Elizabethtown Lowes
discusted

Trinity, TX

#21 Sep 5, 2011
Christopher Hitchens wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd guess that half of the Lowe's staff members would have a similar attitude. The problem is that half of them are busy doing something else and most of the others are having a day off, or some have had their hours cut so they aren't working either.
Big box retailers get by with as few staff as possible. And those staff members are paid as little as possible. Companies will pay lip service to customer service, but they won't be paying extra for it and they won't train properly towards it.
That's what helps to keep prices down.
The original poster can try Home Depot, but I doubt they'll be any better.
Like I said, she could have paid extra and had the items delivered to her house. How much better is that? Even better she could have employed a fencing company to do the fence and she wouldn't have needed to do anything.
You know without people like myself then Lowe's would not exist. We the customer are the ones who pay your wages, I think you must work there.
believer

Trinity, TX

#22 Sep 5, 2011
Lowes fan wrote:
<quoted text>better take you bank account with you the price will be double. But service does come with a price tag.
well thats not true...i bought shingles to roof my house and a deck package,and carter called lowes to match prices. the shingles was a little higher than lowes but the lumber for the deck package was cheaperand the coil roofing nails as well. the total was 350 dollars cheaper than lowes. carter is very competative.
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#23 Sep 6, 2011
discusted wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like an idiot.
Nah, he's more of an aspie, which is worse than an idiot.

“Turn your ****ing brain on”

Since: Feb 11

Elizabethtown, KY

#24 Sep 6, 2011
discusted wrote:
<quoted text>No I am not trying to get something for nothing. I pay my way. Sure they will deliver for 60.00, what a joke. Well what do you do when you have no one to help you???/ You sound like an idiot. You will not live to be 70 + with your smart attitude. They are suppose to load the items for you. They sure helped a man behind me and the guy went back into the store. Its like they hide. This didn't just start happening they have been the same right along.
So what you're saying is that you can unload the fencing and you can put the fencing up, but it's just getting it onto your truck that the problem?

If this has always been happening, then why in hell do you continue shopping there? Do you just like to complain so you go where you know they'll give you reason? If you have been so unhappy with their service then you should have found somewhere else to shop.

If they helped the man behind, maybe you should check your hygiene or your attitude.
discusted

Trinity, TX

#25 Sep 6, 2011
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that you can unload the fencing and you can put the fencing up, but it's just getting it onto your truck that the problem?
If this has always been happening, then why in hell do you continue shopping there? Do you just like to complain so you go where you know they'll give you reason? If you have been so unhappy with their service then you should have found somewhere else to shop.
If they helped the man behind, maybe you should check your hygiene or your attitude.
You are still an idiot and I didn't say I put the fence up, see still an idiot. I just had a shower and I don't have an attitude or I would have shown it when I had to load the merchandise I bought. You are probably on welfare and lay on your a&& all day or sit on the pc. Still an idiot.
sugarbell

Valparaiso, IN

#26 Sep 6, 2011
<quoted text>So what you're saying is that you can unload the fencing and you can put the fencing up, but it's just getting it onto your truck that the problem?

Do you really expect a 70 year old woman to load a truck alone? You sound like an unkind person who would watch as she struggled. It has nothing to do with the expression "you get what you pay for". That's not a good enough excuse for me and everyone should respect the elderly. It's the kind thing to do.
Anonymous

Lebanon, KY

#27 Sep 6, 2011
sugarbell wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really expect a 70 year old woman to load a truck alone? You sound like an unkind person who would watch as she struggled. It has nothing to do with the expression "you get what you pay for". That's not a good enough excuse for me and everyone should respect the elderly. It's the kind thing to do.
Asperger's syndrome, there's your answer.
yep

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Sep 7, 2011
Lowes fan wrote:
<quoted text>well said, lowes is a "diy" store. google it.
Do it yourself store means do it yourself at home. Do your own repairs etc...

“Turn your ****ing brain on”

Since: Feb 11

Elizabethtown, KY

#29 Sep 8, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Asperger's syndrome, there's your answer.
If I was going to Lowe's to buy fencing I wouldn't go alone. I'd take someone with me so I didn't have to wait for some surly Lowe's employee to "help" me.

The 70 year old whiny woman can't find anyone to help her.

What does that tell you?
Beenthere

Campbellsville, KY

#30 Sep 8, 2011
I agree with the lady with the fencing I have been to Lowes several times and could not get any help. My husband and I went to home Depot this past weekend and were asked by 5 people if we needed help before we got to the aisle we needed. I will go to Home Depot from now on.
cheaplaborville

Scottsville, KY

#32 Nov 5, 2011
HAHA. SO TRUE!!!
arguing

Brandenburg, KY

#33 Nov 6, 2011
discusted wrote:
<quoted text>You are still an idiot and I didn't say I put the fence up, see still an idiot. I just had a shower and I don't have an attitude or I would have shown it when I had to load the merchandise I bought. You are probably on welfare and lay on your a&& all day or sit on the pc. Still an idiot.
Accomplishing nothing. By the way, the word is spelled DISGUSTED.
visited there today

Elizabethtown, KY

#34 Nov 6, 2011
Just happened to be at Lowe's today and saw numerous people with vests standing talking to each other and when I approached to ask questions, they ran. Turned tail and ran like Redcoats!!! Never did find what I went after. Get disgusted with those people who stop in the middle of the aisle and look at stuff but the cart blocks you so you can't get by. What's with that?
its a joke

Louisville, KY

#35 Nov 6, 2011
Beenthere wrote:
I agree with the lady with the fencing I have been to Lowes several times and could not get any help. My husband and I went to home Depot this past weekend and were asked by 5 people if we needed help before we got to the aisle we needed. I will go to Home Depot from now on.
were they helping you to get your wallet out foe overpriced building materials.
Lmao

Toledo, OH

#36 Nov 6, 2011
I disagree with most of you all cause everytime I go to Lowes I get great service. There like any other buisness when it gets colder they cut peoples hours so there's no much help there. It's not the associates faults at all. It's the one above them making there schedules. Yes I cam agree that a few jus don't wanna help but so far I havnt ran into that. I will always go to Lowes cause they are all nice people and they make sure we get what we need at a great low price. I for sure am very happy everytime I leave and ready to always go back. Great store!
complainer

United States

#37 Nov 7, 2011
There's a male cashier with glasses, looks like a Stoner to me, he is the laziest piece of crap I've ever met. I think his name is Bryce or something. If you ask him for help loading something he picks up a phone and pretends to call someone. Worthless. He never lifts a finger to help load anything. They need to get rid of him.
Ummm

Toledo, OH

#38 Nov 7, 2011
Excuse me! His name is Bruce and he is a great guy! I use to b a cashier there and yes whn a customer needs help the cashier calls someone to come to the front. They can not leave there station. Plus the only reason he is up there is cause he got Hurt really bad and messed his back up. So before u go runnin ur damn mouth bout someone get ur fuckin facts strait!!!! Obviously ur nothin but a piece of shit! Stop runnin ur mouth and start runnin ur legs and then that way u can pack ur own shit out! How bout that! Grow up!
muuu

Elizabethtown, KY

#39 Nov 7, 2011
you shouldn't talk to an 85 year old with a heart ocndition like that. shame on you. foul mouth!
Shopper

Elizabethtown, KY

#40 Nov 8, 2011
You can't get help from a Lowe's employee because they are tasked to go on Topix and defend their ineptitude. DIY...blah, blah. If there are employees in red jackets why are they there? To stock? Doubt it. They would need stockers if they helped their customers find and buy the items they are looking for. The problem with that is most of the stuff Lowe's sells is JUNK.
Wow

United States

#41 Nov 8, 2011
Just go right across the street the employees at the home depot are always so cheerful and willing to help...and they do a price match..so you pay the same..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Violet creech 8 hr Tsl420 4
John Malcolmson Fired EMS Director GO AWAY 8 hr HC EMT 30
heavenly suff 11 hr Knowledge 1
Paula 11 hr Tommy 1
Christina Mattingly 12 hr Andrea 7
Who's the biggest meth dealer in Hardin co 12 hr Andrea 3
Sugarmill Apartments Memorial Dr (Oct '16) 12 hr Andrea 5

Elizabethtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance