First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I do not understand

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Jan 19, 2013
I do not understand why we HAVE to spend all this wasted money on another inauguration!!! That money could be spent for many, money more things than to buy a dress, dance and feed a bunch of freeloaders. If England can have a Queen now, why can't the U.S. give up this practice??????
oh well

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jan 20, 2013
you know how it is with getting all dressed up in your best threads and eating a big meal. chicken, watermelon, etc. all the fambly coming in.
racist

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Jan 20, 2013
jerk and your comments need to take a hike. It is a PRESIDENT'S inauguration. Just like Bush, President Obama will have his SECOND one. Deal with and quit being a racist ignorant pig.
back off

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jan 20, 2013
racist wrote:
jerk and your comments need to take a hike. It is a PRESIDENT'S inauguration. Just like Bush, President Obama will have his SECOND one. Deal with and quit being a racist ignorant pig.
hey, who are you to tell someone they can't have their OWN opinion? sure doesn't have to agree with yours. i have to agree, too much money wasted on party time in d.c.
handymanIII

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jan 20, 2013
I think it would be a very nice gesture if the president was serious about cutting the debt (which we all know he's not) by doing a personal cutback and saving the country who knows how much by just being sworn in inside his office in a quiet ceremony. Look at all the people who lost their jobs, homes, and retirement savings. What do they have to celebrate?
Fairchild

Vine Grove, KY

#7 Jan 20, 2013
1. You should have paid attention in school.
The balls and most of the cost of the parade and ceremony is funded by donors. All partys are paid for by private donors, even the Presidential ball and dinner.
The added cost of public services caused by the crowds. such as additional police to direct traffic, additional security, cleaning the streets, etc. are paid from public funds. Of course the event also produces added revenue from taxes on sales, meals, lodging, etc.

2. What is the connection between England haning a Queen and the USA Having an elected official> Are you suggesting we should have a monarchy in order to not have an inguaration every 4 years? Again, you missed out the day that the reasons for the Declaration of Independence wa discussed!

3. he WAS sworn in today in a small ceremony. The big event will be tomorrow. This is because of the rules concerning not having the Inaugation parade on a Sunday.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jan 20, 2013
The inauguration ceremony is less about who is being sworn in, and more about celebrating our ability to peacefully transition power through voting. It's a celebration of our democracy, not a victory party for the winners (that's why the loser is there as well). So I say it should be a big deal regardless of what your political slant is.
racist

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Jan 20, 2013
back off wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, who are you to tell someone they can't have their OWN opinion? sure doesn't have to agree with yours. i have to agree, too much money wasted on party time in d.c.
idiots like you can deal with it buddy. No one said they couldn't have an opinion. It just should have racist overtones. Meaning, noone was throwing a tantrum when Bush had his second inauguration or any other President ELECTED to a second term. Most all festivities is paid for by donations. Get educated and learn how to read what the words mean. Noone has to agree with me or you. It is AMERICA and you can have your own opinion. You should not throw hate, racism and denial in it. So back off yourself dumbass.
handymanIII

Knoxville, TN

#11 Jan 20, 2013
Fairchild wrote:
1. You should have paid attention in school.
The balls and most of the cost of the parade and ceremony is funded by donors. All partys are paid for by private donors, even the Presidential ball and dinner.
The added cost of public services caused by the crowds. such as additional police to direct traffic, additional security, cleaning the streets, etc. are paid from public funds. Of course the event also produces added revenue from taxes on sales, meals, lodging, etc.
2. What is the connection between England haning a Queen and the USA Having an elected official> Are you suggesting we should have a monarchy in order to not have an inguaration every 4 years? Again, you missed out the day that the reasons for the Declaration of Independence wa discussed!
3. he WAS sworn in today in a small ceremony. The big event will be tomorrow. This is because of the rules concerning not having the Inaugation parade on a Sunday.
Like I said. What's to celebrate?
hmmmm

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Jan 20, 2013
God bless Obama!
Mee

United States

#13 Jan 20, 2013
hmmmm wrote:
God bless Obama!
God would bless Obama...if he called out His name. His name is NOT "Allah". God bless America, our troops, our families, and our churches. Heaven knows God is the only thing that we have to trust under Obamas tyrannies.
Deal

United States

#14 Jan 20, 2013
Mee wrote:
<quoted text>
God would bless Obama...if he called out His name. His name is NOT "Allah". God bless America, our troops, our families, and our churches. Heaven knows God is the only thing that we have to trust under Obamas tyrannies.
lmfao.....u have nothing else to fall back on but race...2funny
Mee

United States

#15 Jan 20, 2013
Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
I said NOTHING in regards to race. My post was about faith. Sounds to me that YOU are the one falling back on race. If you show me where I said anything of race I'll be glad to apologize. Poor undereducated little thing, your stupid is showing. Don't worry there are intelligent people of all kinds and races out there who don't have to cry "I'm stupid cause whitey hates me!". You're just not one of them...too funny <- see..,thats spelling.
Exactly

Campbellsville, KY

#16 Jan 20, 2013
Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all they have plus loser candidates. lmao too

GOD bless our President Obama and GOD bless America.
Mee

United States

#17 Jan 20, 2013
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all they have plus loser candidates. lmao too
GOD bless our President Obama and GOD bless America.
Umm...yeah. Refer to what I said to the other dummy. Race is all YOU people fall back on.
Exactly

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Jan 20, 2013
Mee wrote:
<quoted text>Umm...yeah. Refer to what I said to the other dummy. Race is all YOU people fall back on.
Take your caps dumMee and stick them. You are a joke like the rest of your repuke buddies. Suck it up for four more years, your rich loser congressman ditch mitch couldn't make him a one term President. Go make some tea and watch some more of your faux news you clueless nut.
Mee

United States

#19 Jan 21, 2013
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your caps dumMee and stick them. You are a joke like the rest of your repuke buddies. Suck it up for four more years, your rich loser congressman ditch mitch couldn't make him a one term President. Go make some tea and watch some more of your faux news you clueless nut.
It is common knowledge that when a simpleton is backed against a wall and does not have an argument for the subject at hand they will simply change the subject and sling feces like the primate they are. It just so happens I LOVE tea. Do you know what else I love? The freedoms our founding fathers bestowed upon us in the constitution. I do believe Obummer is a one term president because most freedom loving Americans no longer consider him worthy to be addressed as "president". I feel America is in limbo for the next few years until we can appoint someone worthy. All we can do is pray that that leach doesn't turn it into a third world country until then. God will prevail, He will bless America. Obummer is just an eye opener to bring people to call His name. Guess what, its working! America WILL return to Christian values when that evil man is gone. Traditional marriage, no baby killing, the God given right to protect your family, God in our schools instead of the monsters that ravage them, these are the things I find just a little more important than your food stamps.
Exactly

Campbellsville, KY

#20 Jan 21, 2013
Mee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is common knowledge that when a simpleton is backed against a wall and does not have an argument for the subject at hand they will simply change the subject and sling feces like the primate they are. It just so happens I LOVE tea. Do you know what else I love? The freedoms our founding fathers bestowed upon us in the constitution. I do believe Obummer is a one term president because most freedom loving Americans no longer consider him worthy to be addressed as "president". I feel America is in limbo for the next few years until we can appoint someone worthy. All we can do is pray that that leach doesn't turn it into a third world country until then. God will prevail, He will bless America. Obummer is just an eye opener to bring people to call His name. Guess what, its working! America WILL return to Christian values when that evil man is gone. Traditional marriage, no baby killing, the God given right to protect your family, God in our schools instead of the monsters that ravage them, these are the things I find just a little more important than your food stamps.
Go watch your faux news and drink your tea. You are a pathetic repuke loser who can't admit the MAJORITY of AMERICANS do call him Mr. PRESIDENT. Maybe you should help your party become more tolerant of the MAJORITY. You reek of hate. Go to hell.
The Point

United States

#21 Jan 21, 2013
Mee wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy who loves the Constitution wants to "appoint" someone President who will create a theocracy. Rich.
Americangal

United States

#22 Jan 21, 2013
Piece of dung didn't even have the respect to clos his eyes during prayer. Guess he wasnt facing the east.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Metalsa 3 hr Justaguy 7
psa: eiron dailey/ricketts! read!!! (Jan '15) 4 hr Sally 48
KAP alcohol testing 5 hr Ipassedkaps 2
Lieutenant Colonel David Lee 5 hr Luke 16
todd carman 6 hr Wow 11
Jason mccray? ? (Jan '13) 8 hr Selfie 13
Murder charge at raffertys? 10 hr April 7

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance