AKEBONO associates...ETOWN and GLASGOW

AKEBONO associates...ETOWN and GLASGOW

Posted in the Elizabethtown Forum

freedom fighters

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Jul 16, 2012
please read the following petition at the link below. if you agree with what it states and would like to see some changes please sign the petition. remember your rights are covered by the first amendment as well as laws specifically pertaining to associates writing and signing petitions regarding the business they are employed by.

http://www.change.org/petitions/akebono-end-c... #

thank you
disappointed

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jul 16, 2012
couldn't get it to open without signing my life away.
freedom fighters

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jul 16, 2012
okay, if you're an employee at akebono, go to Freedom Fighters on facebook, the petition is on there in the form of a document, if it allows you to comment simply put your name on there...or let us know what department and what shift to get the actual paper petitions out to. its very hard for so few of us to get the paper copy petitions out to everyone...we have been told we can ONLY show them during breaks.
Steve

Mount Juliet, TN

#4 Jul 16, 2012
Have you ever wondered why the US is losing manufacturing jobs left and right? Unions are way past their useful lives. They only serve to artificially inflate labor costs. Why so you think most of the big manufacturing plants built in the last several yrs have been in the south, where there is much less of a union presense?
freedom fighters

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jul 17, 2012
just to clear this up....this petition is NOT about getting a UNION at AKEBONO....we DO NOT want a union....we just want to be treated like we were when it was AMBRAKE. NO UNION
billy

Alexandria, KY

#6 Jul 17, 2012
So you don`t want a union? You want me to sign a petition that gives you the right to use my name? I`ve read your petition, and its the same things I hear from every other worker in the US. We all have complaints about our job, our work area, our hours, our pay, our benefits. I know things could be better, but trust me, they could be worse. It sounds like you are wanting equality for everyone, even if you are a sucky worker, or a dedicated, hard worker. Hmmmmm, sounds a little like union talk to me. I have no problem with listening to what a union has to say, but lets not kid ourselves, we are not Ford or GM. We are a supplier, and if anyone is expecting any of the pay and bonuses that they receive, wake up.
Yakers

Leitchfield, KY

#7 Jul 17, 2012
If things are so bad why wouldn't you want a union? People have been whining from Akebono for so long nobody even cares if this factory even stays open anymore. It's hard everywhere now. If you don't like it walk. It's not like you make minimum wage with no benefits. Are you in need of foodstamps and government housin? Do you drive a crappy car? Quit bitching and grow up.
BeenThere

Leitchfield, KY

#8 Jul 17, 2012
If you don't work there this page doesn't apply to you. This is a very serious issue for some people. Akebono definitely needs to go union.
koolaid

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jul 17, 2012
obamabot hope and "change"
billy

Alexandria, KY

#10 Jul 17, 2012
BeenThere wrote:
If you don't work there this page doesn't apply to you. This is a very serious issue for some people. Akebono definitely needs to go union.
what do you want the union to do? Thats a serious question. I would like someone to tell me what the union could to make it a better place for ALL employees, not just the whiners. Everyone must know that we all aren`t mad at the world, and it truly is just a handful of people. Most people could care less about the union talk, they just want to go to work and make a living. So, if you can give me a few examples of how the union would make it better, I will call the UAW myself.
MyNickel

Leitchfield, KY

#11 Jul 17, 2012
Yakers has a point. Companies can do what they want. If you don't like it you can walk out the door. A person should always have a nest egg prepared for something happening from being fired, quitting or whatever. Don't expect others to make it better for you. No union, no coworker, no team leader is going to help. As long as the work gets done, who cares.I say be glad you are getting overtime.
Proud Steelworker

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Jul 29, 2012
Union= better wages,working condition, contract with rules and guidelines, voice in the workplace, and security. I'm a proud Steelworker and I know for a fact that the Union jobs are better on average in each of those areas I mentioned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Hamm 66 dodge charger (Oct '11) 1 hr Justme 13
Chelsie lucas at Akebono 1 hr haha 4
Child from happy hollow trailer park 2 hr Jesse Muncy 18
Local Politics Do you approve of Harry L. Berry as County Judge? (Apr '12) 3 hr Salute the BRAC S... 156
Its Me!! 4 hr BRAC Luv 2
Nurse Erin from the jail works at hms 4 hr Mike79 1
Bourbon Barrel Tavern 5 hr Alka Holic 35

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages