Affordable Heating and cooling,Bad Bu...

Affordable Heating and cooling,Bad Business practices

Posted in the Elizabethtown Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
upset customer

Paris, TN

#1 Apr 5, 2010
Do NOT Trust this company. Affordable heating and cooling in elizabethtown ky, horrible experience. I am writing to let anyone out there that needs heating or cooling work done. do not use affordable heating and cooling owned by Barry Risinger. They made an appointment for Friday evening, then did not bother to show or call. I was without heat for the entire weekend, then tech shows up on Monday, not to mention i missed work for Friday thinking i could get it taken care of in one day. when tech showed i did not let him on my property, called owner who was very verbally aggressive and threatening on the phone, said he was going to bill me for the call, which is not legal. he even sent the same bill for services not received to my roommate...billing us both for nothing.....I have also talked to others that had bad experiences here, read the reviews, be aware of who you are dealing with before you invite them into your home......I had a horrible experience and would not recommend this business to anyone.......
one to one

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Apr 6, 2010
I agree!!!!!!!!!!
Karen

Louisville, KY

#3 Apr 7, 2010
give it up people this is the same person starting the same post that was started last year give this compnay a break...
karen honey

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Apr 7, 2010
They really do suck, sorry you can't believe that.
lil dee from effciancys

Lemont, IL

#5 Jun 28, 2010
I know this man not only does he have a heating and cooling buisness he is a scam artist of many things like all his rentals that are not livable not to mention that he rents to underage kids with Mr risinger who is a registered sex offender to kids he collected rent sometimes two to three times a week and refused to give a recipt all to support his cocaine addiction I once saw him lock a mother and het newborn daughter out of their unlivable apartment because she was a dollar short to her rent right then and there
NIKKI

Gradyville, KY

#6 Jun 28, 2010
upset customer wrote:
Do NOT Trust this company. Affordable heating and cooling in elizabethtown ky, horrible experience. I am writing to let anyone out there that needs heating or cooling work done. do not use affordable heating and cooling owned by Barry Risinger. They made an appointment for Friday evening, then did not bother to show or call. I was without heat for the entire weekend, then tech shows up on Monday, not to mention i missed work for Friday thinking i could get it taken care of in one day. when tech showed i did not let him on my property, called owner who was very verbally aggressive and threatening on the phone, said he was going to bill me for the call, which is not legal. he even sent the same bill for services not received to my roommate...billing us both for nothing.....I have also talked to others that had bad experiences here, read the reviews, be aware of who you are dealing with before you invite them into your home......I had a horrible experience and would not recommend this business to anyone.......
QUESTION: DAY AND TIME YOU CALLED FOR AN APPOINTMENT?
AND THEY CAN BILL YOU FOR A SERVICE CALL, EVEN IF YOU REFUSE TO LET THEM ON THE PROPERTY. YOU MADE THE APPOINTMENT AND IF YOU DID NOT CANCEL IT PRIOR TO THEM SHOWING UP, YOU ARE LIABLE FOR IT. REGARDLESS.
PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND ONE THING...HEATING AND COOLING COMPANIES DON'T WORK ON YOUR SCHEDULE. YOU WORK ON THEIRS. NOW WHAT LIKELY HAPPENED WAS THEY DID TRY TO CONTACT YOU TO TELL YOU THEY WERE RUNNING BEHIND(BECAUSE LIKE EMERGENCY ROOMS, THEY TAKE PRIORITY CALLS. ELDERLY AND CHILDREN LIVING IN A HOUSEHOLD WILL GET THE FIRST AVAILABLE TECH). YOU PROBABLY MISSED THE CALL SO THEY DIDN'T BOTHER COMING OUT ESPECIALLY SINCE IT SEEMED YOU WEREN'T HOME. THEN YOU WENT ALL MEGA-BITCH ON THEM AND YOU RECEIVED THE SAME TREATMENT IN RETURN.
its brangers actually

Washington, IN

#7 Jun 28, 2010
I think maybe "NIKKI" just likes to piss people off on here and takes whatever stance is likely to do it. If I am a CUSTOMER of someone meaning they WORK FOR ME then they work on my schedule not their own. Or else they dont work for me. Its not like the electric or water company who has no competition and you have no choice. and as hot as its been, to go all weekend without ac because someone wouldnt stay late to do what they promised they would is madness, no way would they get my money, theres other places in etown to go for this kind of service and I would go there instead. Nikii have you ever heard the phrase "the customer is always right?" Whether she was a "mega bitch" or not theres no way a professional business person should or would respond that way.
NIKKI

Gradyville, KY

#8 Jun 28, 2010
RE-READ THE POST. THEY PROBABLY DID CALL. SHE PROBABLY DIDN'T ANSWER THE PHONE THEREFORE THEY, BY COMPANY POLICIES, DO NOT GO TO THE CUSTOMERS HOUSE. IF NO ONE ANSWERS MUST MEAN NO ONES AVAILABLE TO OPEN THE DOOR EITHER. AND JUST FOR REFERENCE...I SEEN AN AFFORDABLE VAN ON DIXIE AT ABOUT 7 FRIDAY NIGHT. LOOKED TO ME THEY WERE STILL WORKING.
AS FOR JUST HERE TO PISS PEOPLE OFF...YOU'RE WRONG. I JUST SAY WHAT'S ON MY MIND. BUT YOU KNOW THE TRUTH HURTS!
its brangers actually

Washington, IN

#9 Jun 28, 2010
Maybe you should reread the orgnal post NIKKI.

"They made an appointment for Friday evening, then did not bother to show or call. I was without heat for the entire weekend, then tech shows up on Monday, not to mention i missed work for Friday thinking i could get it taken care of in one day."

What part of that says anything about not being home or answering the phone. It says she stayed home from work to be there for the appointment and they never showed or called. Then they had an attitude about being held to a higher standard when they felt like getting around to taking care of their commitments to a customer 3 days later. I know I would have felt the same way as this poster.
point

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Jun 28, 2010
Hey Brangers what is your paranoid deal making personal arguments with that Nikki chick all over the board? These posts you are arguing about are not about you! Pssh!
NIKKI

Gradyville, KY

#11 Jun 28, 2010
YOU KNOW THE SAYING "THERE IS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY"? THINK ABOUT IT! I'D PUT MONEY ON THE FACT THAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD TRY TO GET OUT THERE FRIDAY AFTERNOON BUT IT WOULD MORE THAN LIKELY BE MONDAY...UNLESS THIS PERSON WANTED TO PAY OVERTIME.
I USED TO WORK FOR A HEATING AND COOLING COMPANY. I KNOW HOW THIS GOES. THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY THE OT YET THEY WANT TO CALL THAT FRIDAY AND HAVE SOMEONE OUT THERE IMMEDIATELY. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THERE ARE REASONS THAT A COMPANY CAN'T JUST DROP WHAT THEY WERE DOING FOR ONE PERSON. ARE THERE ELDERLY INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN IN THE HOUSE? IS IT A REPEAT CUSTOMER? DO THEY HAVE A MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT? TIME SERVICE CALL WAS MADE? IS IT A WARRANTY CALL? ETC THESE ARE ALL FACTORS IN THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS. EACH HVAC COMPANY HAS A MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT. THOSE THAT HAVE SIGNED UP AND PAID FOR THAT SERVICE AGREEMENT ARE FIRST TO RECEIVE SERVICE WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM. FIRST TIME CUSTOMERS ARE PUT TOWARD THE LAST, AFTER ALL REGULARS ARE TAKEN CARE OF. IF THE NEW CUSTOMER WANTS TO PAY OVERTIME THAN THEY WILL BE SEEN THAT DAY. IF NOT, THEY WILL BE PUT OFF UNTIL LATER. AND HVAC COMPANIES LOOK AT THAT CLOSELY. IT MUST NOT BE AN EMERGENCY IF SOMEONE ISN'T WILLING TO PAY OT.
THERE ARE SEVERAL FACTORS WHY A TECH DIDN'T MAKE IT OUT ON A FRIDAY. AND USUALLY IT'S THE PART THE CUSTOMER TENDS TO LEAVE OUT. INSTEAD THEY JUST START ABOUT HOW THEY'VE BEEN DONE WRONG.
its brangers actually

Washington, IN

#12 Jun 28, 2010
So your argument is based on what? What you think "probably" happened based on your experience doing a bad job at a heating and cooling company. I find it more likely they are just an unproffesional company based on what other people on this forum have said.
NIKKI

Gradyville, KY

#13 Jun 28, 2010
I FIND IT MORE LIKELY THAT YOU DIDN'T LIKE WHAT I HAD TO SAY ON ANOTHER POST SO YOU'VE VENTURED OVER TO THIS ONE IN A SORRY, PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO BOTHER ME. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!:p
its brangers actually

Washington, IN

#14 Jun 28, 2010
No I havent liked what you had to say on the other topics i have seen you posting on but that has no bearing on this topic I read most of the topis on here, I find it a good cure for boredom. but hey, great argument.
sidney

Campbellsville, KY

#15 Jun 28, 2010
i no that some of the places are dumps but if someoe is willing to rent it as it is and the rent is matched to it then all is good im a land lord aiso how ever i do no the owener of affordable h and c he lied to me about something imporent to me so i will not trust him ever agin you only get one chance with me so i think he is a lier but big deal im not going to go on and on about it i have gotten past it wat i do is i talk about it to every one in our biz
lil dee from effciancys

Rochester, NY

#16 Jul 1, 2010
Bottom line this man is a crook and selfish and also its different when a land lord rents a place with promises to repair things in the next couple of days but never does or maybe it was underage and he saw easy money and a first time renters or maybe its because he is a pedophile on state registery. He is no good and should. Notify any customers with kids that is a rush service that he is a sex offender thx
Carla

Louisville, KY

#17 Jul 1, 2010
I work for a Heating and Cooling Co. in Etown a competitor of Mr. Risinger while I will not promote his company I will agree with Nikki on this, when your right your right.. In the Heating and Cooling business it is usually an on call basis and if you call and put a request for us to come and you do not cancel they can (as does my company) charge you for the service fee. My company manly deals with industrial and business so its a little different, but with residental most companies will call still charge. Also if there is a priority like elderly, medical reasons then they can make a determination to make them a priority. Again I will not defend this company but the facts are the facts it could be my company up here and I would hope someone would correct any misconceptions.
bill

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Jul 1, 2010
sidney wrote:
i no that some of the places are dumps but if someoe is willing to rent it as it is and the rent is matched to it then all is good im a land lord aiso how ever i do no the owener of affordable h and c he lied to me about something imporent to me so i will not trust him ever agin you only get one chance with me so i think he is a lier but big deal im not going to go on and on about it i have gotten past it wat i do is i talk about it to every one in our biz
this guy said it all and rite
Keisha

Rineyville, KY

#19 Jul 19, 2010
See..I can disagree with alot of this...bc for one..he does not deal with the rental's his WIFE does. I go through them, and they are really nice people. and they DONT kick you out if you are behind..they have done nothing but work with us when we were behind on our rent.
nancy

Campbellsville, KY

#20 Jul 23, 2010
i dont like them thay lied to me to

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Guardian Cleaners, Llc. 21 min concered person 1
Why is micheal brown post deleted? 31 min Truth 16
Question about Metalsa (Jun '14) 2 hr meh 70
Claudia Downs AKA Nicke Nicole Edwards (Sep '11) 2 hr Therealnicke 198
April and Craig givan divorce 10 hr Bystander 7
red head at metalsa 12 hr yomomma 20
Tyler Brangers 12 hr AmandaJo 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages