 16 yr old.

Tulsa, OK

#133 Jun 9, 2012
again wrote:
How can all the life guards watch all of the children? Thats why parents are to watch there children. Leson learned.
Then tell me why we have lifeguards? Of course parents should keep an eye on their kids, but still why do we have lifeguards?
young mother

Elk City, OK

#134 Jun 9, 2012
[QUOTE who=":)"]<quoted text>
Believe it or not since I'm evidently some horrible person on this site since I feel someone needs to be held accountable. I have tried to seek these people out, I am new around here and don't really know how to go about it. In one of my very first post to this thread I offered to do anything I could for this family.[/QUOTE]

Anyway to help the family? Where are the located? Names? I would like to help with meals or something and i know a couple good laywers that are family friends.
young mother

Elk City, OK

#135 Jun 9, 2012
Anyone?
jennifer

Haslet, TX

#136 Jun 9, 2012
Ok well let's see here unless u r the child's parents and or family u have no business trying to play detective and or trying to hold someone to blame for it! It's not ur place to do this if the family wants answers then they will get them. I hate this site with a passion but this is my town and I'm proud to come from here and the life guards are not teenagers. As for my cousin he is just as affected by this as the family he tried his hardest to save her and now every time he closes his eyes he's gonna see this poor angel. It affected everyone who was there. So please for the love of god stop. The only person who is gonna judge anyone is god so pray for the family and stop giving ur opinion no one want to hear it anymore. I have turned this forum in to topixs and it will be taken off so just go stop posting on here and go love your babies instead. Life is too short to be trying to figure out who what where when and how let the cops and the city take ate of that not you or anyone else.
mad

Spicer, MN

#137 Jun 9, 2012
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG-Its impossible for her to get sucked to the drain or for her hair to have got caught in any filter. The pool doesn't work like that. Yes I know this because I have maintained that pool and other public pools similar to it.
Mr. Nobody, guess what? They drained the pool today and there was no covers on the drains. Maybe you worked on another pool or was you sleeping too??

To all parents please check the drains at any public pool. You can see the bottom of the pools. I thought several years ago a law was passed that all public pools had to have the drains covered.

Tulsa, OK

#138 Jun 9, 2012
jennifer wrote:
Ok well let's see here unless u r the child's parents and or family u have no business trying to play detective and or trying to hold someone to blame for it! It's not ur place to do this if the family wants answers then they will get them. I hate this site with a passion but this is my town and I'm proud to come from here and the life guards are not teenagers. As for my cousin he is just as affected by this as the family he tried his hardest to save her and now every time he closes his eyes he's gonna see this poor angel. It affected everyone who was there. So please for the love of god stop. The only person who is gonna judge anyone is god so pray for the family and stop giving ur opinion no one want to hear it anymore. I have turned this forum in to topixs and it will be taken off so just go stop posting on here and go love your babies instead. Life is too short to be trying to figure out who what where when and how let the cops and the city take ate of that not you or anyone else.
So your telling me that because this family is more occupied with mourning the loss of a child and planning a funeral for a 7 year old little girl, no one should wonder or expect answers for something that happened at a pool we take our children to? To wonder what the lifeguards that are there to over see the pool and to make sure children are not drowning at the bottom are doing while a little girl is drowning? Everyone is expected to turn their heads and act like it didn't happen? I'm sorry that these lifeguards are having trouble sleeping at night, but this is a job that requires dedication and courage to do what is expected of the person in a time of horror.
jennifer

Haslet, TX

#139 Jun 9, 2012
[QUOTE who=":)"]<quoted text>So your telling me that because this family is more occupied with mourning the loss of a child and planning a funeral for a 7 year old little girl, no one should wonder or expect answers for something that happened at a pool we take our children to? To wonder what the lifeguards that are there to over see the pool and to make sure children are not drowning at the bottom are doing while a little girl is drowning? Everyone is expected to turn their heads and act like it didn't happen? I'm sorry that these lifeguards are having trouble sleeping at night, but this is a job that requires dedication and courage to do what is expected of the person in a time of horror.[/QUOTE]
the town is investigating it and it's not you or anyone elses job to do so the family will get there answers from the town. It's not for us to put post o. A web page and point fingers or say what we think happened or should of been done stop it right now of it was your child then great one and wonderful bit it's not so stop trying to get more crap started. It's not ur job at all if you want to be a honorable person then go to the family and ask them what u can help th with and I they say find out why and how this all went down them fine them go looking but until then stop we are all tired of the bs on here. JUST STOP.

Tulsa, OK

#140 Jun 9, 2012
jennifer wrote:
[QUOTE who=":)"]<quoted text>So your telling me that because this family is more occupied with mourning the loss of a child and planning a funeral for a 7 year old little girl, no one should wonder or expect answers for something that happened at a pool we take our children to? To wonder what the lifeguards that are there to over see the pool and to make sure children are not drowning at the bottom are doing while a little girl is drowning? Everyone is expected to turn their heads and act like it didn't happen? I'm sorry that these lifeguards are having trouble sleeping at night, but this is a job that requires dedication and courage to do what is expected of the person in a time of horror."

the town is investigating it and it's not you or anyone elses job to do so the family will get there answers from the town. It's not for us to put post o. A web page and point fingers or say what we think happened or should of been done stop it right now of it was your child then great one and wonderful bit it's not so stop trying to get more crap started. It's not ur job at all if you want to be a honorable person then go to the family and ask them what u can help th with and I they say find out why and how this all went down them fine them go looking but until then stop we are all tired of the bs on here. JUST STOP.
I'm sorry if you don't like what I'm saying then you don't have to respond. I've notice people in this town like to say that people are starting crap because they want answers about the pool we let our kids go to and the people we trust to watch over the pool. If the family does not want answers that is their business but I believe the community has a right to answers. Everything around this town is sneaky and hidden. You would think that more people would want the truth, but everyone is okay with turning a blind eye to the death of a child. I've had a NEGLIGENT family member not watch a child at a pool and no lifeguards were paying attention and she died. So this matter is close to my heart and very disturbing to me and wether it be my business or not I WILL fight for answers. Yea maybe this isn't the place to do it but to hear people say that no one is a fault is juvenile and gets my blood boiling.
STFU

United States

#141 Jun 9, 2012
You all are a bunch of freaking idiots. First of all I don't believe one word that Stacey freakin Wilson or Jennifer Harris has to say!! They are both screwed off in the head!! Stacey your nephew should be taking this hard. If he wasn't too busy taking pictures for Facebook of having suntan lotion fights or flirting with all the other little lifeguard whores that work there, he would without a doubt have saved that little girl. Every single time I have gone to that pool they do nothing but sit around and flirt with each other or mess around the whole time. They seen it as getting paid to do nothing. I hope they are happy now they made a little girl lose her life all thanks to their ignorance. You say what you want but if any one of those stupid teen f*cks would have been actually doing what they are paid to do, that little girl would be at home with her family and not in a funeral home!! So yes he should feel bad!! He should take it hard!! If he was doing his job if any of them were doing their jobs, they wouldn't be feeling bad!! They are beating theirselves up because they know they are responsible for the death of this little girl and that is eating them up inside. Guess what?? It should be!! They should be charged with manslaughter. That is no different than an EMT just not answering a call, or a doctor just ignoring a dying patient. It is a shame that they caused this. I would love to get my hands on those idiotic little girls that stood there pointing, common since you freaking morons jump in and save her!!! Just proves how idiotic that town is!!
hi

Yukon, OK

#142 Jun 9, 2012
Realville wrote:
<quoted text>Lifeguards are trained and paid to NOT freeze in shock!!! Their job is to protect and save lives!!! Why can't some of you people understand this concept??! If they're at fault,(and I'm not saying they are because I wasn't there) but if the lifeguards failed in their duties, they need to be held accountable, as does their employer.
Some people don't know how they'll act in a crisis until they are actually in one. Someone can be trained and know every right move to make but when it's actually happening some people just don't have it in them to react. And unfortunately the life guards are not people that are going to be able to react with out freezing up
STFU

United States

#143 Jun 9, 2012
And to smiley face, I agree with everything you are saying!! Finally somebody with brains around here. Yes everything is hidden and no answers will be told because it is Burns Flat freaking Oklahoma and everybody gets away with everything around here. It is ridiculous. We got these family members of the so called "lifeguards" coming on here trying to defend their family when they know as well as everybody else in this town that they fucked up. Summer job?? Try murderers!! What is the point of training?? They never even use it!! The pool should be drained and filled up with dirt because I know I will never come back there again. My child has a better chance of being in Foss lake unattended. At least there isn't drains in the middle of it!! Shame on these murderous teens and shame on their stupid families that are taking up for them and justifying basically a homicide!! What for?? So they can keep a good name?? Every single one of those "lifeguards" are scum in my eyes.
about time!

United States

#144 Jun 9, 2012
STFU wrote:
You all are a bunch of freaking idiots. First of all I don't believe one word that Stacey freakin Wilson or Jennifer Harris has to say!! They are both screwed off in the head!! Stacey your nephew should be taking this hard. If he wasn't too busy taking pictures for Facebook of having suntan lotion fights or flirting with all the other little lifeguard whores that work there, he would without a doubt have saved that little girl. Every single time I have gone to that pool they do nothing but sit around and flirt with each other or mess around the whole time. They seen it as getting paid to do nothing. I hope they are happy now they made a little girl lose her life all thanks to their ignorance. You say what you want but if any one of those stupid teen f*cks would have been actually doing what they are paid to do, that little girl would be at home with her family and not in a funeral home!! So yes he should feel bad!! He should take it hard!! If he was doing his job if any of them were doing their jobs, they wouldn't be feeling bad!! They are beating theirselves up because they know they are responsible for the death of this little girl and that is eating them up inside. Guess what?? It should be!! They should be charged with manslaughter. That is no different than an EMT just not answering a call, or a doctor just ignoring a dying patient. It is a shame that they caused this. I would love to get my hands on those idiotic little girls that stood there pointing, common since you freaking morons jump in and save her!!! Just proves how idiotic that town is!!
I have been paying attention to this since it happened. I can not personally tell why or who I am due to my profession. But I am glad you wrote this. That poor beautiful little angel is gone and Many who never knew her before 2 days ago are mourning her loss and she has affected my life in ways I can't even begin to describe. You are right she shouldn't have died. The life guards are paid to protect any person in a public pool from drowning. This family is in my constant thoughts and prayers.
STFU

United States

#145 Jun 9, 2012
About time, mine too. I had to get that out there because I am sick of hearing about how the lifeguards are having such a hard time!! I don't give a shit about how they feel it would be one thing if they seen her right when it happened and still couldn't save her but I am irate that she was under water for such a long period of time before they even realized it. I would bet money that they were slapping asses with towels and not even paying attention. I am praying for this girls family and I can only imagine the guilt that the poor grandmother has on her heart right now

Tulsa, OK

#146 Jun 9, 2012
STFU wrote:
And to smiley face, I agree with everything you are saying!! Finally somebody with brains around here. Yes everything is hidden and no answers will be told because it is Burns Flat freaking Oklahoma and everybody gets away with everything around here. It is ridiculous. We got these family members of the so called "lifeguards" coming on here trying to defend their family when they know as well as everybody else in this town that they fucked up. Summer job?? Try murderers!! What is the point of training?? They never even use it!! The pool should be drained and filled up with dirt because I know I will never come back there again. My child has a better chance of being in Foss lake unattended. At least there isn't drains in the middle of it!! Shame on these murderous teens and shame on their stupid families that are taking up for them and justifying basically a homicide!! What for?? So they can keep a good name?? Every single one of those "lifeguards" are scum in my eyes.
Well you said it much more ruthless than I was, but you basically took the words right out of my mouth. I'm relatively new around here, I've had a VERY similar thing happen in my family, and I'm a certified lifeguard and CPR certified. So to see these people talk out there ass like there is any logic or plausible action taken in this situation makes me want to slam there face in the ground (with a cop watching and saying they didn't know how to react). With what happened in my situation, the family member and the lifeguards on duty on the stands were charged with negligent homicide and the city was sued. I think it would be a good thing to happen, than maybe and I say MAYBE it won't happen again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elk City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horny 1 hr Sasha27 12
Casa Grande/Old Hotel Downtown 3 hr Flash 1
Office | Studio (Aug '15) 3 hr SciFi Nut 3
Comic Book Store 3 hr SciFi Nut 1
Elks Millionaires 8 hr Juan Carlos 16
Kalbie has taddies Fri Juanda Carlosa 1
Looking for date tonight Fri Bob Up 2

Elk City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance