First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bummed out

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Sep 27, 2010
I am wondering if anyone has had any problems with Herb Jones in Elizabethtown, Ky.? I recently have had them repair my vehicle which they did, in the process they broke my windshield and hired a company to fix it which was paid with by my insurance (even though they broke it) Ok so the company they hired dropped polyurethane all over my vent and radio. Damaging it!! Herb Jones decided they are not responsible and the glass company will not cover it because they were contracted out by Herb Jones. I am so disappointed that this company which is very reputable is not standing behind me as a customer and making this good. The owner actually stated he did not care, and the service manager told me the damage was "freaking dirt", later realizing it was "freaking plastic destroyed by this substance used to put my windshield in. I have had several other car companies look at the damage and write statements saying it was polyurethane after Herb Jones proceeded to tell me my air freshner did this. I can not believe how rude I was treated and how they are not standing behind their customer!! I was wondering if anyone else had any problems or if this is a rare occasion, Im lucky to be a part of..
been there

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Sep 27, 2010
Bummed out wrote:
I am wondering if anyone has had any problems with Herb Jones in Elizabethtown, Ky.? I recently have had them repair my vehicle which they did, in the process they broke my windshield and hired a company to fix it which was paid with by my insurance (even though they broke it) Ok so the company they hired dropped polyurethane all over my vent and radio. Damaging it!! Herb Jones decided they are not responsible and the glass company will not cover it because they were contracted out by Herb Jones. I am so disappointed that this company which is very reputable is not standing behind me as a customer and making this good. The owner actually stated he did not care, and the service manager told me the damage was "freaking dirt", later realizing it was "freaking plastic destroyed by this substance used to put my windshield in. I have had several other car companies look at the damage and write statements saying it was polyurethane after Herb Jones proceeded to tell me my air freshner did this. I can not believe how rude I was treated and how they are not standing behind their customer!! I was wondering if anyone else had any problems or if this is a rare occasion, Im lucky to be a part of..
no reason for any of what you went thru. they are dogs. before i buy a vehicle i question the salesman about service and repair and he will promise you the moon. one time i had trouble and i drug his ass back in the garage and he saw that they took care of it. that shouldn't be. sorry, but that makes me think i don't need to visit there anymore. if it stinks, it doens't matter. it wasn't there before you brought it in.
Real Deal

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Sep 27, 2010
Talk to your lawyer and report them to bbb.what was the glass company they used?
haa

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Sep 27, 2010
i use to work for them that's how they do . i would get me a laywer .i sold a man a truck he brought it back he paid them $2000.00 to get out of the deal i got zero commisson for the sale ..the owner of the dealer keep it all

Since: Aug 10

Louisville, KY

#5 Sep 27, 2010
Careful suing this owner... hope he doesn't FREAK out and BURN down his car dealership too!
Bummed out

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Sep 27, 2010
Real Deal wrote:
Talk to your lawyer and report them to bbb.what was the glass company they used?
The glass company was Meredith and Son Glass. Herb Jones contacted them and paid them. When they saw the damage they said they had no idea what was on my car... Suggested it was super glue as a possibility.:(
Bummed out

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Sep 27, 2010
Thanks for the advice. I hope everyone knows how they truly are. I am sure many customers are happy, but I was really disrespected and robbed basically. I did contact the BBB and file a report. I will give them the opportunity to make it right through them first. If they do not I guess we will go to the court house. Why should I have to pay for a car that is damaged! O and get this... I bought this car from them, and was about to trade it in on another car. Had they made it right and fixed my car damage they could have had a huge car sale! Now they will not get any of my money or business!!
former employee

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Sep 27, 2010
Haa, who are you, I worked there too.
Real Deal

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Sep 27, 2010
Bummed out wrote:
<quoted text>
The glass company was Meredith and Son Glass. Herb Jones contacted them and paid them. When they saw the damage they said they had no idea what was on my car... Suggested it was super glue as a possibility.:(
Dennis has always done me a good job,but stuff happens.
rock thrower

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Sep 27, 2010
Real Deal wrote:
<quoted text>Dennis has always done me a good job,but stuff happens.
yes, stuff happens and then you take care of it. someone dropped the ball on this one. sorry. two somebodies dropped the ball.
I agree

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Sep 28, 2010
Your right rock thrower. When stuff happens you take care of it! Thats how a business should operate.
JUST WONDERING

Dayton, OH

#12 Sep 28, 2010
bummed out, are you a completely honest person??
Bummed out

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Sep 28, 2010
Just wondering, being human it is impossible for anyone to be completly anything. I have made my share of mistakes and bad decisions of course. However they have nothing to do with the fact I now have a damaged car. Although its not a good choice to assume, Im assuming you have never had any problems with this company or work for this company.I have asked for people to post their experiences with them.
Nothing more.
MichiganEnquirer

Attica, MI

#14 Sep 28, 2010
Bummed Out - Beware! Many repari shops are bad. You really have to check them out. And this one sounds like it knows how to play games. Don't give up, you are the consumer. Your fight may help others in the future.
MichiganEnquirer

Attica, MI

#15 Sep 28, 2010
JUST WONDERING wrote:
bummed out, are you a completely honest person??
Are you a completely antagonistic person?

Definition: an·tag·o·nis·tic/an&#716;t ag&#601;&#712;nistik/A djective
1. Showing or feeling active opposition or hostility toward someone or something.

Definition is in case you're completely and idiot.
tsk tsk

United States

#16 Sep 28, 2010
I would call one of the trouble shooters from one of the news channels, they seem to get results pretty quick.
JUST WONDERING

Dayton, OH

#17 Sep 28, 2010
well i have done business there ever since they were downtown and never had any problems with them. i guess there are always 2 sides to every story.
Really

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Sep 28, 2010
JUST WONDERING wrote:
well i have done business there ever since they were downtown and never had any problems with them. i guess there are always 2 sides to every story.
How are you doing business with them when your stating you live in Ct.... Are you completly honest?
Bummed out, you have every reason to be upset. Unless you went home bought this polyurethane and poured it on your own car. Which would be the other side of the story.
well

Sevierville, TN

#19 Sep 28, 2010
Well I will say when I post things.it shows a different city.just saying.
JUST WONDERING

Dayton, OH

#20 Sep 28, 2010
yes mine posts a different city also. thanks for the post well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog Barks Excessively 9 min Alan 16
chad Waggoner 23 min waggoner 9
Can You Do Adoption Witout The Biollogical Fath... 40 min Adoption 2
new tattoo shop etown 45 min Truth 28
Ashley Fox (Feb '12) 2 hr Just saying 8
DESPERATE. Need money ASAP please help! (Jan '13) 2 hr mizz Bek 102
When Is It Every OK To Chose Abortion? 3 hr Sex Ed for conser... 18

Flood Warning for Hardin County was issued at March 01 at 3:07PM EST

Elizabethtown Dating
Find my Match