Communicare Job Cuts
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
THE AXE

Vine Grove, KY

#1 Feb 4, 2011
I was just wondering what is going on over at communicare with all of the jobs and positions being cut? Is it still just the downfall of a bad economy or is there something DEEPER? Communicare is a large supplier of local jobs...not good for the area!!!??? YIKES!
OhGosh

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Feb 4, 2011
Haven't heard about it. When did they cut and how many?
Blondie

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Feb 4, 2011
I know for the most part they are funded by federal and state money. I am assuming the cut backs across the government would cause this. Its sad to see programs that are probably short staffed to start with and are desperately needed in a community have positions cut.
Mitch in Radcliff

Brandenburg, KY

#4 Apr 1, 2014
What is going on with this company and all of the changes?
It Is Deeper

Versailles, KY

#5 Apr 2, 2014
Last year Communicare hired a new CEO, Bob Rivera. He was promoted from HR Director to the CEO position after Dan Simpson, CEO, retired.
Bob Rivera has been responsible for the job and position cuts at Communicare. As a matter of fact, in doing so he stepped on the "good ole boys" toes and as a result, he was fired himself a couple of weeks ago. And, you may have guessed, Dan Simpson was brought back in as interim CEO. It has been said that Bob "messed with Dan's girls", and when Dan Simpson was alerted to this, he contacted Communicare board members, who promptly fired Bob.
Communicare has a history of severe financial problems. It was in 2007 or 2008 they were charged with Medicare fraud, or "misappropriation of Medicare funds" and had to repay millions. This is a system that is run by the good ole boys, and they are the only ones that benefit. You would be hard pressed to find a Communicare employee that likes their job or the agency.
Mitch in Radcliff

Brandenburg, KY

#6 Apr 2, 2014
So with the changes that have been made by Bob and the total chaotic mess that he has created, will they fix these? Sounds like he needed to be let go but has the damage been done? There are so many people that have left, been let go or one foot out the door! For a company that claims to be looking out for the individuals that they service, they have overlooked their needs and safety with this mess.
It Is Deeper

Versailles, KY

#7 Apr 3, 2014
No question that Dan Simpson will bring back some of those that Bob terminated. Some of these folks retired, but wanted to return to double-dip. Regardless, unless you are one of "Dan's girls", it's a horrible place to work, and yes, the damage has been done. Many individuals are being moved to other agencies for their services, due to the negligence at the Communicare workshops and group homes. It is not a safe place, and hasn't been for some time.
HCI

New York, NY

#8 Apr 3, 2014
If they don't start treating their employees better and putting clients and individuals first, the company is going to crumble. They are losing good caregivers by cutting benefits and hours and taking away the ability to provide for our families. It's a JOKE.
It Is Deeper

Versailles, KY

#9 Apr 3, 2014
HCI wrote:
If they don't start treating their employees better and putting clients and individuals first, the company is going to crumble. They are losing good caregivers by cutting benefits and hours and taking away the ability to provide for our families. It's a JOKE.
You are correct. In order to repay Medicare funds and fines, Communicare has cut staff hours, benefits, and services to clients in the MRDD program (such as respite). What concerns me the most is Communicare taking resources from the MRDD program, which is the only program that has kept them afloat all the years they've been in business. These are the most vulnerable individuals. If you have loved ones in that program and you care about their safety, you should consider moving their services to another agency. Communicare has been managed poorly since the late 1990s, when the then CEO, Bill Osbourne's secretary, Rita Sampson, retired. After she left the agency, there was, and continues to be a severe moral decline in that agency.
HCI

Brandenburg, KY

#10 Apr 3, 2014
What is most disturbing to me, is that in all of their trainings that they make us take as employees ( both current and past) they PREACH being taken advantage of. We are told how vulnerable they are and how we are working with them to support equality and community acceptance and diversion. Yet they are putting them in harms way by cutting current programs. AFC providers now have to find their own respite providers and pay them a negotiated rate. Yet they can leave these clients with anyone basically. No medical admissions training needed. No CPR training. Just anyone available to give us a day off. I just sit back and watch a company I grew up with in the community be so strong and benifical to our local area fall to another company that just sees dollar signs. What a mess.
Hardin CO long term

Brandenburg, KY

#11 Apr 3, 2014
I have brought this decline to the attention of as many people as will listen. I have talked to staff that are too afraid of ruffling a few feathers, to say anything to their immediate supervisors. I have watched some of the best employees let go because they questioned protocol. I really hope that this thread and whoever started it (bless your heart) gets the attention that it deserves. It is never appropriate for money to be the deciding factor in what fuels decisions in a company. It is incredibly sad to devote more than a dozen years to a company, to see it steadily decline to the point the services are no longer recognizable. STAFF, LOOK AROUND YOU. no one has morale here. No one has loyalty and devotion like it did even ten years ago. The ones of us that have stayed long term do it because we love our clients that we service. We love the growth that we see in our efforts. But we are all disposable. Don't believe me? Look around you. Question the system or the good ole boy run company and you will be led out with a box of things like garbage. SPEAK UP. Be accountable for what is happening to a company that WE HELPED TO EXCEED. Its not to late for this company to do what is right. and that is to service the community that we all live in.
Sad Indeed

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Apr 3, 2014
HCI wrote:
What is most disturbing to me, is that in all of their trainings that they make us take as employees ( both current and past) they PREACH being taken advantage of. We are told how vulnerable they are and how we are working with them to support equality and community acceptance and diversion. Yet they are putting them in harms way by cutting current programs. AFC providers now have to find their own respite providers and pay them a negotiated rate. Yet they can leave these clients with anyone basically. No medical admissions training needed. No CPR training. Just anyone available to give us a day off. I just sit back and watch a company I grew up with in the community be so strong and benifical to our local area fall to another company that just sees dollar signs. What a mess.
Your post is troubling to read. Knowing the good history of this agency, I feel your pain at having to watch it fall apart.
Sad Indeed

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Apr 3, 2014
Hardin CO long term wrote:
I have brought this decline to the attention of as many people as will listen. I have talked to staff that are too afraid of ruffling a few feathers, to say anything to their immediate supervisors. I have watched some of the best employees let go because they questioned protocol. I really hope that this thread and whoever started it (bless your heart) gets the attention that it deserves. It is never appropriate for money to be the deciding factor in what fuels decisions in a company. It is incredibly sad to devote more than a dozen years to a company, to see it steadily decline to the point the services are no longer recognizable. STAFF, LOOK AROUND YOU. no one has morale here. No one has loyalty and devotion like it did even ten years ago. The ones of us that have stayed long term do it because we love our clients that we service. We love the growth that we see in our efforts. But we are all disposable. Don't believe me? Look around you. Question the system or the good ole boy run company and you will be led out with a box of things like garbage. SPEAK UP. Be accountable for what is happening to a company that WE HELPED TO EXCEED. Its not to late for this company to do what is right. and that is to service the community that we all live in.
You are right. Morale is poor in that agency, due to the serious moral decline of the executive department. So, what do you do? Stay on a sinking ship or bale? Some will stay because they love their clients. Some, because they are close to retirement (the long timers who also love their clients). Speaking up is good, if you can afford to lose your job. Do try to keep this post going. Maybe someone who has some clout will address it with the executive management. Maybe someone will have an idea on how to address this without one losing their job.
HCI interesting

Brandenburg, KY

#14 Apr 4, 2014
It will be interesting to see what the staff and supervisors say when these posts are discussed in their "private meetings". I hope Dan Simpson can reverse some if the decisions that have been made in the past year.
Family attends services

Brandenburg, KY

#15 Apr 4, 2014
This is all very disturbing to read. I have an immediate family member that receives services through HCI and the MRDD division. The staff is always very kind but to read that they are being cut in hours and in the services that they can now provide us is disgusting. From what I was told services will change as of te individuals birthday and respite will no longer be offered in the current working order. Yet when questions aria as to how the services will work I am told that they are still working out details. Wouldn't you think that a company that implements changes would have some answers? We will be seeking case management at another company immediately.
In the Dark

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Apr 5, 2014
Family attends services wrote:
This is all very disturbing to read. I have an immediate family member that receives services through HCI and the MRDD division. The staff is always very kind but to read that they are being cut in hours and in the services that they can now provide us is disgusting. From what I was told services will change as of te individuals birthday and respite will no longer be offered in the current working order. Yet when questions aria as to how the services will work I am told that they are still working out details. Wouldn't you think that a company that implements changes would have some answers? We will be seeking case management at another company immediately.
Does anyone know why the Department of Labor has been investigating the working conditions of the individuals employed in Communicare's workshops, in all counties? Heard DOL has been there for weeks. If the DOL is concerned about our family members, why hasn't Communicare told us about it?
crazyness

Ashburn, VA

#17 Apr 8, 2014
It Is Deeper wrote:
Last year Communicare hired a new CEO, Bob Rivera. He was promoted from HR Director to the CEO position after Dan Simpson, CEO, retired.
Bob Rivera has been responsible for the job and position cuts at Communicare. As a matter of fact, in doing so he stepped on the "good ole boys" toes and as a result, he was fired himself a couple of weeks ago. And, you may have guessed, Dan Simpson was brought back in as interim CEO. It has been said that Bob "messed with Dan's girls", and when Dan Simpson was alerted to this, he contacted Communicare board members, who promptly fired Bob.
Communicare has a history of severe financial problems. It was in 2007 or 2008 they were charged with Medicare fraud, or "misappropriation of Medicare funds" and had to repay millions. This is a system that is run by the good ole boys, and they are the only ones that benefit. You would be hard pressed to find a Communicare employee that likes their job or the agency.
this such craziness but it's all true communicare no longer worry about thereclients ..... I would not want my family member there ...
stay away from there

Ashburn, VA

#18 Apr 8, 2014
That place has gone down hill since all the Frankfort bunch came to work there.... getting paid there BIG PRICE SALARYS .....
really

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Apr 9, 2014
stay away from there wrote:
That place has gone down hill since all the Frankfort bunch came to work there.... getting paid there BIG PRICE SALARYS .....
It's sad to hear anyone make money on handicapped people..
Sinking Ship

Versailles, KY

#20 Apr 10, 2014
Staff reimbursement checks are bouncing this week. Dan Simpson, Interim CEO, sent out a notice that someone made a deposit to the wrong bank account and that is why our checks are bouncing. Sure...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Evans (Mar '14) 17 min Becca 21
Kurt busch Metalsa 3 hr Kurt 6
Angels in the Outfield 4 hr Bob in denial 9
Michelle Roten 6 hr Honk 1
Molly 6 hr Crow 6
kaycee bedingfield (Jul '12) 9 hr tweetybird9 65
Best buy 10 hr Derek Vowels 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages