Want to have your say on the state bu...

Want to have your say on the state budget? Just point and click

There are 37 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jun 20, 2010, titled Want to have your say on the state budget? Just point and click. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Dan of Harrisburg wants to eliminate tax loopholes for corporations doing business in Pennsylvania.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Larry M

Roxbury, PA

#21 Jun 21, 2010
TiredOfFreeloaders wrote:
Spend the money to drug test all of those on unemployment and welfare - if they fail - cut them off! Money saved on free loaders will surely outweigh the cost of the drug testing. And hey.. the legistlators in Harrisburg dont do anything, so let them be the ones doing the testing!!
I second the cup holding.I need a big cup because am on water pills and drink tons of coffee.Does water pills count as a drug.I myself are in faver of going to blue ink instead of gold ink to save money lol.Thanks for making my day your a life saver.lol
John

United States

#22 Jun 21, 2010
If you want to balance the budget lets do it and make it work for the years to come.
1. Start by getting rid of half the unneeded people taking up space in the government (the people making sure someone else is doing their job) it only takes one to do the job they are hired to do.
2. Lets get rid of all the government owned transpertation they can use their own transportation.Wedo not hire their Transpertatiop only them.
3. All government workers give half their pay back and only accept a fair workers pay and only pay for time in office. Give up all wine and dine money if they want to wine and dine their freinds take it out of their own account not ours. Work like an american not a greedy politictical power.
What I have said here will balance the budget for the next many years.
Reality Check

Mount Laurel, NJ

#23 Jun 21, 2010
What a ridiculous site. As if the legislators are actually going to consider anything that is posted on that site. Now how much money did the state waste putting that thing together?
bob of ephrata

Lititz, PA

#24 Jun 21, 2010
mike veon's driver is still on the state payrole at about 130,000 a year.get rid of the deadwood in harrisburg.
you people dont know

York, PA

#25 Jun 21, 2010
how about our roads 30-50 dollars an hour why prevailing wage is a joke. nobody is wearth that i been there and done that for 29 years now im unemployed and no work. think people how much can the state get done if we just cut that in half. maybe alot of us can get back to work. im ready to work. and thats just the begining schools goverment buildings rebuilds i will work for half my children are getting hungry and need cloths
morris schrum

AOL

#26 Jun 21, 2010
How about putting people in harrisburg that aren't crooks ! start there.
helena murray

United States

#27 Jun 21, 2010
cut down the number of people in the state assembly. Eliminate certain districts and combine them according to population. highest get the most. Limit the number of staff each member of the house and senate gets.Turn down the thermastat for heat in all offices and olitical rooms. If it is 68 degrees, lower it to 67 or 66. It is healthier and many seniors have done so because they cannot afford to heat their homes. Up the temperature for air conditioner to 75 degrees and add more fans. Also Install solar panels on the roof of the capital building and other state offices. The military 9marines have started doing it at camp Lajeune and the other services are going to do it.

Tax the profits on the oil companies from the marcellis shale. Take away the cars from all state employees. They do not need them . Too much abuse there. Limit it if u have to do so.Raise the taxes on luxuries again, tobacco and alcohol, furs, and yachts. Buy low water volume for all state toliets in all state buildings.caulk and weatherize all windows in all state buildings. Have a clerk of the works for all state projects to prevent overruns, shoddy materials, and graft. There are plenty retired housing inspectors, craftsmen, and experienced construction workers who would be willing to work on contract only for each job. They did that in our school district to make sure that there were no overruns, mistakes, and collusions with the bidder and architects. Listen to the employees of every new building replacing or adding on to another one. We warned the principal about the low-lying brick wall being a haven for skateboarders and the glass skylights being targets over our entrance with the new overhang. They had to come back and put rocks on the top of the brick wall standing up every foot to dissuade them and took out the glass and replaced it with hard plastic.
dick

York, PA

#28 Jun 21, 2010
Tired of seeing it wrote:
Food Stamps should pay for toilet paper and laundry soap ---NOT soda and potato chips
Exactly, let them feed themselves, FS should be for emergencies, like health items! Most are FAT enough, they are not starving!
Tam

Delta, PA

#29 Jun 21, 2010
my husband is a state worker..........once again i have to see my husband stress out because the clowns in the state capital can not decide what to do, this is so old!!! I can't wait until Rendell is out of here.........He doesn't have money for the budget, yet he gives it away for other stuff........people who are riding the welfare wagon, etc...!!! Pitiful excuse for government!
deek

York, PA

#31 Jun 21, 2010
Larry M wrote:
Were in the world would you come up with that every one that lost there job and collecting unemployment is on drugs.Whats drugs is the person on.No one can be this dumb,really.
PERHAPS, a better way to describe this person is they are having a harmless outbreak of freedom of speech as it would be, FRUSTRATION, or HAVIN THE SH*TS OF THE BUMS! Times are tuff, who wants to support the LAZY PEOPLE???
deek

York, PA

#32 Jun 21, 2010
YORK TAX Payer wrote:
Unfortunately the only waste I see is at the top. We are paying too much money for a politicians who cannot do their jobs properly. There are too many politicians and not enough workers today in government. When you look at the amount of people you have working on a budget and other special interest nonsense it’s a total waste of taxpayer dollars. Look at all the salaries being paid for nothing. Do you really think anyone should be paid this amount of money for what they produce? Can you imagine if the average state worker spent all day arguing about how to get their job done with other co-workers and accomplishing nothing by the end of the day, what kind of services would we receive? Yet the political fat threatens to take their jobs away when they cannot do their own job. Is that fair? The
politicians expect these people to produce at a much lower salary while they take a whole year to put a budget together. We elect political leaders to do a job not to hire consulting firms to teach them how to do their jobs. Does anyone realize how much we pay these consulting firms to tell us what we cannot accomplish in the end? It would make you sick if you knew. It's time to replace all the dead weight with new people. Get involved this November, let's get all the dead weight out before it's too late. Get people in office who know how to fix problems without counting on others. After all, this is what we pay them to do.
Excellent post, don't vote the USUAL unless you want more of the same TAX INCREASES! Grow Balls, vote your heart, not the party!
furbud

York, PA

#33 Jun 21, 2010
Tam wrote:
my husband is a state worker..........once again i have to see my husband stress out because the clowns in the state capital can not decide what to do, this is so old!!! I can't wait until Rendell is out of here.........He doesn't have money for the budget, yet he gives it away for other stuff........people who are riding the welfare wagon, etc...!!! Pitiful excuse for government!
As a previous biz owner of 32 years, yeah I do not like OLD Rendell, I will not address him as a Governor! He rips all the cash from workers and hands it out as gifts, sounds like the GREAT "O" in the white house! SCR*W HIM! NO GOOD AT ALL!
Susan M Grindal

Jersey Shore, PA

#34 Jun 22, 2010
Since the tax amnesty program was so successful, why not repeat it. Perhaps the tax cheats who find out that the govenor is going to hire more tax collectors and follow up on the 2.1 billion still owed, they will have second thoughts. Especially, if the names of all personal and corporate tax liens will be printed in the paper, and the coprporate officers of the companies will be personally responsible. I think, however, the amnesty rules should be modified to not be as lienent as the last amnesty in reference to the last group that paid up. Perhaps Pennsylvania could save most of the 2.3 million that is proposed to hire the new tax collecting agents also.
Also, if the PA government is proposing trying to collect the back taxes, this job should be outsourced so no up front dollars be paid out and the state would get a percentage of the collected amount. I understand that this is the way most other back debt is collected.
melissa

Wayne, PA

#35 Jun 22, 2010
all i have to say is they knew last year there was an issue and had all year to work it out.
if i did not do my job i would be fired.!!!
miss meow

York, PA

#36 Jun 22, 2010
tim daulton wrote:
how many st. cars get taken home , AS A LUXURY , this practice Is no longer an acceptable perk. you drive to work , then If business dictates then you take a state car/tk. to your destination & return. well someone do there job & get a handle on this cost over run to the state, and remind you they do not pay for repairs , FUEL , inspection , Ins. for heavens sake we are talking multimillions of my/our monies on 'FAT CATS' STOP SPENDING MY MONIES NEEDLESSLY. OH ! SEE HOW MANY HAVE COLLEGE DEGREES iT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!
EXACTLY! Honestly for the money paid the lawmakers, they should use there own car and get the mileage reimbursement (.50 per mile) for Business Travel, not back and forth to home. They have to live as we do, it is there job!
Tax payer

Covina, CA

#37 Jun 23, 2010
Whats funny to me is that we vote you in as representatives for the tax payers of the state and you guys are suppose to be working for us and all you guys are doing is taking time off and adding more taxes and it must be nice having 6 figure incomes and taking side offers from oil companies and pharmacuiticals THE MANS GREED WILL END US ALL!!!!!!!!
Tim of Johnstown

Johnstown, PA

#38 Jun 27, 2010
I want the legislators to start with their own budget.
Eliminate per diem and go to actual expenses. Get rid of the leased vehicles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Non Compliant Offender Lisa Anna Plusch Dec '17 Mimallah 1
shooting in etown (Oct '06) Nov '17 Jeremy 59
News Middletown Man Tries to Hire Hit Man to Take Ou... (Mar '06) Nov '17 Still abusive 5
News Police and fire log -2/20 (Feb '10) Nov '17 Exlover 6
News Mom who beat girl for incorrect Bible verses ge... Nov '17 Al Jolson 46
News Couple Charged with Child Abuse (Jul '06) Sep '17 thaonandonlyIna 11
News Man has been charged with environmental violati... (May '09) Sep '17 aol 174

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages