Some Pennsylvania residents prefer to...

Some Pennsylvania residents prefer to stay jobless, Corbett says

There are 10 comments on the PittsburghLIVE.com story from Jul 10, 2010, titled Some Pennsylvania residents prefer to stay jobless, Corbett says. In it, PittsburghLIVE.com reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate and state Attorney General Tom Corbett charged Friday that some Pennsylvanians would rather stay home and collect unemployment checks than go back to work -- provoking angry responses from his opponent and the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO. "The jobs are there.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PittsburghLIVE.com.

Happy

Southfield, MI

#1 Jul 10, 2010
Not all, but some I think do......It is going to make us a lazy nation....I was unemployed for about a year....I made myself busy helping at the food banks and helping my elderly neighbors....Its easy to get into a lazy state of mind
Unemployed person

Stewartstown, PA

#2 Jul 11, 2010
I can only hope every unemployed person in the state of PA votes against this idiot. How are we to get jobs if there are none (0) to get. If he knows where so many jobs are, he should tell the rest of PA where to look. Another fat cat that doesn't know what he is talking about. Come on you 590,000 unemployed people, think about this and vote against TOM CORBETT
Paul

Dover, PA

#3 Jul 11, 2010
Unemployed person wrote:
I can only hope every unemployed person in the state of PA votes against this idiot. How are we to get jobs if there are none (0) to get. If he knows where so many jobs are, he should tell the rest of PA where to look. Another fat cat that doesn't know what he is talking about. Come on you 590,000 unemployed people, think about this and vote against TOM CORBETT
WE need to get people voting and get rid of these BUMS, I would love to see them in an unemployment line.
WILDCAT HOLLOW

Mount Wolf, PA

#4 Jul 11, 2010
When the hell has this not been true ?

“Vladdy's little impaler.”

Since: Jun 08

15th century Wallacia

#5 Jul 12, 2010
Hey Unemployed Person, Every year thousands of illegal immigrants WALK to Biglerville to pick apples. I am assuming you will be there picking instead of them, right? Cause it sure seems easier to drive there from where you are than to walk from MEXICO!

The hundres of jobs available every week in the
classifieds in the Patriot News are not being filled WHY?

Just becasue you think you are too good to work in a menial job doesn't mean you get to suck tax money for life.

15th century Wallacia

#6 Jul 12, 2010
Happy wrote:
Not all, but some I think do......It is going to make us a lazy nation....I was unemployed for about a year....I made myself busy helping at the food banks and helping my elderly neighbors....Its easy to get into a lazy state of mind
Its not the lazy state of mind that bothers me, the the entitlement state of mind.

People who are unemployed (like the ones onthis board) take a victims stance and then feel they are entitled to something.

The fact is, you are not. If the only way to survive is to pump gas or flip burgers, then do it. Taking tax money when you are capable of working ANY job, is stealing.

I lost my job when I was young(just out of college), I applied for unemployment, and got it. I was so humiliated that after 3 weeks I took the first job I could find at the mall, so I could stop taking tax money, it felt so wrong to take money when I didn't work for it. I don't understand how anyone could do that.
Unemployed person

Stewartstown, PA

#7 Jul 12, 2010
robo0425 wrote:
Hey Unemployed Person, Every year thousands of illegal immigrants WALK to Biglerville to pick apples. I am assuming you will be there picking instead of them, right? Cause it sure seems easier to drive there from where you are than to walk from MEXICO!
The hundres of jobs available every week in the
classifieds in the Patriot News are not being filled WHY?
Just becasue you think you are too good to work in a menial job doesn't mean you get to suck tax money for life.
Yes, I would take it but the drive from Delta would not warrant me enough money to get there. I am not asking for anything from PA because I have never worked in PA because my employment has been in MD. I have not had unemployment for four months now and have been forced into early retirement. I have applied at Wal Mart, McDonalds and many other places only to be told I am over qualified. Just want Tom to tell me where the jobs are in PA so that I can apply there. Who are you to judge me and think that I am too good to work a memial job? Working a menial job will not pay the bills of most people. TOM CORBETT is an A$$ and will NOT Get my VOTE

15th century Wallacia

#8 Jul 13, 2010
Quit making excuses UP. If you are so overextended that a few months of underemployment would bury you that's your fault and we shouldn't have to pay for it.

The jobs are there, they are just unpleasant jobs.

As for you being "overquallified" that's a crock. learn how to interview, and lie if you have to, just work.

BTW- You posting your personal sorrows on an internet message board made it everyone's place to judge.
Unemployed person

Stewartstown, PA

#9 Jul 13, 2010
robo0425 wrote:
Quit making excuses UP. If you are so overextended that a few months of underemployment would bury you that's your fault and we shouldn't have to pay for it.
The jobs are there, they are just unpleasant jobs.
As for you being "overquallified" that's a crock. learn how to interview, and lie if you have to, just work.
BTW- You posting your personal sorrows on an internet message board made it everyone's place to judge.
Let me correct that statement. You and Tom Corbett are both A$$e$. I hope unemployment finds you both soon.

15th century Wallacia

#10 Jul 13, 2010
Wow, that was spoken like someone who is just stunned that people see through his self pity and are not giving him the pity he so desparately needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Non Compliant Offender Lisa Anna Plusch Dec '17 Mimallah 1
shooting in etown (Oct '06) Nov '17 Jeremy 59
News Middletown Man Tries to Hire Hit Man to Take Ou... (Mar '06) Nov '17 Still abusive 5
News Police and fire log -2/20 (Feb '10) Nov '17 Exlover 6
News Mom who beat girl for incorrect Bible verses ge... Nov '17 Al Jolson 46
News Couple Charged with Child Abuse (Jul '06) Sep '17 thaonandonlyIna 11
News Man has been charged with environmental violati... (May '09) Sep '17 aol 174

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages