Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Oct 10, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
please

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 7, 2012
 
I need to find a food bank in hardin county that services individuals, like i could go there and by some of my groceries. i do not get welfare or any kind of assitance i have a full time decent paying job (but my house payment and gas eat away at money so fast!) and am a young single mom trying to do good for my son and i just need some help :( just wondering if anyone knows of any churches or any kind of other places that hold food banks where i can go to get some things cheaper than i could at the grocery. i would appreciate it so much! i enjoy the fact i can provide for my child without sitting around on foodstamps (not that theres anyhting wrong with them, i just dont qualify) but it is getting harder and harder everyday and i just want my baby to have good foods to eat that we can afford!
please

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 7, 2012
 
buy*
Hope

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 7, 2012
 
please wrote:
I need to find a food bank in hardin county that services individuals, like i could go there and by some of my groceries. i do not get welfare or any kind of assitance i have a full time decent paying job (but my house payment and gas eat away at money so fast!) and am a young single mom trying to do good for my son and i just need some help :( just wondering if anyone knows of any churches or any kind of other places that hold food banks where i can go to get some things cheaper than i could at the grocery. i would appreciate it so much! i enjoy the fact i can provide for my child without sitting around on foodstamps (not that theres anyhting wrong with them, i just dont qualify) but it is getting harder and harder everyday and i just want my baby to have good foods to eat that we can afford!
They have a bent and dent store in Hodgenville, and I believe a discount store down toward the fairgrounds. Also, cutting coupons helps on some things. Wish I could think of something else. God bless you for trying so hard:)
AHHHHH MAZIN

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 7, 2012
 
You could try the Amish D&D store on dixie going towards Glendale. They have several great deals, we go there often. Also there is a new store that just opened where Houchens used to be....(In Etown) and they are supposed to sell things at cost with a 105 add on at the register....:) Might be something to check out....if you are looking for a food bank there is a Christian Radio Station that is in Sonora that gives great boxes on Wednesday (weve volunteered there Several times) WJCR 90.1.....Hope this at least gives you some options. Good Luck to you.
Smurfette

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 7, 2012
 
Priceless grocery where houchens use to be has can goods 39 cents . There is a food bank I think behind Church of Christ !
Smurfette

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 7, 2012
 
And Priceless uses coupons too and food stamps they do add 10 % at end but for 39cent can goods and starkist tuna for 66cents it's worth it to me! Try couponing , u can also print coupons too .
Jason

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 7, 2012
 
If your willing to drive they have a store b&e salvage off old shep right off gene Snyder
please

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 8, 2012
 
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>They have a bent and dent store in Hodgenville, and I believe a discount store down toward the fairgrounds. Also, cutting coupons helps on some things. Wish I could think of something else. God bless you for trying so hard:)
yu know i try those dang coupons and they are always for the most expensive brands, like even w the coupons they cost more than the generic brands most times so i still lose! but i think i know what store in hodgenville you mean and ill have to try it out! thank u!
please

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 8, 2012
 
thank you everybody for the ideas i appreciate it a lot! i will have to check out the price less foods, that sounds like a decent priced place. thanks so much!
dinosaur

Upton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

try dumpster diving.
AHHHHH MAZIN

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

dinosaur wrote:
try dumpster diving.
YOU ARE A JACKASS!
Mandy

Hodgenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 8, 2012
 
There is a food bank every Wednesday at one of the church's behind target. I can't remember the name of it, but they give you a box of food for a donation.
Mandy

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 8, 2012
 
Mandy wrote:
There is a food bank every Wednesday at one of the church's behind target. I can't remember the name of it, but they give you a box of food for a donation.
Is it the one right behind target? Ill have to call up there or something, so you donate cash and they give you a box? that sounds very fair, im not expecting to find free things just something cheaper than the grocery, everrrything is getting so dang expensive and my son eats like a freakin bear haha!
Please

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 8, 2012
 
^^^^ and im not sure why it copied your name on there lol my b
dinosaur

Upton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

there are good things in the dumpster.you would not belive the food people toss out.just wash it.
devil himself

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dinosaur wrote:
there are good things in the dumpster.you would not belive the food people toss out.just wash it.
here's An idea why don't you dig in the dumpster and tell us how it is
dinosaur

Upton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I was just trying to help smart ass devil.
help

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

You can go to Helping Hands for food as well.
help

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 8, 2012
 
If you want to go eat somewhere, check out Warm Blessings.

Hot meals are served Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM at 609 E. Dixie by E-Town Donut in Elizabethtown, KY.

Showers and use of the washer and dryer are available by appointment.
Smurfette

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 8, 2012
 
Devil needs to back and hibernate in hell?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Elizabethtown Forum right now

Search the Elizabethtown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
hmh 26 min Diane 24
painless suicide? 26 min caught you 22
Interim EMS Director David Underwood resign now! 28 min EMS Staffer 3
Jeff Helson 53 min Traci 10
EMS Jamie Miller steals $17,000.00 in overtime pay 1 hr Ira D 2
EMS Ira Dyer Ambulance Beer Transporter 1 hr Ira D 3
JE HARRY BERRY - Why hide your EMS Theft Scanda... 1 hr Resign Berry 8
•••
•••
•••
Elizabethtown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Elizabethtown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elizabethtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Elizabethtown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elizabethtown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••