Drs. who do VBAC's
elle

Glasgow, KY

#1 Mar 30, 2009
Does anyone know any doctors in e-town who will do a VBAC?
hope this helps

AOL

#2 Mar 30, 2009
No Dr.'s in Etown will do them..hospital requires them to stay on labor and delivery the entire time their in labor..check with Dr Pietrantoni in Louisville.

Since: Mar 09

Brownsville, KY

#3 Mar 31, 2009
wow etown doesn't look like the place to give birth.. I am amazed at how many people are so scared of such a natural process..

I wish you luck in finding a doc and congrats on your pregnancy
elle

Glasgow, KY

#4 Mar 31, 2009
thanks so much.. i didnt think any of them would but i was hoping..o well
hope this helps

AOL

#5 Mar 31, 2009
child birth is a "natural process" but i don't think people realize the increase risks involved with vbac's..uterine rupture the greatest..etown is a wonderful place to deliver..the doc, nurses and staff on labor and delivery are excellent. The only reason to need louisville is a higher level nursery at kosairs. Alot of serious thought needs to go into the idea of vbac depending on the previous reason for c/section and discussing it with your physician.
curious

Brandenburg, KY

#6 Mar 31, 2009
elle wrote:
Does anyone know any doctors in e-town who will do a VBAC?
Dr. Moreman and his partners used to. Don't know if they still does.

Brownsville, KY

#7 Apr 1, 2009
hth.. yes there is an increased risk but shoot.. its not as risky as the medical profession makes it out to be. Shoot Michelle Duggar has had 13 VBAC's... yes the risk is there but the medical profession over reacts

I was researching childbirth options myself and found it to be very limited.. compared to the rest of the country.
Lynn

Florence, KY

#8 Aug 7, 2009
I myself have 3 children. All of which deliver'd by C-Section. My first was an emergency C-Section...the other 2 planned. I was offer'd the chance to go VBAC with my 2nd child however the risks to me were far to great. I know the odds of these risks actually taking place are slim in most cases but to me even a 1% chance of this happening meant I didnt get to see my child or watch them grow up. IFFFFF I ever have anymore children. I will continue with the C-Section procedure.:) Dr. Georg Bauer from Elizabethtown Physicians For Women was the one to deliver my first child. An EXCELLENT!!! Dr. If I would've had the chance to have him deliver my other 2...I definately would have. I recommend talking with PFW and see what you can find out. The people there are very nice and undertsanding.
mom of 5

Vine Grove, KY

#9 Aug 7, 2009
unfortunately vbac's aren't really being dictated by the medical profession anymore..ask your lawyers and research the increased lawsuits that that are being generated, that is why local physicians are discouraged from offering that service! Either ask your own dr directly or ask your lawyer to deliver your baby because soon there isnt going to be that many more Dr.'s delivering anymore!
R U 4 serious

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Aug 18, 2009
Etown is a very screwed up place when it comes to child birth. Their birth center is not natural friendly at all and childbirth is viewed as a medical condition. There are plenty of physicians in Louisville and souther Indiana that will do vbac. I would recommend going there...that's what I did. Oh and Dr. Petriantoni is a douche, btw. I'm not saying he isn't knowledgeable, but definitely a douche. I would only go to him if I had a very serious condition and no one else comparable was available.

Grapeland, TX

#11 Aug 21, 2009
mom of 5 wrote:
Either ask your own dr directly or ask your lawyer to deliver your baby because soon there isnt going to be that many more Dr.'s delivering anymore!
LOL..

and people seem to be excited about the government making health care decisions.. go figure
Missy

Grapeland, TX

#12 Aug 21, 2009
Dr Moreman is an excellent doctor in Elizabethtown. He has delivered 3 out of my 4 children. My children are 17, 15, 14 & 3. When I had the 14 year old they said I wouldn't have to have a repeat csection if I had more kids, but by the time we decided to have the 3 year old things had changed, and I did have to have a repeat csection. They did not do vbacs any longer. But it is the safest thing for the mom, so in the end it was worth it.
mom of 5

Vine Grove, KY

#13 Aug 21, 2009
TheyCallMeMom-KY wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..
and people seem to be excited about the government making health care decisions.. go figure
pretty scary stuff huh..some people have no idea what these decisions could really mean!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nolin RECC 1 hr All up in gossip 16
Holly and Nikki Hamilton 2 hr Hopeless 3
Merry BRACSMAS 2 hr BRAC is Real 4
Tim Hinson Loves Vienna Sausages. 3 hr Ur n Imposter 3
did Jerry Williams of Cecilia rape two of his c... 4 hr Needbj369 20
BRAC SCANDAL posts are all from a fat white guy! 4 hr Salute the BRAC S... 8
Child from happy hollow trailer park 5 hr Concerned heart 11

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance