Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Dec 13, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harold

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Feb 26, 2008
Beware of what Windstream tells you on the phone.If you are a new costomer.They told me my bill would be $227.00 for the first bill and when i got it,it was $269.00.They said it was for instalation fee they had no control of.They got me to sign up for 18 months so I could get a $50 rebate on the high speed internet modem.I signed up for the package of phone,cable tv and high speed internet for $99 a month.I am scared to see my next month bill.So be wiery of what they tell you on the phone.I am locked into a 18th month contract.
Harold

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Feb 26, 2008
I am from Elizabethtown,KY not Magnolia
Beth

Clarkson, KY

#3 Feb 26, 2008
I've had Windstream since early October and have had nothing but problems with them. My billing cycles for internet and satellite got messed up so I was getting 2 bills a month and then Dish network sent me a bill for $125 when the satellite was still through Windstream. I think it's funny that when my internet and satellite were coming on sep. bills they one was $30-$35 and the other was $25-$30 so together they would add up to no more than $65 but now that I've got my billing cycles straightened out and they are both on the same bill it's now around $100. Where did the extra $35 come from? I hate Windstream!!
DialUp

Beattyville, KY

#4 Mar 1, 2008
Don't believe anything windstream tells you. They have been telling us for almost 3 years that we should be able to get dial up internet at our home, and at one point they sent us all the equipment to get it started. When we called them with troubles we were having they told us again that we couldn't get it.

It doesn't make since when everyone else around us can get wireless as well. Hodgenville needs more choice in wireless internet providers.
c-ville mimi

United States

#5 Mar 7, 2008
We have the package deal with DSL and it can be hard to get online sometimes and we've done had to have a switch replaced on our DISH satellite and we haven't even had it a year. Our bill also changes amounts. No, we're not overly happy. We've already threatened to have it pulled, many more problems and it's gone.
sam

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Jun 17, 2008
I have Windstream and so far no problems.
Randy

Lakewood, CA

#7 Jul 9, 2008
I've had nothing but problems with their service for 4 years. I have 2 DSL lines, my phone service and satellite service through them and I'm on the phone with "Bob", an indian guy who I can hardly understand at least once a month trying to figure out why my service isn't working. I hate WINDSTREAM and I hope they read this and fix thing. I'm not holding my breathe.
Randy

Lakewood, CA

#8 Jul 9, 2008
By the way, I'm not in Los Angeles, I'm in Central Texas.
Ballhollow

Campbellsville, KY

#9 Jul 12, 2008
I have their phone service and DIAL. I have been on their DSL for a year. The problem I have noticed is their telemarketer people pretty much tell you what you want to hear. When I subscribed I called Windstream direct so I got what they told me I would get at the price they told me. The only exception is the speed I get. I expected problems as I am almost 6 Miles from the switching so I am about 256 downstream instead of 1500 kbs and 107 kbs upstream. Its better then dial-up though.

As for installation they sent the modem I hooked it up and awhile later a guy showed up and checked the speed and that was it.
cardplayer

United States

#10 Aug 27, 2008
windstream is a joke,We have had it a about 2 years now and we have had to call at least 3 times a week,the people are rude and they always want to work on my settings when the trouble is not my settings,it is in their connection.I love how when you call they tell you to go online and check out what could be wrong if I could get on line i would not be calling them

LPT

Since: Aug 08

United States

#11 Aug 30, 2008
Windstream sucks! Bring back GTE.
twister

Columbia, KY

#12 Oct 19, 2008
Yea when I called they said the price was gonna be one thing then it was almost what they said. When i called to ask them about it the lady was rude and said that i just didnt understand. Then I had trouble getting online i called them for help and they ended up messing my computer all up. Im really about to end my service with them.
Just Me

Clinton, IA

#13 Oct 19, 2008
I called windstream before I even moved here and explained that I have a home based business. I explained that I am on the phone a LOT and need a long distance plan that won't cost me an arm and a leg. They gave me their "unlimited long distance" plan.

A year later, they started charging me an extra $20 -$30 (it varied each month) for Long Distance. When I called to find out what it was about they first told me it was for "abuse of long distance services" because I average 2600 minutes per month. DUH!! I told them that when I signed up and it's supposed to be UNLIMITED long distance. So the next person I talked to said it was because I call conference numbers and that tells them that I have a home based business and that's against the rules. DUH again. I told them BEFORE I started the service that I had a home based business.

Needless to say I am no longer with Windstream. THeir DSL sux and they have no clue what they are doihg.
As I see em

Canton, GA

#14 Jan 6, 2009
I am so mad at Windstream that I could spit. They emailed me today and said that I will have to change my alltel email addresses that I have had for over ten years! Sorry for the trouble... Well, now I have to change God only knows how many accounts and contacts with my personal and business addresses! I am livid, to say the least. It will take me about a week to find them all. Goodbye windstream.net hello gmail!! The lady I called today to complain apologized and proceeded to try to sell me the same services I have for exactly one dollar more! I told her I would keep my dollar in my pocket thank you very little...
Ronnie Daniels

Topeka, KS

#15 Jan 6, 2009
i had windstream for a couple months and told them I wasnt gonna pay the bill until they fixed the billing errors and gave me the 12mbps connection i was supposed to have instead of 2.7mbps my phone internet and dish was disconnected the next day and they wiped the whole bill away. So i guess i cant be happy but cant really bitch seeing i got free (shitty) internet for 2 months
lol
you and me

Rineyville, KY

#16 Jan 8, 2009
windstream is the biggest joke i have ever seen . please lets get another phone service here. i like brandnburg but dont like thier internet so guess ill disconnect windstream and just use my cell and go to comcast
candcmay

Hemphill, TX

#17 Dec 1, 2009
I live in rual E. Texas, and have windstream, I opted for the 59.99 bundle, internet and unlimited calling, my bill is 103.00 a month, no one can explain where the extra money is added in for. Also, I am supposed to have 3.mb dsl, I sometimes dont even get .86 kbps, have called, complained and asked for refund which was refused. The bad thing is I don't have a choice as what phone service to get, as windstream is all that is offered here. I can not get cell phone service here either because of my location in the woods. I feel like a prisioner, no choices, do what they say or do without.
punki

Bardstown, KY

#18 Dec 8, 2009
thanks for the warning. my fiance and i were considering windstream, but not now.
No Mobile Email

Campbellsville, KY

#19 Dec 17, 2009
Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth. I have Windstream and I don't really have any complaints with their DSL to my home. However, I recently upgraded my cellphone to one that was capable of receiving emails...or so I thought. It turns out that windstream was not one of the email providers listed in my cellphone (Samsung A877 model)...which means I could not program it to automatically receive my emails. I asked to change to an I-Phone and the guy was ready to comply, but warned me that I-Phone would also not be able to receive my email directly. With that, he provided a work-around...I had to create an email account with one that was listed on the Samsung phone and have my home email blind-forwarded to the new account. It works...but not the best in the world. Just something to consider if you are about to upgrade cellphones with the intention of being able to receive your emails on it as well.
R Smith

Youngstown, OH

#20 Feb 22, 2010
I've had a number of problems with windstream communications. To make a long story short "DROP WINDSTREAM"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min Jay 151,298
Tattoo artists in Elizabethtown (Sep '13) 1 hr Clipper 89
Etown Arby's closed 1 hr Chad 30
Baskeball lessons 1 hr Chad 6
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Me 1,591
Oh Sherry 1 hr Tisk 37
sociopath shawn foley at agc nights drives a bl... 2 hr Jackie 3
•••
•••
•••

Elizabethtown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000