question

United States

#1 Oct 11, 2012
How is this judge? Harsh? What?
Hot Dog

Brandenburg, KY

#2 Oct 11, 2012
The best traditional hot dog you can get anywhere. Nothing fancy or gimmicky, unless you count the fact that it's "foot-long".

One huge factor separating this from other dogs the bun. They don't simply toast the bun, the bun is buttered before being lightly pressed on the same grill as the dogs, so it's got small traces of grilled dog char on the golden-brown toasted surface. The dog itself tastes exactly like a hot dog should, real hot dog flavor, with just the right amount of charring and texture, the right snap to each bite. You will always wait about one minute for it, because they always make sure you get it hot off the grill, and I mean hot. Not warm, but very hot, like be careful about taking a big bite too quick. They put the condiments on for you, and they somehow get it perfect almost every time.

I've been here many times over the years, and I did get one poor hot dog here months ago. I've been back several times since (they were on three star probation for a little while) and it now appears that all is well.

I usually get the hot dog, but I've had the onion rings several times, they're great, my kids have ordered the burgers and fries, those are good, and I ordered the fried clams once on an impulse and was very pleasantly surprised at how good they were. I love fried clams and not-so-good clams anger me. These made me very happy.

Speed Dog's in Newmarket Sq is the overall best dog in Boston, but they are in a different class, very fancy, four times the size of a normal dog, soaked in cider before grilling, and much higher priced. One of those dogs is $8, you can get a dog, onion rings and drink here at Simco's for about $6. Both places have the perfect hot dog in their own class. You have to try both places
lol

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Oct 11, 2012
thats all i have to say.

Since: Oct 11

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Oct 12, 2012
Hot Dog wrote:
The best traditional hot dog you can get anywhere. Nothing fancy or gimmicky, unless you count the fact that it's "foot-long".
One huge factor separating this from other dogs the bun. They don't simply toast the bun, the bun is buttered before being lightly pressed on the same grill as the dogs, so it's got small traces of grilled dog char on the golden-brown toasted surface. The dog itself tastes exactly like a hot dog should, real hot dog flavor, with just the right amount of charring and texture, the right snap to each bite. You will always wait about one minute for it, because they always make sure you get it hot off the grill, and I mean hot. Not warm, but very hot, like be careful about taking a big bite too quick. They put the condiments on for you, and they somehow get it perfect almost every time.
I've been here many times over the years, and I did get one poor hot dog here months ago. I've been back several times since (they were on three star probation for a little while) and it now appears that all is well.
I usually get the hot dog, but I've had the onion rings several times, they're great, my kids have ordered the burgers and fries, those are good, and I ordered the fried clams once on an impulse and was very pleasantly surprised at how good they were. I love fried clams and not-so-good clams anger me. These made me very happy.
Speed Dog's in Newmarket Sq is the overall best dog in Boston, but they are in a different class, very fancy, four times the size of a normal dog, soaked in cider before grilling, and much higher priced. One of those dogs is $8, you can get a dog, onion rings and drink here at Simco's for about $6. Both places have the perfect hot dog in their own class. You have to try both places
WTH are u talking about???? Really?!?!?!?
dont know

Vine Grove, KY

#5 Oct 12, 2012
question wrote:
How is this judge? Harsh? What?
I have been before him..he's stern .,but honest .,just don't piss him off .,
HandymanIII

Campbellsville, KY

#6 Oct 12, 2012
I was in his court twice as a victim and he's way too soft on repeat offenders. I witnessed him giving a guy a 5th chance of attending KAPS or facing 180 days in jail. Five times he was ordered by the court and 4 times he was arrested and given other chances. WTF is that? It's called a joke and to me that is exactly what he is!
better

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Oct 16, 2012
He is better than Judge Howard. He is a joke!!!!!
A Local

United States

#8 Oct 17, 2012
He's a good man and a good judge. Don't forget that he has guidlines that he has to follow.
anything

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Oct 20, 2012
He is better than Judge Howard. He was born rich and never had to work for anything. It was just handed to him. He has no knowledge of what it takes in life so he has no clue when he rules. He should have studied harder in law school and maybe he would rule better. I think he is a joke and the other judges dump the bad cases to him so he can mess them up with stupid rulings.
nubs

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Oct 23, 2012
He's not cool. He called a friend of mine a danger to society when it was his first offense...and it was only for marijuana.
dude

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Dec 5, 2012
He locked me up but I don't think he's a bad guy. He just gets tired of seeing the same people all the time.
jrh

Columbia, KY

#12 Dec 5, 2012
attn dude you are the first person here on topix that is being honest i wish the rest of the goody too shoes could be honest like you hang in there and stay out of court
dude

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Dec 6, 2012
I keep it 100. Preciate that man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenyon thomas is a snitch 29 min Metalsa 10
Derek Elliott (Feb '13) 31 min Yall hatin hard lol 8
Old Photos of Hardin County 48 min help 20
Jobs for Husbands and Wives 1 hr Haha 5
Kenyon thomas? 2 hr Kenyon 21
Renee emerich 3 hr Workingforalligot 3
I'd always choose you 3 hr ruby 21

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance