First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Well

Leitchfield, KY

#21 Dec 6, 2012
You have to give up some things in the world to have a good life. You want a job at Akebono, give up your family. In return you get benefits,money, all the things money can buy. Oh wait, except a nice family life. There are a lot of other jobs out there. If you don't want to work 7 days a week, then don't. It's not a hard choice to make. Downsize your home, get rid of the gas guzzlers, buy off the rack, grow a garden and be happy. You won't be rich but your kids will be happier.
third worker

Vine Grove, KY

#22 Dec 6, 2012
hey wrote:
Hey,these ppl are not saying they dont apreciate their jobs maybe they would like to be more apreciated, that they would miss out on all and I mean all their. Children s ballgames, plays and anything and every thing else they give up. Yes they do stay their because of the good pay and benefits. The ones that have gave years of their life DO deserve SOMETHING. I dont know if u know it or not, but the turn over rate should say it all! So good job and God bless the ones who have gaves years!
u say that they want a little extra appreciation for giving up so much time to that place? We have three kids one is 8 one is 2 and one is 4 months old. I'm grateful he has a good paying job. I don't need any extra appreciation from that place. The way I see it is they didn't have to hire him. Yes he's gone alot but we all have to sacrifice to survive. Maybe Akebono thinks they deserve extra appreciation for giving people the opportunity to provide for their family and have them come to work on time and not call in and go back from break on time and quit using the work place as hookers r us. I mean come on when u really set down and think about it do u honestly think everyone in that factory deserved a bonus or a raise? Hell No u know there are alot who only does a half ass job or is always late or can't keep up. So do those people deserve a bonus too? Remember one bad apple spoils the bunch.
Cry babies

Warrenville, IL

#23 Dec 7, 2012
Work the shifts they say work the days they say, poor poor people miss their kids this and their spouse that, you act like your the only ones that have ever had to miss out on things bcause of work, if you did a better job and wasted less product and concentrated more on your job maybe you wouldn't have to work all the overtime to make up for errors, and if the company is that busy that you have to work every day so be it, they own the company, so like all owners they can do what they want, and you do not get bonuses anymore for doing your job, the bonus is they don't get rid of you. Keep up the good work though, and think positive a good attitude is important, and maybe you can be a team leader or a manager some day.
hey

Campbellsville, KY

#24 Dec 7, 2012
Nobodys crying motherf-er. Ur just trying to piss someone off so that we keep working and oay all the taxes on this big money so u can sit at home on ur a$$ and draw ur food stamps and wellfare!!!!
Well

Elizabethtown, KY

#25 Dec 7, 2012
Cry babies wrote:
Work the shifts they say work the days they say, poor poor people miss their kids this and their spouse that, you act like your the only ones that have ever had to miss out on things bcause of work, if you did a better job and wasted less product and concentrated more on your job maybe you wouldn't have to work all the overtime to make up for errors, and if the company is that busy that you have to work every day so be it, they own the company, so like all owners they can do what they want, and you do not get bonuses anymore for doing your job, the bonus is they don't get rid of you. Keep up the good work though, and think positive a good attitude is important, and maybe you can be a team leader or a manager some day.
AWESOME!:)
uhhuh

West Columbia, SC

#26 Dec 7, 2012
Hope y'all have a good union!
sad day

Elizabethtown, KY

#27 Dec 8, 2012
Stop all of the gossip and complaining on these akebono threads for one day and keep Kenny Ashlock and his family in your prayers. Good bye Uncle Kenny may you rest in peace.
Prayers

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Dec 9, 2012
sad day wrote:
Stop all of the gossip and complaining on these akebono threads for one day and keep Kenny Ashlock and his family in your prayers. Good bye Uncle Kenny may you rest in peace.
Sorry for your loss.
So sad

Elizabethtown, KY

#29 Dec 9, 2012
Condolences
LOL

Radcliff, KY

#30 Dec 12, 2012
third worker wrote:
<quoted text> actually smartass I don't work there my fiance does and has for almost three years. And ill tell everyone out there the same I tell him. U put in the job application to work there No one is making u stay if u don't like it quit and find a job else where. But u have it better than some who want find a job making over minimum wage. Be happy u have a good paying job. If u don't like working overtime quit. They don't come into ur home and tell u how to spend ur money don't bitch how they spend theirs.
Maybe that's why your only the fiance..when he or she falls over dead from the cancer they get from that place maybe you will have some compassion...but probably not you sound like a real peach.
Very Sorry

Radcliff, KY

#31 Dec 12, 2012
sad day wrote:
Please accept my apology. I made a completely disgusting comment not realizing you had lost someone in these circumstances and I am truly sorry. Your right. This site brings out the worst in people and I will be keeping your family in my thought and prayers.
jrh

Elizabethtown, KY

#32 Dec 12, 2012
you all are crying about your bonus, well at least you all have good inside jobs where some of us have to work outside in all type of weather i have never seen a big bunch of cry babies like you all upset over your bonus
sad day

Elizabethtown, KY

#34 Dec 13, 2012
Very Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>Please accept my apology. I made a completely disgusting comment not realizing you had lost someone in these circumstances and I am truly sorry. Your right. This site brings out the worst in people and I will be keeping your family in my thought and prayers.
Kenny was an Akebono Associate, He wasn't a member of my immediate family, but was a coworker and a friend. He was one of the people who made it a better place to be. He will be truly missed.
Ouch

Elizabethtown, KY

#35 Dec 13, 2012
Well wrote:
You have to give up some things in the world to have a good life. You want a job at Akebono, give up your family. In return you get benefits,money, all the things money can buy. Oh wait, except a nice family life. There are a lot of other jobs out there. If you don't want to work 7 days a week, then don't. It's not a hard choice to make. Downsize your home, get rid of the gas guzzlers, buy off the rack, grow a garden and be happy. You won't be rich but your kids will be happier.
You have to remember when a person gets a very good job they generally have a huge home, expensive vehicles and prefer to buy name-brand. They probably can't afford to get another job and don't want to downsize for status sake. But they don't want to have to work hard to have all this either. I'm sure they know ahead of time all the overtime that is involved, but it's human nature to complain about things when we are not happy.
The Truth

Radcliff, KY

#36 Dec 16, 2012
The truth is there will never be enough profit, there will never be enough production. What ever you can make each day is a little less than what they need in order to finance all the pet projects like a new security system, upgraded bathrooms, etc. There are the locker rooms up front that also look run down. So I assume that is also on the agenda to be a project at some point, which is their right of course. Only thing is as long as you blow smoke up people's butts about a near profit in order to earn a bonus, then set business plan above sales, and spend money on pet projects, they will always show just a little bit short of that necessary minimum profitability on paper to give a bonus. They should just say they don't believe in giving individual bonuses because individual rewards like that are against their culture and the betterment of the company is the priority. Not the betterment of the individuals that work there each day. And of course that is their right, I certainly don't dispute that. I just appreciate the truth.

P.S. What people should be focusing their attention on instead of a measly bonus is finding a job that does give perks like a bonuses if they want a job like that. Then you can work someplace that makes you happier, and stop annoying people who are just happy to have any job at all that pays the bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stewart williams 31 min What to do 1
Barbque Blues and Bikes not for the family 3 hr Yes sir 16
Laurie wheeler 5 hr just me 36
ETown = Cold Women and Hot Beer 5 hr b 5
Sean Keith 8 hr Old friend 1
Least judgmental and hypocritical church in Etown 11 hr difference 43
matee birosh 12 hr blank 1
More from around the web

Elizabethtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE