Elizabethtown Lowes
lmao

United States

#42 Nov 8, 2011
home dept sucks.they would not hire unemployed carpenters.
Depends

Toledo, OH

#43 Nov 8, 2011
You all are pathetic. Maybe it's not the employees...maybe it's the customers! Who cares! Every store has there faults! Get over it and move on. If you don't like a certain store then stop talking trash about it and take your service else where. Be an adult
lo cal

United States

#44 Jan 23, 2012
Wow wrote:
Just go right across the street the employees at the home depot are always so cheerful and willing to help...and they do a price match..so you pay the same..
I love lowe's the people are awsome!
uncle cracker

United States

#45 Jan 23, 2012
Slowes is not any cheaper on avg. home depot rocks. I have learned alot at slowes though. Figured alot of things out on my own. I will not shop there any more.
deez

Owensboro, KY

#46 Jan 24, 2012
I bought a door at lowes and asked for help loading. After 15 min of waiting for help loading I wheeled the French doors back inside and asked for a refund. They ended up loading the door for me and knocking 50% off of the purchase price and apologized.
drama

United States

#47 Jul 5, 2012
That's all that place is. Hire people with class, talking about the younger people there. The older people there are wonderful!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#48 Jul 5, 2012
I have had my business for 12 years and have done most of my shopping at Lowes. With that being said just take a look at what they have recently hired. Mohawks, tatoos, metal faces? They change managers there like most people change cell numbers. Another problem is that if a manager can hire less people then his/her bonus for overhead at the end of the year is bigger. There are some very good people at Lowes, and these are the ones that have been there over a year and cherish their jobs. If you go to Lowes from 0700-330 during the work week you will find better help than the weekend and holiday shift. Weekend help is mainly part time and most part time couldn't tell a 2x4 from a garden hoe. Recently I visited a Lowes in Abingdon, Virginia and noticed every slot of every item was stocked where the customer could get to it. I can't count the times that I have had to ask for help to get something down from an above rack, and they do not cull their lumber very often. Lowes and Walmart do not care about negative comments because of the volume of business they do. And when the cashiers call for help I have witnessed loaders standing around arguing who's turn it is to go out in the heat and cold. Lowe's, Walmart, and Home Depot are all jokes when it comes to customer service, and it will never change.
curious in bburg

Vine Grove, KY

#49 Jul 5, 2012
discusted wrote:
Everytime I go to Lowe's I cannot get any help. Yesterday I went there for fencing and had to put it all on the cart by myself. A Lowe's employee came by spoke and just kept going. I paid and told the sales clerk I need help to load it , he said he will call someone. I went out and got my truck and pulled up to the door, waited 15 mins, no help. I went inside got the cart and started out the door and he said mam I am working on it. I said I will be loading it until he gets here and went out the door. I loaded it all and pulled away with no help. I buy alot of merchandise from Lowe's but think I will be going to home depot and see if I can get service there. I am a female in my 70's and did need some help. I was so mad I loaded it faster than I put it on the cart.
I usually have to ask a stranger in the parking lot to help me load my car .,it's faster and they are friendlier .,I don't shop there unless I have to
yahoo

Elizabethtown, KY

#50 Jul 5, 2012
I like it. You might have to hunt one down and then have them look in your eyes but once that is accomplished, I really like it. Now I admit years ago when I was buying siding they would sell me something they didn't have. The computer said they had it. But it wasn't in the warehouse and I always ended up having to go back in for a refund but they got that bug worked out. Still waiting on Don's to call me back. Now Home Depot---have only been in there once and all I bought was an air-conditioner in a box and I carried that out all by myself.
electric man

Louisville, KY

#51 Jul 5, 2012
This is how home depot works. They outsorce the stocking of products to different vendors. The workers do not physically handle the merchandise they sell and most associates that work their know nothing about building. Lowes is the same way.
seriously

United States

#52 Jul 7, 2012
The girls at Lowes have some issues to work out well some of em and they really need to stay away from men who are taken. If you can't find a single man ur pathetic!
Customer

Elizabethtown, KY

#53 Jul 7, 2012
The guy who makes keys is useless. Today he spent more time and effort trying to justify why he can't make a key. I went to Wally World and they could make it for 1/2 the price.
honey

Greensburg, KY

#54 Jul 8, 2012
seriously wrote:
The girls at Lowes have some issues to work out well some of em and they really need to stay away from men who are taken. If you can't find a single man ur pathetic!
tell you're man to stop coming on to me !you need to take care of of his needs at home and ole excuse me he dosent want youre twat nomore like dogs in heat in here i love the the attention though but most guys at lowes are not my type.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#55 Jul 8, 2012
honey wrote:
<quoted text>tell you're man to stop coming on to me !you need to take care of of his needs at home and ole excuse me he dosent want youre twat nomore like dogs in heat in here i love the the attention though but most guys at lowes are not my type.
Never seen ay of that going on at Lowes so it must be from a woman who has a cheating man. Doesn't matter where he works at if that's the case.
seriously

United States

#57 Jul 8, 2012
Handyman, it's bc people cover their tracks and do it in the back or act innocent. I'm so thankful I have a faithful Hubby. I'd know if he wasn't. (:
hope

Greensburg, KY

#58 Jul 8, 2012
seriously wrote:
Handyman, it's bc people cover their tracks and do it in the back or act innocent. I'm so thankful I have a faithful Hubby. I'd know if he wasn't.(:
he hasnt had some monkey thrown at him yet!
BrAc ScAnDaL

Brandenburg, KY

#59 Jul 8, 2012
Could Lowes get caught up in this BRAC Rineyville Waste Water Scandal with credit loans to certain builders, plumbers ect. that have lots of merchandise on credit and they be tied to this LaVista Estates septic-sewer scandal?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#61 Jul 9, 2012
BrAc ScAnDaL wrote:
Could Lowes get caught up in this BRAC Rineyville Waste Water Scandal with credit loans to certain builders, plumbers ect. that have lots of merchandise on credit and they be tied to this LaVista Estates septic-sewer scandal?
Oh yes-Lowes sold defective setic tanks and bad PVC pipes. Do you know how stupid you sound now trying to bond Lowes into this mess. Plumbers and builder go out of business ever day and leave outstanding loans with businesses. Lowes is a billion dollar company and there have not been any public reports of any non payments to any builder/plumber that worked at LaVista. If you do not have the facts keep your mouth shut. People like you just want to stir up trouble with no facts, so shut up.
BrAc ScAnDaL

Brandenburg, KY

#63 Jul 9, 2012
HandymanIII wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes-Lowes sold defective setic tanks and bad PVC pipes. Do you know how stupid you sound now trying to bond Lowes into this mess. Plumbers and builder go out of business ever day and leave outstanding loans with businesses. Lowes is a billion dollar company and there have not been any public reports of any non payments to any builder/plumber that worked at LaVista. If you do not have the facts keep your mouth shut. People like you just want to stir up trouble with no facts, so shut up.
What I am speaking of is Lowes making large credit allowances to builders and plumbers and "Some" of which caught up in this scandal leaving Lowes with some Credit Loss Write Offs. Could there be stop loss incentives given to management to prevent credit loss of merchandise?

Some builders and plumbers say filing bankrupsy owing money (Credit) purchases to DIFFERENT builder supply stores like Lowes but others as well?
BrAc ScAnDaL

Brandenburg, KY

#64 Jul 9, 2012
HandymanIII wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes-Lowes sold defective setic tanks and bad PVC pipes. Do you know how stupid you sound now trying to bond Lowes into this mess. Plumbers and builder go out of business ever day and leave outstanding loans with businesses. Lowes is a billion dollar company and there have not been any public reports of any non payments to any builder/plumber that worked at LaVista. If you do not have the facts keep your mouth shut. People like you just want to stir up trouble with no facts, so shut up.
There are no builders and plumbers lining up at the bank to file bankrupsy "BECAUSE" this project has not happened yet. Once it is out there and Rineyville makes its complaints heard, then be watching for the bankrupsy fillings of different builders and plumbers who get caught up in this scandal. Those stores who have large credit allowances to the ones caught up in this mess WILL have Store Merchandise Credit Loss Write Offs that is a given.

Now you may witness STORE STOP LOSS INCENTIVES LOWERING the credit allowance across the board for ALL builders, plumbers, etc. to soften the merchandise credit loss potential as this all unfolds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City of Elizabethtown, Ky corruption 24 min Mayor B 16
When Will Amber Get Out of Jail? 4 hr Billy from 5 Year... 19
Oakwood Homes - Clayton Homes (Jun '15) 6 hr Neelie 2
Whistle Stop 7 hr Darknesskiller2 5
Paul Poynter? 8 hr KGW 4
Stacy Pearl, Jessica Humphrey 8 hr Carter 2
amy martin crack pill head (Jan '14) 9 hr Sheis mine 23

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethtown Mortgages