Carrie

Greensburg, KY

#1 Jan 24, 2008
I am new to E-town and am looking for a gym to join. Can anyone offer any advice/opinions on which ones are the best? Thanks!!
hahaha

Trinity, TX

#2 Jan 24, 2008
Well you really only have three major options. Anytime Fitness, Energy, and E-town swim and fitness. Here is my personal opinion having been to each:

Anytime: Nice atmosphere, nice people, open all the time, brand new equipment and building, clean, etc. The only problem I did not like was that it is all windows and is on a major road. I feel like people can just drive by and stare at you.

Energy: nice place, great equipment, "mostly" nice people. Good location, close to everything.

E-town: Huge place, good equipment, also has a womens only section, the people tend to be stuck up. Alot of people go there to have their affairs. Some middle aged women go in skimpy outfits while their hubbies are at work, and hook up with younger guys. some of the guys like to stare at you while you are on the treadmills, but only if you are hot and skinny with fake boobs. It would be the best place minus the incinsiderate stuck ups. it has a great pool, the only one that has it.

That is a rap I think! lol. hope it helps.
Carrie

Rineyville, KY

#3 Jan 25, 2008
hahaha wrote:
Well you really only have three major options. Anytime Fitness, Energy, and E-town swim and fitness. Here is my personal opinion having been to each:
Anytime: Nice atmosphere, nice people, open all the time, brand new equipment and building, clean, etc. The only problem I did not like was that it is all windows and is on a major road. I feel like people can just drive by and stare at you.
Energy: nice place, great equipment, "mostly" nice people. Good location, close to everything.
E-town: Huge place, good equipment, also has a womens only section, the people tend to be stuck up. Alot of people go there to have their affairs. Some middle aged women go in skimpy outfits while their hubbies are at work, and hook up with younger guys. some of the guys like to stare at you while you are on the treadmills, but only if you are hot and skinny with fake boobs. It would be the best place minus the incinsiderate stuck ups. it has a great pool, the only one that has it.
Thank you so much for the info, I really appreciate your help!
exsperience

Lexington, KY

#4 Jan 29, 2008
if any body knows damon washington let me know he may be married by now if your his wife let me know.chicago?
Curious 2

Campbellsville, KY

#5 Feb 11, 2008
hahaha wrote:
Downside to Energy - the hours suck, they close at like 7 p.m. on Saturdays....

Downside to Etown Swim - besides what was already mentioned, it's VERY expensive
Sharon

Prairie Village, KS

#6 Apr 17, 2008
I LOVED ESF!

You might consider it on the pricey side, but it includes EVERYTHING!! It's open 24 hours a day, has TWO great pools (no other gym in town has a pool and the city pools are NASTY and you can't do lap swim in them, nor do city pools offer water aerobics), a full schedule of aerobic classes, racketball courts, hot tubs, saunas, and (most important for me) child care.

90% of the people I know who go there are there to work out. I'm sure there are people who have affairs... but what does that have to do about how good a facility it is? ESF has the MOST equipment in any gym in town. You can watch tv while on one of the many treadmills or elliptical machines upstairs.... or if you are a woman who isn't comfortable working out around men, you can go downstairs to the "Ladies Zone" and work out.

The instructors are great, the staff is nice and it is always so clean and well kept. You don't get the heebie jeebies walking into the locker rooms.

Meh... you get what you pay for and, to me, ESF is worth EVERY penny. And as a Military wife on a budget that says something!
Wendy

Brownsville, KY

#7 Feb 6, 2009
Everyone is great at Energy except the old guy who works the front desk. He is very Rude. He needs to retire and maybe he won't be so crabby.
ESF

Buffalo, TX

#8 Feb 6, 2009
ESF can be expensive but the student discount is GREAT and depending on where you work, you can get a discount also. i love it there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the biggest meth dealer in Hardin co 57 min dontcare 12
Single mom 2 hr yuck 26
IS Hooter's Coming To Etown? Answers here!!!!!!! 7 hr Edna B 5
Where were you 15 hr Sam Adams 5
News 3 men wanted in home invasion, murder (Jun '14) 19 hr TruthBTold 49
shannon yonts (Feb '12) Mon Lol 20
Destinie jupin Mon Lol 3

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance